UK's first all-electric car charging forecourt opens in Essex

This is all very encouraging.A real kick in the bollocks for the deniers.
Solar is a novelty for the virtue signaler types. In the UK it’s less than 4% of their power production. It will never be a feasible primary power source. Here in super sunny Arizona it’s no where near being a feasible power source, it only makes up 6% of our power. It just can’t compete with nuclear.

Real “clean energy” won’t come until we have mastered fusion nuclear technology, which will be another hundred years. Not that a dolt like you would understand that.
There are plenty of waves crashing against UK shorelines. That technology has yet to be developed.
I won't personally mind a few more nuclear power stations built and paid for by the Chinese at least in the short term.
Didnt you hear, in 1000 years your shorelines might be under water by then.

And how do you plan on getting the electricity for those courts?

On November 3rd, National Grid, which operates the electrical system in the United Kingdom, issued an “electricity margin notice,” for the afternoon of November 4. What this essentially meant is that the electricity operator was concerned that electricity supplies could become tight, especially at peak hours. Blackouts were not imminent, but the risk was there.

National Grid was forecasting a shortfall of 740 MW (1.5%) in the extra power plant capacity it needs to have available at all times to meet demand or pick of slack in the event a power plant breaks down. It is important to note that this happened at the beginning of November, not in the heat of summer when air conditioning can strain grids or an abnormally long cold snap in the winter. No, this was not caused by overburdening the grid but by overreliance on unreliable alternative energies.
----

The reason for this warning was that a mass of cold, calm air moved over the U.K. The cold prompted electricity use while the lack of wind cut the available power generation from onshore and offshore wind farms. Britain’s wind farms are intended to produce, on average, 16.9 GW of energy but were expected to only generate only 2.5 GW of energy at times on Wednesday. Of that 2.5 GW, “system constraints” prevent the use of 1.2 GW.

How do you power electric cars when you can't even power the homes people live in?

And where is that electricity for those cars coming from again?

Solar? Pretty dark out this time of year? Wind? Dont think you have enough Dutch Windmills to cover the whole bucktooth population of Britain yet. So will you be charging cars, and cutting off your computer and other electricity while charging?

The article explains it. All you have to do is read. On top of that if you aren't interested don't buy one. It's simple.

Are electric cars perfected yet? No, people still largely rode horses when cars hit the road. This is simply another large step forward. I don't understand why that scares so many people.

It doesn't scare people...what scares people is when leftists say you won't be able to buy a gas powered car..........like California trying to ban gas powered cars....

If there is a choice, no one cares...when the leftists ban fracking, oil, coal, natural gas and nuclear energy, and want to force everyone to live off of windmills and solar panels....then people get scared....

They're gonna need a LOT more coal burning power plants to charge all those clean electric vehicles.

And MAN! All those extremely toxic batteries will be wonderful for the environment to boot !!!!!

:gay::spinner:

And a lot more brown and black people are going to have to be forced into the mines to get the various metals and other components for solar panels......but exploiting brown and black has always been the way of leftists....

I didnt see anything on time to charge.
Can you charge your car as fast as I can fill up my 38 gallon tank on my Tundra?
Of course the answer is no.
Sure would hate to be the guy third and fourth in line....you'd be waiting for a loooong time.

Yep....imagine waking up in the morning and realizing you forgot to plug in your car........instead of a quick trip to the gas station....you now are hours late for work........

Imagine you are on the road in the middle of a wide open space and you forgot to charge your car.......you are now stuck, and how will you get your car to a charging station?

Solar? Pretty dark out this time of year? Wind? Dont think you have enough Dutch Windmills to cover the whole bucktooth population of Britain yet. So will you be charging cars, and cutting off your computer and other electricity while charging?

The article explains it. All you have to do is read. On top of that if you aren't interested don't buy one. It's simple.

Are electric cars perfected yet? No, people still largely rode horses when cars hit the road. This is simply another large step forward. I don't understand why that scares so many people.

