Uh oh, a student and hero from Parkland shooting, NOT blaming NRA.

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Florida school shooting hero blames sheriff, superintendent - news - att.net

PLANTATION, Fla. (AP) — A student gravely wounded while saving his classmates' lives by blocking a door during the Florida school massacre said Friday that the county sheriff and school superintendent failed the victims by not arresting the shooter before the attack and by allowing him to attend the school.

An attorney for 15-year-old Anthony Borges read a statement from him during a news conference criticizing Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel and Superintendent Robert Runcie for the Feb. 14 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland that killed 14 students and three staff members.

Borges was shot five times, suffering wounds to the lungs, abdomen and legs. He was released from a Fort Lauderdale hospital Wednesday morning, the last of the 17 wounded to go home.

------------------------------

Oh man, someone needs to get this kid the commie script to perpetuate the commie agenda.

Then again, they will deal with him simply by ignoring him.

Pathetic left wing losers.

The vast majority of Americans who are interested in more stringent gun controls are not 'commies'...

Nor is that vast majority looking to 'grab guns'...

Rather, they seek to require the same measure of accountability of gun owners as is required of the operators of automobiles...

You know... vetting... licensing... registration... mandatory training... transaction approvals... tracking... periodic renewals, etc.

And... given that we've reached a Tipping Point in what the American People at large are willing to tolerate with regard to the status quo...

It's a good bet that Gun Control folks are gonna change things, the next time the Oval Office and the House and the Senate flip...

Which... given the way the Trump Administration is deteriorating... may be sooner rather than later... but inevitable, in any event...

Gun Rights advaocates really need to begin assessing future prospects and seeking a Middle Ground while they still have options and time.

Tick... tick... tick...

Last edited:

PLANTATION, Fla. (AP) — A student gravely wounded while saving his classmates' lives by blocking a door during the Florida school massacre said Friday that the county sheriff and school superintendent failed the victims by not arresting the shooter before the attack and by allowing him to attend the school.

An attorney for 15-year-old Anthony Borges read a statement from him during a news conference criticizing Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel and Superintendent Robert Runcie for the Feb. 14 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland that killed 14 students and three staff members.

Borges was shot five times, suffering wounds to the lungs, abdomen and legs. He was released from a Fort Lauderdale hospital Wednesday morning, the last of the 17 wounded to go home.

Oh man, someone needs to get this kid the commie script to perpetuate the commie agenda.

Off to the re-education camp for this one!
:whip:

The vast majority of Americans who are interested in more stringent gun controls are not 'commies'...

Rather, they seek to require the same measure of accountability of gun owners as is required of the operators of automobiles...

You know... vetting... licensing... registration... mandatory training... transaction approvals... tracking... periodic renewals, etc.

And... given that we've reached a Tipping Point in what the American People at large are willing to tolerate with regard to the status quo...

It's a good bet that Gun Control folks are gonna change things, the next time the Oval Office and the House and the Senate flip...

Which... given the way the Trump Administration is deteriorating... may be sooner rather than later... but inevitable, in any event...

Gun Rights advaocates really need to begin assessing future prospects and seeking a Middle Ground while they still have options and time.

Tick... tick... tick...
Your bullshit does not work on me. Tell it to someone without a brain.

Tick... tick... tick...

So you want to burden law abiding citizens with a laundry list of bureaucratic bullshit that you can't legally impose on criminals? FOAD

Tick... tick... tick...

So, you want to make it impossible for non criminals (other than the wealthy elite of course, who can afford to jump through all of those hoops) to own guns. Why do you like criminals so much?

Tick... tick... tick...

So, you want to make it impossible for non criminals (other than the wealthy elite of course, who can afford to jump through all of those hoops) to own guns. Why do you like criminals so much?
He doesnt, he just maks America and the free market that much.

You Lie! He did not say the NRA or Guns were not to blame. The NRA refused to disarm crazies!

You Lie! He did not say the NRA or Guns were not to blame. The NRA refused to disarm crazies!

No, it is you who are lying. And poorly at that.

Sheriff slams NRA's Dana Loesch, calls for ban on automatic rifles after Florida school shooting
Sheriff slams NRA rep, calls for ban on assault rifles

[ ...So, you want to make it impossible for non criminals (other than the wealthy elite of course, who can afford to jump through all of those hoops) to own guns. Why do you like criminals so much?
Incorrect.

We (The People) require you to be licensed and registered and trained and insured and to undertake periodic renewals in order to operate a vehicle.

Imposing similar responsibilities upon the operators of lethal firearms still makes universal and reasonable provision for every citizen to own firearms.

[ ...So, you want to make it impossible for non criminals (other than the wealthy elite of course, who can afford to jump through all of those hoops) to own guns. Why do you like criminals so much?
Incorrect.

