Uh oh, it's looking like Build That Wall is hitting a few snags

The VOR

Gold Member
May 8, 2011
Hill Republicans revolt over Trump's border wall - CNNPolitics.com

I know. I know. Fake news site, but stilll...

[[ A growing number of congressional Republicans are objecting to the cost and viability of a proposal that was a rallying cry for the billionaire businessman during his insurgent campaign. Interviews with more than a dozen GOP lawmakers across the ideological spectrum suggest Trump could have a difficult time getting funding for his plan approved by Congress. ]]

[[ "If you're going to spend that kind of money, you're going to have to show me where you're going to get that money," said Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski, a key swing vote who has already broken with Trump over his nominee for secretary of education.
"I don't see how you can get a bill like that through (Congress) without offsets," she added. "I don't see how that's possible." ]]

[[ "I have concerns about spending un-offset money, which adds to the debt, period," Cornyn said bluntly when asked about the wall. "I don't think we're just going to be able to solve border security with a physical barrier because people can come under, around it and through it." ]]

Clearly, Cornyn is suffering from a severe case of uncommon sense.

BUILD THAT WALL!!!
LOCK HER UP!!!
REPEAL and REPLACE!!!
BAN ALL MUSLIMS!!!

We just gave Iran 150 Billion dollars, how much will the wall cost?

The wall will be built, just relax. I want to purchase a brick for the wall with my name engraved in it, then force Mexico to reimburse me :badgrin:

[[ A growing number of congressional Republicans are objecting to the cost and viability of a proposal that was a rallying cry for the billionaire businessman during his insurgent campaign. Interviews with more than a dozen GOP lawmakers across the ideological spectrum suggest Trump could have a difficult time getting funding for his plan approved by Congress. ]]

[[ "If you're going to spend that kind of money, you're going to have to show me where you're going to get that money," said Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski, a key swing vote who has already broken with Trump over his nominee for secretary of education.
"I don't see how you can get a bill like that through (Congress) without offsets," she added. "I don't see how that's possible." ]]

[[ "I have concerns about spending un-offset money, which adds to the debt, period," Cornyn said bluntly when asked about the wall. "I don't think we're just going to be able to solve border security with a physical barrier because people can come under, around it and through it." ]]

BUILD THAT WALL!!!
LOCK HER UP!!!
REPEAL and REPLACE!!!
BAN ALL MUSLIMS!!!

This is just one out of many of the Trump executive orders for his Presidential T.V. reality show. The WALL executive order.

I repeatedly told you so:--Congress is not going to appropriate Taxpayer dollars for a WALL. They hold the purse strings in this country, and they would have had to vote and approve of the wall first. There is a reason they're not throwing money at a WORTHLESS wall.

800x450

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-border-tu
nnels-20150501-htmlstory.html

If Walls & Fences worked there wouldn't be any illegals in this country today.
Something they can SEE--can and will always be compromised.

The only way to keep illegals out of this country is to install high tech motion detectors, more border patrol stations and employ more border patrol.

Last edited:
Why don't we all just admit it:

BUILDING A WALL ACROSS THE MEXICAN BORDER IS ONE OF THE STUPIDEST IDEAS EVER!

At best, it will not stop a significant amount of illegal immigrants. People will use ladders and grappling hooks to get over it. They will dig tunnels under it.

Most illegal immigrants come here via airplane anyway. Many come by boat.

This wall would have to be almost 2000 miles long over some of the roughest terrain in the country. It would be physically nearly impossible to build.

If they try to build it it will be nothing but:

A $15 billion monument to stupidity!

At best, it will not stop a significant amount of illegal immigrants. People will use ladders and grappling hooks to get over it. They will dig tunnels under it.

This wall would have to be almost 2000 miles long over some of the roughest terrain in the country. It would be physically nearly impossible to build.

Let me score your post, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, holy shit wrong, wrong, lie, wrong, wrong. Well there you have it, plenty of room for improvement. :laugh:

Let me score your post, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, holy shit wrong, wrong, lie, wrong, wrong. Well there you have it, plenty of room for improvement. :laugh:

Like your opinion matters worth a damn. :gives:

They'd probably have to hire thousands of illegal immigrants to build it!

BUILD THAT WALL!!!
LOCK HER UP!!!
REPEAL and REPLACE!!!
BAN ALL MUSLIMS!!!
They can kiss my ass!

They do know we can look up bills they're
sponsering, co sponsering and sponsored...no

THEY ARE ALWAYS WASTING MONEY
WHICH HAS BEEN ADDING TO THE DEBT!

GO LOOK AT THE SHIT THEY FUND!

Forum List

Back