Unbelievable on ITV!!!

rcajun90 said:
This isn't Vietnam. The NVA and the VC never threatened the United States. I agree with you however in that we did ourselves in. The only difference is this time it isn't South Vietnam to lose but Western civilization. You've mentioned Vietnam terrorisim before. I was but a child during the war and I haven't found much evidence of Vietnamese terror. What exactly are you talking about? I know what the NVA did in Hue when they moved in during the Tet Offensive but that is about it. I don't mean this as a flame but just a quest for more knowledge. :usa:
No I didn't mention terrorism..this is a gorilla war, just like VN..
Cept these folks seem to be more ruthless..moving into other Countries..etc.
It's about tactics..

GunnyL said:
The Vietnamese executed all the intellectuals, teachers, and politicians who supported democracy in Hue. But in the end, they got their butts kicked.

It isn't what the Vietnamese did during Tet 68. It was a resounding military success for the US. It is what the left within our own borders did with Tet 68. With their usual ranting and ignorance of the facts, they turned miltiary victory into political defeat. Cuz Walter said so.

The correlation is quite obvious. The left has been wearing down the uninformed/blind since the invasion. Little by little, with each declared defeat by the left, the administration loses a little more support for the war.

I got you and I agree totally. What the Jihadist need to do is blowup Hollywood!
Then you would see the Bill Maher's of the world screaming and yelling. It drives me crazy when liberals try to make Iraq into Vietnam. First the capital has been taken and we are only fighting rebels from the regin and Jihadi terrorists. It is a battle of will which if we cut and run they will win and my God I don't know what would happen next. In Desert Storm I recall that MTV
covered "The Anti-War" movement which lasted about two days since the war lasted only a few weeks. Desert Storm was different in that we weren't attacked. These egg heads are trying to turn a war of survival into a war of choice just like the enemy predicted. However I think there are more of us that are smart and informed and we will not let this happen.

I have the up most respect for the Vietnam Vet. We asked the impossible. We asked you to beat an enemy fighting a defensive war. We treated you like $hit when you got back. We can't fight Iraq this way. We need to cut off the supplies in Syria and Iran. This isn't the Cold War. This is WW III it's all or nothing. :tank: :firing:

Mr. P said:
No I didn't mention terrorism..this is a gorilla war, just like VN..
Cept these folks seem to be more ruthless..moving into other Countries..etc.
It's about tactics..

I have to ask .....what's the difference between the war the VC waged against their own people and what Islamic extremists are waging against Iraqis?

Then I have to ask you to define guerilla war versus terrorism.

In my mind, if you wage war against noncombatants -- which is clearly happening in Iraq as well as it happened in Vietnam -- you are a terrorist.

A guerilla war would be a partisan effort fought against a standing army -- combatants.

GunnyL said:
I have to ask .....what's the difference between the war the VC waged against their own people and what Islamic extremists are waging against Iraqis?
It's the same thing..IMO

My point, not clearly made above I guess, is that if we approach this like VN ,we lose.
If we allow the anti-war crowd to dictate the course of things as we did in VN, we lose.
No be nice war, we can't afford that this time. These people are not nice, the intention is to kill all infidels plain and simple, unless they are stopped, they will succeed. With every successful bombing they gain strength to move on. If unchecked there will come a time the world just rolls over and gives up.
It may take 20 years, but it would and can (Spain) happen. IMO

We must crush these idiots anyway we can!

Mr. P said:
It's the same thing..IMO

My point, not clearly made above I guess, is that if we approach this like VN ,we lose.
If we allow the anti-war crowd to dictate the course of things as we did in VN, we lose.
No be nice war, we can't afford that this time. These people are not nice, the intention is to kill all infidels plain and simple, unless they are stopped, they will succeed. With every successful bombing they gain strength to move on. If unchecked there will come a time the world just rolls over and gives up.
It may take 20 years, but it would and can (Spain) happen. IMO

We must crush these idiots anyway we can!

Agreed, however we gotta remember we only remain in Iraq because of the willingness of the sovereign interim government of Iraq and we are trying to avoid all appearances of merely creating a puppet state. Ultimately it is Iraqs' call on this one---we are committed to leave when we are asked by the recognized interim government. IMHO they would be wise to ask the USA to create a very large and permanent base there as an act of gratitude and self preservation.