It doesn't scare people...what scares people is when leftists say you won't be able to buy a gas powered car..........like California trying to ban gas powered cars....

If there is a choice, no one cares...when the leftists ban fracking, oil, coal, natural gas and nuclear energy, and want to force everyone to live off of windmills and solar panels....then people get scared....

California isn't going to ban gas powered cars any more than Trump was going make Mexico pay for the wall.

Political rhetoric will not determine where future technology goes.

We have very few charging stations here in the US. But when I see one, I always park by petrol-powered motor car in it's space, just for shits and grins.
and you should have your windows broken out and shit in your seats,,,

no reason to be a prick,,,

Can you charge your car as fast as I can fill up my 38 gallon tank on my Tundra?
Sure would hate to be the guy third and fourth in line....you'd be waiting for a loooong time.

Yep....imagine waking up in the morning and realizing you forgot to plug in your car........instead of a quick trip to the gas station....you now are hours late for work........

Imagine you are on the road in the middle of a wide open space and you forgot to charge your car.......you are now stuck, and how will you get your car to a charging station?

Yep.
And you cant even catch a ride to the gas station with a two gallon gas can to get you to the station.

There will be a solution to all these problems you stupid fuck. Clever folk are working on it now.

There will be a solution to all these problems you stupid fuck. Clever folk are working on it now.

I dont see a solution to either of those problems.

You arent in the solutions business.

The solution is easy....coal, oil, natural gas, nuclear.......you guys just aren't interested in what works...you are only interested in pixie dust and fantasies...

So you dont see a solution either.
Because there isnt one.

Because there isnt one.
I do see solutions. I just dont have to find them.Technology moves on. Every item we use now is better than the one we used 10 years ago. That is what will happen with cars.

Why do you fight against progress with such childish arguments. People like you would still be using square wheels if you had the chance.

Because there isnt one.
I do see solutions. I just dont have to find them.Technology moves on. Every item we use now is better than the one we used 10 years ago. That is what will happen with cars.

Why do you fight against progress with such childish arguments. People like you would still be using square wheels if you had the chance.

So how do you solve the running out of power on the open road issue?
Same for forgetting to plug in you electric toy car?
There is no solution.
And you never answered my original question.
How long will your magic charging station take to charge your battery? And what if you're third in line at your magic charging station? Hell the Wifes company has charging station for use of their customers but people were plugging in and leaving their cars overnight to charge. They finally had to shut em off at night to stop the theft.
I can fill my 38 gallon Tundra tank in just a few minutes and i'm on my way.

People aren't scared, they're just savvy enough to know the infrastructure is not there to support the idea. It was reported that a third of motorists can't charge a vehicle from home. People are not convinced because the technology is currently not there in terms of what people see as an adequate alternative to petrol and diesel.

In general, people on the whole don't like change and will just envisage the negatives.

For example, after a flood in city where I live, the power was off for over a week. No problem for my diesel car but what problems would I have experienced if it was an EV?

The only way EV's will work is that you own the car but not the batteries. When the batteries run low, you stop at a converted petrol station where they swap your battery pack with a charged one and you pay the charge cost. Or, technology means the car is charged in 2 to 5 minutes.

People aren't scared, they're just savvy enough to know the infrastructure is not there to support the idea. It was reported that a third of motorists can't charge a vehicle from home. People are not convinced because the technology is currently not there in terms of what people see as an adequate alternative to petrol and diesel.

In general, people on the whole don't like change and will just envisage the negatives.

For example, after a flood in city where I live, the power was off for over a week. No problem for my diesel car but what problems would I have experienced if it was an EV?

The only way EV's will work is that you own the car but not the batteries. When the batteries run low, you stop at a converted petrol station where they swap your battery pack with a charged one and you pay the charge cost. Or, technology means the car is charged in 2 to 5 minutes.

We didn't really even have roads before we had cars. No one is arguing that this is a done technology. Actually if power is off you can't get diesel either as the pumps won't work. If you have diesel in your car it will run. If your car is charged it will run.

Forum List

Back