UK under ransomware attack

Holy guacamole!

---

Government under pressure after NHS crippled in global cyber attack as weekend of chaos looms

TELEMMGLPICT000128460613-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqe5jTtuvhyhg4PHi86V8a0uHC4uooAYptTLzL00kNATY.jpeg

NHS bosses and the government are facing questions over why hospitals had been left vulnerable to the global cyber attack that crippled services on Friday.

The health service faces a weekend of chaos after hackers demanding a ransom infiltrated the health service’s antiquated computer system.

Operations and appointments were cancelled and ambulances diverted as up to 40 hospital trusts became infected by a “ransomware” attack demanding payment to regain access to vital medical records.

Government under pressure after NHS crippled in global cyber attack as weekend of chaos looms
Our local news said all indications are that this attack was out of N.Korea.

It is similar to an earlier attack out of N.Korea.

Apparently our trident system is also run on XP. God help us.

I am pretty sure you guys will find some ways to save money other than penny pinching your healthcare system. Just scrap the Navy altogether. 99% of the Euro countries do not have anything like UK Navy and they are getting by just fine. Some of them even have better healthcare than UK.
Scrap trident. Its a total waste of taxpayers cash.

I believe Trident is the only credible nuclear deterrence UK has. So I do not think it will be a good idea for you to scrap Trident. It is tough choice. I can imagine why those old computers never got upgraded.
Britain does not need Trident which it cannot afford. There is no threat to the UK which needs nuclear weapons for protection.
But then who will protect America's biggest aircraft carrier?
We don't have one single biggest carrier.

You are thinking of England, Russia, and China.

We have a whole class called Nimitz comprised of 10 such supercarriers.

There is a new class due out sometimes this year called the Ford class. But the first one has not been commissioned (launched to sea) yet.

List of aircraft carriers of the United States Navy - Wikipedia

I personally think healthcare is not the area where UK should be cutting corners. It looks like UK's defense budget is excessively large. It will be wise to cut corners there.

I am pretty sure you guys will find some ways to save money other than penny pinching your healthcare system. Just scrap the Navy altogether. 99% of the Euro countries do not have anything like UK Navy and they are getting by just fine. Some of them even have better healthcare than UK.

I believe Trident is the only credible nuclear deterrence UK has. So I do not think it will be a good idea for you to scrap Trident. It is tough choice. I can imagine why those old computers never got upgraded.
Britain does not need Trident which it cannot afford. There is no threat to the UK which needs nuclear weapons for protection.
England (they will Brexit soon and then Scotland and N.Ireland will probably leave them too and there will be no Britain left) is the classic dual partner of the USA in the standoff against Russia-China.

So England DOES need nuclear subs with ICBMs so they can reach Russia and China to deter each of these from launching a nuclear missile attack.

This has been strategic doctrine for many many decades now. Nothing new.

Defense and BBC, particularly BBC, is where they should be cutting funding.
The BBC is funded by license holders. Overall its a great deal.

Tax is now managed online. That would be horrific if they have skimped on that.

I personally think healthcare is not the area where UK should be cutting corners. It looks like UK's defense budget is excessively large. It will be wise to cut corners there.

National defense is a total waste of taxpayers cash ... right up until the time someone like Adolf or Stalin or Mao or Kim J.U. decides they want to take over your country.

I did not have any idea that the United States rely on British boats for protection.

Holy guacamole!

---

TELEMMGLPICT000128460613-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqe5jTtuvhyhg4PHi86V8a0uHC4uooAYptTLzL00kNATY.jpeg

NHS bosses and the government are facing questions over why hospitals had been left vulnerable to the global cyber attack that crippled services on Friday.

The health service faces a weekend of chaos after hackers demanding a ransom infiltrated the health service’s antiquated computer system.

Operations and appointments were cancelled and ambulances diverted as up to 40 hospital trusts became infected by a “ransomware” attack demanding payment to regain access to vital medical records.

The question is, who did this?

First suspicions lie on the North Koreans. However others have said people might be using North Korea as a front. The grammar is pretty poor, what you'd expect of someone without great English, but then again, if you wanted to hide, you'd make your English look bad, right? But some things are surprisingly good, and then there are a few mistakes, perhaps someone went through Google Translate and back to make it look this way.

Second suspicions are on the US govt. Why? Well, China got hit, Russia got hit. The UK got hit but probably because that's the way things go, and the NHS was especially vulnerable. Why would the US do it? Well, to see what they could do. The money part isn't so essential, but makes it look real. Or could it be someone trying to make it look like the US govt did it?

Certainly this was a US govt program that was stolen, but perhaps the US govt made it be stolen so they could use it.

Well, all the facts we know are "it happened", so....

We don't have one single biggest carrier.

You are thinking of England, Russia, and China.

We have a whole class called Nimitz comprised of 10 such supercarriers.

There is a new class due out sometimes this year called the Ford class. But the first one has not been commissioned (launched to sea) yet.

List of aircraft carriers of the United States Navy - Wikipedia

But the 1000 thousand acres of British islands must count for something?

I did not have any idea that the United States rely on British boats for protection.

Still better than relying on French boats, I think.

Forum List

Back