Un Appoints Great-grandson Of Caliph Who Opposes Free Speech As Human Rights Chief

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
A Human Rights chief who doesn't believe in Free Speech??? Maybe he thinks people should be jailed or even murdered if they speak up against Islam.

UN Appoints Great-Grandson of Caliph Who Opposes Free Speech as Human Rights Chief

September 27, 2014 by Daniel Greenfield 7 Comments

blank.gif

The UN is not just a joke. It’s also a really expensive waste of money. But sometimes it can be hard to remember that.

Prince Zeid Ra’ad Zeid Al Hussein was officially appointed by the 193-Nation UN General Assembly to become the next United Nations human rights chief in Geneva.

“Prince Zeid’s work on sexual violence and his leadership on the international criminal court give a good foundation for this new role,” said Peggy Hicks, global advocacy director at Human Rights Watch.

I bet.

Jordanian law protects the perpetrators of honor crimes.

The section of the penal code most frequently invoked on behalf of perpetrators of “honor” killings is article 98. This statute mandates reduction of penalty for a perpetrator (of either gender) who commits a crime in a “state of great fury [or “fit of fury”] resulting from an unlawful and dangerous act on the part of the victim.

Continue reading at:

UN Appoints Great-Grandson of Caliph Who Opposes Free Speech as Human Rights Chief FrontPage Magazine

Death Penalty News Jordan Prince Zeid calls for abolishing death penalty

United Nations News Centre - UN rights chief condemns brutal killings by ISIL of women politicians in Iraq

The U.N. s New Voice for Human Rights Prince Zeid Rising Stars OZY
To be sure, being royal doesn’t make Zeid a monarchist. And just because the regime he’s served is awful on press freedom doesn’t mean he is. Indeed, some believe Zeid is far more reformist than his past posts let him express; they believe he could be a standard bearer for Arab democracy and “build and nurture the still small voices of Arab liberalism and political moderation,” as Barbara Crossette wrote recently.

Might not be a bad choice, the criticisms related to Jordan are certainly a concern, but he has other very good credentials. :)

What difference does it make who's great grandson he is? We don't pick our families.

Prince Zeid bin Ra ad - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

He doesn't sound bad.

If you don't believe in the idea of Free Speech, then of course you will like him.

Look at his entire record, not just what one source says. He might not be a bad choice and he has certainly done some good things.
For example what difference does it make who his great grandfather is? He is not his great grandfather.

What difference does it make who's great grandson he is? We don't pick our families.

He doesn't sound bad.

If you don't believe in the idea of Free Speech, then of course you will like him.

Look at his entire record, not just what one source says. He might not be a bad choice and he has certainly done some good things.
For example what difference does it make who his great grandfather is? He is not his great grandfather.

Maybe you can get a job as his secretary since you think he has such a good record.

He doesn't sound bad.

Maybe you can get a job as his secretary since you think he has such a good record.

Maybe you can actually discuss things - like his record - rather than slinging two-bit insults when ever someone actually wants to discuss something you posted.

I posted links to his record and what's being said about him specificially. What's so bad in there?

He doesn't sound bad.

Maybe you can actually discuss things - like his record - rather than slinging two-bit insults when ever someone actually wants to discuss something you posted.

I posted links to his record and what's being said about him specificially. What's so bad in there?

I don't care what his record is. If you as an American can champion some man who is against Free Speech just because he happens to be a Muslim tells an awful lot about you.

He doesn't sound bad.

I don't care what his record is. If you as an American can champion some man who is against Free Speech just because he happens to be a Muslim tells an awful lot about you.

You should care Sally. You should care enough to look it up rather than automatically swallow everything that is fed to you.

Specifically - how is he against Free Speech? What has he said, what positions has he taken?

You should care Sally. You should care enough to look it up rather than automatically swallow everything that is fed to you.

Specifically - how is he against Free Speech? What has he said, what positions has he taken?

Well, Coyote, it seems that you swallow everything Islamic and wants the viewers to believe you know all about Islam. Tell us what this guy has done in his own country to stop honor killings.

Well, Coyote, it seems that you swallow everything Islamic and wants the viewers to believe you know all about Islam. Tell us what this guy has done in his own country to stop honor killings.

We'll see if he is just like the others who are demanding that the UN makes it a crime to speak out against Islam.

e

We'll see if he is just like the others who are demanding that the UN makes it a crime to speak out against Islam.

You didn't answer the question Sally - what has he said or what positions has he taken that indicate he opposes free speech? Does he have a record of attempting to force the UN to make it a crime to speak out against Islam or has he taken any stands in that regard?

e

You didn't answer the question Sally - what has he said or what positions has he taken that indicate he opposes free speech? Does he have a record of attempting to force the UN to make it a crime to speak out against Islam or has he taken any stands in that regard?

I apologize. It was his old time relative. However, we will see how well he does in the UN when it comes to the human rights abuses committed by his fellow Muslims. It seems that the Muslims in the UN don't actually speak up against these, but are so quick to blame others.

e

I apologize. It was his old time relative. However, we will see how well he does in the UN when it comes to the human rights abuses committed by his fellow Muslims. It seems that the Muslims in the UN don't actually speak up against these, but are so quick to blame others.

This fellow seems to have potential and a record behind him of trying to make changes. Maybe it will be good :)

This fellow seems to have potential and a record behind him of trying to make changes. Maybe it will be good :)

Time will tell. We'll see how he operates in the UN. I'm sure the UN Watch will be keeping tabs on him to see if he is being fair to all religions.

Time will tell. We'll see how he operates in the UN. I'm sure the UN Watch will be keeping tabs on him to see if he is being fair to all religions.

lets take bets on the GLORY OF HIS HUMANTARIAN FEATS

Forum List

Back