UN-Lock Your Apple?

the fbi wants apple to write a code that disables the delay feature

so far the court has mandated apple into involuntary servitude

Why can't apple just extract the data and give it to the fbi, rather than them demand the key?

^ This.

Anyone?

because the key does not exist

Cook has turned down the FBI request to develop such key. I believe they have the ability to do so.

Personally I have no problem with Apple agreeing to the request in this instance, for this particular phone, as long as they keep the key ... under lock and key.

Why can't apple just extract the data and give it to the fbi, rather than them demand the key?

^ This.

Anyone?

because the key does not exist

Cook has turned down the FBI request to develop such key. I believe they have the ability to do so.

Personally I have no problem with Apple agreeing to the request in this instance, for this particular phone, as long as they keep the key ... under lock and key.

perhaps this is one of the things folks warned the public about

when the Supreme Court validated that the governments ability to mandate

Make an exception in this instance, have Apple unlock the phone.

Give gov't the tools to do this at will? No fucking way.

Q: Could this phone be rigged so that if unlocked, it could trigger something else?

Tip: write down your passcode somewhere so if something happens to you, family can access your phone.
I think you made the best reply right off the bat. Go after each phone on a case by case basis.

There have been many instances where a family member has died but never wrote their passcode down. Some have been suicides, murders . . . something could be on the phone that could help those left behind. Apple has turned down all requests. If it's known that Apple will not budge, let someone know your code so it's accessible.

imo, terrorists phone = exception to rule. Unlock the phone.

Not good enough.

If those people wanted you to know what was on their phones, they wouldn't have bought an apple phone to begin with.

View attachment 64108

It's been reported at several levels of the government that the administration doesn't want to know who's who on being a terrorist by ordering people watching known and suspected terrorists to destroy the information they have......

I'll keep my privacy and liberty if this is how the government operates.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Amen to that, brother.

The leading candidate on the Democrat slate was so blase about state secrets that she, Bill's wife, hung them out on a private server....

...and Lois Lerner exploited private IRS data to use against political adversaries....

No....government is to be suspect rather than canonized.

And...if the claim is that they need to unlock the phone to figure out the plans....start by unlocking the holy Q'ran.

Make an exception in this instance, have Apple unlock the phone.

Give gov't the tools to do this at will? No fucking way.

Q: Could this phone be rigged so that if unlocked, it could trigger something else?

Tip: write down your passcode somewhere so if something happens to you, family can access your phone.
I think you made the best reply right off the bat. Go after each phone on a case by case basis.

There have been many instances where a family member has died but never wrote their passcode down. Some have been suicides, murders . . . something could be on the phone that could help those left behind. Apple has turned down all requests. If it's known that Apple will not budge, let someone know your code so it's accessible.

imo, terrorists phone = exception to rule. Unlock the phone.

Not good enough.

If those people wanted you to know what was on their phones, they wouldn't have bought an apple phone to begin with.

Which is why it's a good idea to let someone know your passcode in the event of your death. It can be in your will, a safe box, instructions that are only opened upon your death, etc. Otherwise, what's on the phone stays on the phone.

Make Apple unlock specific phones with a court order. But the technology stays with Apple and it's done by Apple employees. No way should Apple give anyone, including the FBI, a backdoor.

Apple is just pretending to play a game of caring for their lemmings when in fact their only concern is their bonuses, profile, corporate image, and market share. So who gives a shit about what you have stored in your little Apple, unless of course it is illegal, so what is there to hide? Apparently owners of Apple techno toys are very important, secretive, and special people. The youth of today are truly very important and private, probably why they have face book............

Make Apple unlock specific phones with a court order. But the technology stays with Apple and it's done by Apple employees. No way should Apple give anyone, including the FBI, a backdoor.

they are not "unlocking " anything

that is not what the government asked them to do

the government mandated them to create software to

disable the delay feature

so the government can try up to a million combinations to unlock it

if it is two layered then up to a trillion tries

I understand that completely. Hence my statement, "No way should Apple give anyone, including the FBI, a backdoor.". I was merely offering up what I believe is a reasonable alternative.

I understand that completely. Hence my statement, "No way should Apple give anyone, including the FBI, a backdoor.". I was merely offering up what I believe is a reasonable alternative.

WHAT?????

Apple should stand in the way of an edict from big government??????

Wadda you.......some sort of ...

...American?

i tend to find it unreasonable for the government to force a person or corporation into involuntarily servitude without due process

i tend to find it unreasonable for the government to force a person or corporation into involuntarily servitude without due process

Liberalism can be boiled down to this simple equation:
Good intention + Coercion = Solution

'Cause....you know....government always knows what is best for you.

Forum List

Back