UN warns of "climate time bomb"

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
The United Nations (U.N.) published its latest climate change report Monday, which doubled down on global warming-related risks and which the intergovernmental organization dubbed a "survival guide for humanity."

"The rate of temperature rise in the last half-century is the highest in 2,000 years," U.N. Secretary-General António Guterres said in a video message Monday. "Concentrations of carbon dioxide are at their highest in at least 2 million years. The climate time bomb is ticking. But today’s IPCC report is a how-to guide to defuse the climate time bomb. It is a survival guide for humanity."

"Ceasing all licensing or funding of new oil and gas – consistent with the findings of the International Energy Agency," he continued. "Stopping any expansion of existing oil and gas reserves; shifting subsidies from fossil fuels to a just energy transition; establishing a global phasedown of existing oil and gas production compatible with the 2050 global net-zero target."

Comment:
We must take immediate action to save humanity!!
Ban UN Officials from using cars.
Ban UN Officials from using buses.
Ban UN Officials from using trains.
Ban UN Officials from using planes.
Ban UN Officials from eating food cultivated by tractors.
Ban UN Officials from lighting, heating, and cooling their homes.
Ban UN Officials from using cellphones.
Ban UN Officials from using the internet.

Ban UN Officials from making statements or even talking.
Ban UN Officials from breathing American air.

In my first act as President I vow to set off a fire drill at the UN & then padlock the doors once they are all outside.

Before the usual progpanzies get their panties all bunched, I'd have warm airport busses waiting for them all since it will be in January.
I'm not an asshole ya know

The Governments of the West are getting desperate with their barrage of lies as there is NO climate crisis at all.

The Governments of the East isn't going to play along with the mantra because they know it is all bullshit.

The Governments of the West are getting desperate with their barrage of lies as there is NO climate crisis at all.

The Governments of the East isn't going to play along with the mantra because they know it is all bullshit.
Who are the "Governments of the East" and the "Governments of the West"?

CO2 levels are higher than they have been in over a million years. This month seems to be the hottest in a VERY long while. The oceans have experienced an insanely high heat spike. Why would there NOT be a climate crisis?

7fa899fe4f3e78b9.jpeg

Are you suggesting that the global heat wave is being caused by forest fires or were you just out of funny graphics?

I am not out of anything and I still believe this climate rubbish is a hoax....with means to something else.

there-is-no-need-for-climate-change-protest-in-china-because-theyre-already-communist.jpg

The United Nations (U.N.) published its latest climate change report Monday, which doubled down on global warming-related risks and which the intergovernmental organization dubbed a "survival guide for humanity."

"The rate of temperature rise in the last half-century is the highest in 2,000 years," U.N. Secretary-General António Guterres said in a video message Monday. "Concentrations of carbon dioxide are at their highest in at least 2 million years. The climate time bomb is ticking. But today’s IPCC report is a how-to guide to defuse the climate time bomb. It is a survival guide for humanity."

"Ceasing all licensing or funding of new oil and gas – consistent with the findings of the International Energy Agency," he continued. "Stopping any expansion of existing oil and gas reserves; shifting subsidies from fossil fuels to a just energy transition; establishing a global phasedown of existing oil and gas production compatible with the 2050 global net-zero target."

Comment:
We must take immediate action to save humanity!!
Ban UN Officials from using cars.
Ban UN Officials from using buses.
Ban UN Officials from using trains.
Ban UN Officials from using planes.
Ban UN Officials from eating food cultivated by tractors.
Ban UN Officials from lighting, heating, and cooling their homes.
Ban UN Officials from using cellphones.
Ban UN Officials from using the internet.

The UN is pretty bad at most things. Climate change is an issue, not necessarily one that we can influence that much, but we can live more in harmony with our world

Forum List

Back