You guys don't get it do you. What gabby and the rest of the left want is for the US to withdraw all troops from the middle east, allow the terrorists to flourish and persue their love of desrtuction because it's none of buisness what they do over there. They believe that Muslims want to kill us beacause we are bad, not them, us.

Kumbi-ya

I'm becoming a republican more and more each day.
Thank God

Democrat4Bush said:
You guys don't get it do you. What gabby and the rest of the left want is for the US to withdraw all troops from the middle east, allow the terrorists to flourish and persue their love of desrtuction because it's none of buisness what they do over there. They believe that Muslims want to kill us beacause we are bad, not them, us.

Kumbi-ya

Thank God

Naaaaaaaa that would require a plan of action and forethought--the left has neither.

Democrat4Bush said:

Kumbi-ya

Thank God

the light is very bright!...need some really good sunglasses! LOL

nucular said:
They're using force and terror now, but if that doesn't work just wait a while. Islamic people are all over the world and they're having lots of kids. They'll just take over with numbers eventually.

At least they cook some good food!

They'll take over my ass. They'll be nuked to the stone age before that happens. Liberals are such happy, confident, defenders of the American way of life...

ThomasPaine said:
They'll take over my ass. They'll be nuked to the stone age before that happens. Liberals are such happy, confident, defenders of the American way of life...

Not only will they take over, they have taken over in many parts of the world. Hopefully it won't happen here.
:poke:

nucular said:
Not only will they take over, they have taken over in many parts of the world. Hopefully it won't happen here.

If we as a nation don't address the issue and face it down, they will. They are waging unconditional holy war while we are waging some liberal, PC conditional bullshit.

If they come, I will be more than happy to teach them some new meanings to terrorism, and unlike them, I'm not for wasting my life to do it.

I intend to be a repeat offender.

nucular said:
Nuc, if you and your ilk had their way, you would be correct in you supposition. But you are not the majority.

Kathianne said:
Nuc, if you and your ilk had their way, you would be correct in you supposition. But you are not the majority.

The sad thing is, there are enough ostriches to hamstring our National resolve on the issue, as they are doing. I figure it'll last until just about the next 9/11-type attack takes place, and then few if any will care what their apoligist butts have to say.

Kathianne said:

Gimme a break, if you look at my post history you will see that I am firmly against the worldwide threat of Islam. Where does this come from?

nucular said:
Gimme a break, if you look at my post history you will see that I am firmly against the worldwide threat of Islam. Where does this come from?

Maybe from you're inability to provide a better method of dealing with it.

dilloduck said:
Maybe from you're inability to provide a better method of dealing with it.

How to deal with fanaticism? There are plenty of people on this list who advocate draconian measures such as nuking the entire Middle East. Miraculously sparing Israel and containing fallout within the region, of course. I don't favor that. But suppose we could. That still doesn't rid the world of Islam. They are all over Indonesia, the Subcontinent, and now they are in Europe, South America, Africa, etc. I readily admit that I don't know a method to deal with it. What's your method?

nucular said:
How to deal with fanaticism? There are plenty of people on this list who advocate draconian measures such as nuking the entire Middle East. Miraculously sparing Israel and containing fallout within the region, of course. I don't favor that. But suppose we could. That still doesn't rid the world of Islam. They are all over Indonesia, the Subcontinent, and now they are in Europe, South America, Africa, etc. I readily admit that I don't know a method to deal with it. What's your method?

Recognizing it for one.

Why are you so proud of being a dark visionary? Do you think it makes you seem cool?

It's completely within our power to defeat terrorism. Why do make it sound as if it's inevitable we will LOSE? WHo destroyed your hope? And why do you attempt to destroy other people's hope? You're toxic.

It baffles me that intelligent people like nuc think we should just lay down and die on the altar of political correctness.

White christians deserve to die, right Nuc? I mean, we're the source of all the worlds problems, right? Your brain is an obscenity.

nucular said:

They have birth rates in the area of 40-50 per 1000 (total population). It's funny though, the stats for the Gaza strip are 40 per 1000. Looks like there is some competition going on. :thup:

Forum List

Back