Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
First force Israel to respond, then cut them off:

Security Council schedules emergency consultations - Yahoo! News

Abbas shows his colorful feathers too:

Security Council schedules emergency consultations

36 mins ago
UNITED NATIONS – The United Nations Security Council has scheduled emergency consultations to address the escalation of violence in Gaza.
The decision to hold consulations Saturday night came after Israeli tanks and infantry rolled into Gaza in a ground offensive in the widening war against Hamas.

Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has urged key world leaders to intensify efforts to achieve an immediate Israeli-Hamas cease-fire that includes international monitors to enforce a truce and possibly to protect Palestinian civilians.

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and several Arab foreign ministers are flying to New York over the weekend to urge the Security Council to adopt an Arab draft resolution that would condemn Israel and demand a halt to its bombing campaign in Gaza....

Just a question Annie, it's been seven days.

How many more military targets does Pali have left at this point?

Have the 'rockets' stopped falling in Israel? Pretty easy to stop this, you know?

Have the 'rockets' stopped falling in Israel? Pretty easy to stop this, you know?

Well from what I've read, no. But I haven't heard of the rockets doing any damage, which is probably why you haven't heard about it alot.

My point being, if we've supposedly destroyed all their military bases and security compounds then all that is left to do is invade.

Does anyone not get the following basic concept about war?

Artillery (in this case missiles) will not solve the entire damn problem.

Well from what I've read, no. But I haven't heard of the rockets doing any damage, which is probably why you haven't heard about it alot.

My point being, if we've supposedly destroyed all their military bases and security compounds then all that is left to do is invade.

Does anyone not get the following basic concept about war?

Artillery (in this case missiles) will not solve the entire damn problem.
Just like any modern endeavor, the air can't do it all. The ground troops are needed to take out the enclaves that are sending the missiles. Robert-there's been quite the lose of life in Israel in the past week, not to mention 2 schools hit, the fact that kids weren't there is not the fault of Hamas.

Just like any modern endeavor, the air can't do it all. The ground troops are needed to take out the enclaves that are sending the missiles. Robert-there's been quite the lose of life in Israel in the past week, not to mention 2 schools hit, the fact that kids weren't there is not the fault of Hamas.

Do me a favor and read my post completely again instead of just quoting it.

I thought it you who didn't understand what you had written, my bad.

The fact Israel hasn't invaded like they should of done a long time ago speaks volumes. They KNOW the only way to solve the problem is a ground invasion, yet never gone through with it.

And it's not like they haven't had their chances. The U.S. would delay any UN Resolution or Veto any UN Resolution trying to condemn Israel. That's why Israel had free reign on bombing last time when the U.S. held up the UN Resolution that would tell Israel to stop.

The fact Israel hasn't invaded like they should of done a long time ago speaks volumes. They KNOW the only way to solve the problem is a ground invasion, yet never gone through with it.

And it's not like they haven't had their chances. The U.S. would delay any UN Resolution or Veto any UN Resolution trying to condemn Israel. That's why Israel had free reign on bombing last time when the U.S. held up the UN Resolution that would tell Israel to stop.

They did in '06, US and UN made them pull back, same will happen now. You agree, they shouldn't? That's what it seems you're saying.

They did in '06, US and UN made them pull back, same will happen now. You agree, they shouldn't? That's what it seems you're saying.

I believe that if Israel truly wanted to solve this problem, they would of invaded a long time ago.

And if it means alot less civilian deaths for both sides, so be it.

But Israel should also expect any opposition they may receive.

How many civilians are in the land known as Palestine? If they voted for Hamas, a terrorist organization, wouldn't the majority of them be considered terrorists or terrorist sympathizers? People say Hamas uses civilians as human shields, but maybe these 'civilians' want to be human shields to support Hamas. And if you didn't support Hamas, wouldn't you leave?

How many civilians are in the land known as Palestine? If they voted for Hamas, a terrorist organization, wouldn't the majority of them be considered terrorists or terrorist sympathizers? People say Hamas uses civilians as human shields, but maybe these 'civilians' want to be human shields to support Hamas. And if you didn't support Hamas, wouldn't you leave?

I'm going against the grain here, even my own take for the most part. I think those that voted for Hamas, were voting for a lesser Israel and greater Palestine. Granted the later didn't and doesn't exist, but that is where their hope lay. Some are 'committed' to destruction of Israel, true believers, I hope most were just wanting better for themselves and children.

I'm going against the grain here, even my own take for the most part. I think those that voted for Hamas, were voting for a lesser Israel and greater Palestine. Granted the later didn't and doesn't exist, but that is where their hope lay. Some are 'committed' to destruction of Israel, true believers, I hope most were just wanting better for themselves and children.

Actually, Hamas never included in their manifesto about the destruction of Israel being in their plans.

They can't leave-- they're completely blocked in. And one-party elections are hardly elections. Those civilians don't have a damn choice, and that's why hundreds have died already.

They can't leave-- they're completely blocked in. And one-party elections are hardly elections. Those civilians don't have a damn choice, and that's why hundreds have died already.

hundreds? Pray tell your source.

Forum List

Back