Uk plans to ban pint beer glasses for safety.

I am so glad mom chose (for me and my sister as well) US Citizenship over Scottish.. My mom immigrated from Scotland, and was a citizen of the US when I was born, but apparently if you are born in the US, you get to choose between the two, within a certain timeframe.

Next they will outlaw steak knives..

I do not believe that is the case today. America recognizes dual citizenship as does the UK.

I think dual citizenship only lasts a certain amount of time, though.. unless you can PM me with more details on where to find this information or something.. =) I'm sure you are knowledgeable on this. :eusa_angel:

I am so glad mom chose (for me and my sister as well) US Citizenship over Scottish.. My mom immigrated from Scotland, and was a citizen of the US when I was born, but apparently if you are born in the US, you get to choose between the two, within a certain timeframe.

Next they will outlaw steak knives..

I do not believe that is the case today. America recognizes dual citizenship as does the UK.
And I wish we had not changed that.

Why? :confused:

People get on the turps, can't hold their booze, get into a fight and start glassing each other. Idiots. Now I'm faced with drinking out of plastic next time I visit the UK. Sod that. Why can't they make better glasses? The old Imperial pint dimple glass would have been bloody hard to break (not that I tried it) I reckon it's these new thinner ones they have that are the problem.

People get on the turps, can't hold their booze, get into a fight and start glassing each other. Idiots. Now I'm faced with drinking out of plastic next time I visit the UK. Sod that. Why can't they make better glasses? The old Imperial pint dimple glass would have been bloody hard to break (not that I tried it) I reckon it's these new thinner ones they have that are the problem.

I personally think a pewter beer stein is a better weapon than a glass.

The handle makes it perfect for repeated strikes. And you can gouge an eye out with the thumb lever

413y0rk1htl_ss500_.jpg

And I wish we had not changed that.

Why? :confused:
Just my philosophy on loyalty. If one is a citizen of the USA, they can vote. That raises the question about whether the dualie's vote was what the dualie believed was best for the USA or best for the country having his/her loyalties as well.

I've got three citizenships. Yes as a matter of fact I'm definitely overdoing it a bit. But only one of them actually operates actively in my mind and that's the Australian one because this is where I live and have lived for most of my life. There are some advantages to having been born in one country and then lived most of my life in another, I manage to - I think - keep a bit of perspective. I love this country but I see her faults, I cringe when I hear some flag-wearing boofhead saying this is the greatest country in the world. We are far from that, far from it. We have a huge xenophobic streak in our society which we manage to keep hidden until an event such as a few wooden boats being picked up in the waters to our north containing asylum-seekers starts us off on a collective bout of publicly expressed xenophobia.

Sorry for going off topic but some things just give me the shits and xenophobia is one of them.

I'm not taking issue with your points Si, I was more spinning off them to another topic.

Last edited:

I personally think a pewter beer stein is a better weapon than a glass.

The handle makes it perfect for repeated strikes. And you can gouge an eye out with the thumb lever

413y0rk1htl_ss500_.jpg
As an ex Liverpool Doorman, that thumb lever would cause a nice groove, as I inserted it in the my opponent arse.:eusa_angel:

Watch ,... soon the US will ban alcohol ... again ... because it's "dangerous to your health" ... they're almost done with tobacco.

Forum List

Back