Uk gay men all time high HIV infection rates

AIDS only comes from two sources:

Ronald Reagan Tax Cuts.
Religious Missionaries if Africa.

The idea that AIDS was made in a Gov't Laboratory and released to the general public is a Conspiracy Theory and should be dismissed.

The left has no problem persecuting smokers for their own good. Why not do that with other groups who live unhealthy lifestyles? Or is it better to deny reality and have a politically correct feel good moment?

So you are prepared to demonize gay people but what about straight people who engage in one night stands?

So you are prepared to demonize gay people but what about straight people who engage in one night stands?

How am I demonizing? I'm presenting you FACT. Or is the NHS and the BBC lying about the statistics?

When straight couples behaving irresponsibly have a disease epidemic that is entirely preventable yet has a health campaign that takes so much money, and away from other diseases that are not completely preventable, I think people will have more problems with irresponsible straight behavior.

I'm curious how you sleep at night knowing some kid is dying in Africa because there's no funding for malaria because it's being spent on HIV, and entirely preventable illness, whereas malaria isn't.

How am I demonizing? I'm presenting you FACT. Or is the NHS and the BBC lying about the statistics?

When straight couples behaving irresponsibly have a disease epidemic that is entirely preventable yet has a health campaign that takes so much money, and away from other diseases that are not completely preventable, I think people will have more problems with irresponsible straight behavior.

I'm curious how you sleep at night knowing some kid is dying in Africa because there's no funding for malaria because it's being spent on HIV, and entirely preventable illness, whereas malaria isn't.

Did you even bother to read your own article?

Nearly half of the 6,280 people diagnosed last year were men who had sex with other men (MSM).

That means a greater percentage of people contracted HIV NOT by men having sex with men, which means a greater percentage of people who contracted HIV were more than likely straight.

So before you lay the entire blame for HIV transmission on the gay community, remember there are many ways to contract HIV by straight people as well.

Men have a greater chance of getting HIV than women, we should start making laws against men in general.

Did you even bother to read your own article?

Nearly half of the 6,280 people diagnosed last year were men who had sex with other men (MSM).

That means a greater percentage of people contracted HIV NOT by men having sex with men, which means a greater percentage of people who contracted HIV were more than likely straight.

So before you lay the entire blame for HIV transmission on the gay community, remember there are many ways to contract HIV by straight people as well.

Okay, let's presume for a moment your incorrect belief is valid. Which of course it isn't given a lot of HIV infections comes from other irresponsible behavior such as needle sharing. Given that gay men are what, 2-3 % of the population, yet account for 50% of the HIV infections, um, don't you see an issue there? Or perhaps being politically correct any denying reality will help lower the infection rates?

Better for people to get fatal illnesses than offend someone's wittle feewings!

Some World AIDS Day news...
:confused:
HIV/AIDS Afflicts Migrants Living in Wealthy Countries
December 01, 2012 — The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is calling on governments to provide migrants with preventive care and treatment for HIV/AIDS. To mark this year's World AIDS Day, IOM is focusing on the plight of migrants who, it says, are disproportionately affected by HIV and AIDS in high-income countries.
This year's UNAIDS report on the global AIDS epidemic finds a sharp decline in HIV infections in low- and middle-income countries. For the first time in the history of AIDS, the report indicates that an end to the epidemic may be in sight. But while the number of HIV infections is going down in the traditionally poor, less developed countries, it is rising in many of the more affluent nations. Data shows the total number of people living with HIV has increased in the last 10 years in high-income countries in North America and Europe. The International Organization for Migration says migrants are particularly badly affected by AIDS in high-income countries.

IOM spokesman Chris Lom says this is widely overlooked. "Migrants and mobile populations, as you know, are at particularly high risk all over the world primarily because they face marginalization, exclusion and various barriers to accessing health promotion and health care, which indigenous people do not experience," said Lom. UNAIDS reports 45 countries, territories and areas impose some form of restriction on the entry of people living with HIV. It says these discriminatory policies are not effective and do not protect public health. IOM says there is a lack of awareness of migrants' vulnerability to HIV in high-income countries and this is reflected in the statistics.

In Canada, for example, it says the estimated infection rate of migrants from HIV-endemic countries is 8.5 times higher than among other Canadians. And a study in the United States between 2007 and 2010 shows the foreign-born population represents 13 percent of the total population, but more than 16 percent of new infections. IOM says in the European Union, over one-third of all HIV infections acquired through heterosexual transmission are among people who migrated to the region from a country with a generalized HIV epidemic.

IOM's Chris Lom says the highest incidence of HIV in the U.S., Canada and Europe is among people who come from Africa and the Caribbean, which are described as HIV-endemic countries. "The background to this is partly because of irregular migration," Lom added. "But, it is primarily because of lack information. People not knowing their HIV status. In addition, there are aspects, which include people tending to be diagnosed with the disease far later than people in high-income countries."

MORE

See also:

Results Mixed in Sub-Saharan Africa's Fight Against AIDS
December 01, 2012 : As nations mark World AIDS Day today, the head of a group that provides funding and support to community-based organizations in Africa says the progress in fighting AIDS in hard-hit Sub-Saharan Africa has been "extraordinary" but the challenges that remain are "deep and wide."
Stephen Lewis Foundation executive director Ilana Landsberg-Lewis says grassroots organizations in sub-Saharan Africa have become more sophisticated in devising ways to help those affected. "The community-based organizations are tremendously effective, whether it's working with women who are, of course, the most infected and affected, but also at the heart of the response to AIDS in communities, or grandmothers looking after orphaned grandchildren, or whether its working with the orphaned kids or whether its working with organizations of people living with HIV and AIDS," said Lewis.

In a VOA interview Friday, Lewis said problems include a lingering stigma about AIDS in the region and inadequate funding for treatment. "In many communities that don't have access to drugs, or adequate nutrition, or support, the death spiral continues," Lewis added. "There is no question that what one does, what the world does, with over 14 million children orphaned by AIDS is a huge challenge and that continues to be problematic."

In its World AIDS Day report, the joint United Nations program on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) said there has been a 50-percent reduction in the rate of new HIV infections in 25 "low to middle income countries," more than half in Africa. UNAIDS says of the 34 million people worldwide with HIV in 2011, Sub-Saharan Africa was the most affected region, with nearly one in every 20 adults living with the virus.

The group, however, says AIDS-related deaths in the region have dropped by one-third over the past six years and an increased number of people are receiving antiretroviral treatment. UNAIDS says some countries which have had the highest HIV prevalence in the world have dramatically cut the rates of new HIV infections since 2001. It says the rate is down by 73 percent in Malawi, 71 percent in Botswana and 68 percent in Namibia. In its 2012 report, UNAIDS also reports significant reductions in Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa and Swaziland.

Source

Forum List

Back