We (The People) require you to be licensed and registered and trained and insured and to undertake periodic renewals in order to operate a vehicle.

Imposing similar responsibilities upon the operators of lethal firearms still makes universal and reasonable provision for every citizen to own firearms.

Yes, and you can raise to cost to such a high level that no legitimate person can afford to own them. Take a look at CA. Who has concealed weapons permits in that State? The wealthy elite, that's who. No one else can even get the forms to fill out to obtain that permit. You are hoist on your own petard.

Tick... tick... tick...

I don't believe you perceive public perception correctly.

I could be wrong, but It seems like your opinion or perception as it is, has been manipulated by media.

I see the DNC loosing more seats. Not gaining any. Every time they try running on anti-gun sentiment they lose. If Sandy Hook wasn't enough to make people demand "more control" and vote for democrook sociopaths, nothing will be.

I also do not believe anyone who voted for Trump is disapointed in his job.

I didn't vote for him, but I fully intend to support his re-election in 2020 and will volunteer to assist in that effort. He has exceeded the expectations I had for the guy I did support.

Incorrect.

Yes, and you can raise to cost to such a high level that no legitimate person can afford to own them. Take a look at CA. Who has concealed weapons permits in that State? The wealthy elite, that's who. No one else can even get the forms to fill out to obtain that permit. You are hoist on your own petard.
Then shift to Federal -level licensing and registration and ensure that associated costs are no greater than the average driver experiences in order to drive.

Objection overruled.

...I don't believe you perceive public perception correctly...

We will know more about that as the next election cycles unfold.

I could be wrong, but It seems like your opinion or perception as it is, has been manipulated by media...

I have held my opinions about licensing and registration and related since the early 1980s, long before our media became so polarized.

...I see the DNC loosing more seats. Not gaining any...
Could be...could be... but American political history teaches us that these things come-and-go in undulating waves and cycles.

Neither party remains in power more than two, three or four Presidential terms nowadays... just look at Presidential election results since Truman's time.

...Every time they try running on anti-gun sentiment they lose...
Ahhhh... but eventually even THOSE retards learn from their mistakes... and will ultimately campaign on a platform of licensing, registration, etc., rather than a ban.

...If Sandy Hook wasn't enough to make people demand "more control" and vote for democrook sociopaths, nothing will be...
One would think, right? Then again, folks were shell-shocked over that one... after Parkland... and the example of the Kids... now they're just pissed.

...I also do not believe anyone who voted for Trump is disapointed in his job...
I'm not sure that's accurate, but we'll know soon enough, won't we?

I didn't vote for him, but I fully intend to support his re-election in 2020 and will volunteer to assist in that effort. He has exceeded the expectations I had for the guy I did support.

Your choice, albeit irrelevant to the main point at-hand.

What DOES signify is that the fortunes of both parties rise and fall like sea-tides, and the NEXT time the Democrats take power, Gun Control is likely to materialize.

I am more in-favor of the Second Amendment than my postings here might indicate... I'm in favor of recognizing Political Realities and adapting while there is still time.

I could be wrong, but It seems like your opinion or perception as it is, has been manipulated by media...
I have held my opinions about licensing and registration and related since the early 1980s, long before our media became so polarized.

Could be...could be... but American political history teaches us that these things come-and-go in undulating waves and cycles.

Neither party remains in power more than two, three or four Presidential terms nowadays... just look at Presidential election results since Truman's time.

Ahhhh... but eventually even THOSE retards learn from their mistakes... and will ultimately campaign on a platform of licensing, registration, etc., rather than a ban.

...If Sandy Hook wasn't enough to make people demand "more control" and vote for democrook sociopaths, nothing will be...
One would think, right? Then again, folks were shell-shocked over that one... after Parkland... and the example of the Kids... now they're just pissed.

...I also do not believe anyone who voted for Trump is disapointed in his job...

What DOES signify is that the fortunes of both parties rise and fall like sea-tides, and the NEXT time the Democrats take power, Gun Control is likely to materialize.

I am more in-favor of the Second Amendment than my postings here might indicate... I'm in favor of recognizing Political Realities and adapting while there is still time.

I do absolutely agree that when the democrooks regain power they will endeavor to undermine the 2A.

I do believe that will happen sooner rather than later if the republicrats continue to shit in their own shoes by obstructing border security and fiscal discipline.

So, yeah...

We will know in November I reckon.

Have any of you nutters asked what crime he should have been arrested for?

From the article:
Deputies received at least a dozen calls about Cruz, 19, over the years and he spent two years in a school for children with emotional and disciplinary problems before being allowed to transfer to Stoneman Douglas. Last year, records show, he was forced to leave after incidents — other students said he abused an ex-girlfriend and fought her new boyfriend. Weeks before the shooting, both the FBI and the sheriff's office received calls saying Cruz could become a school shooter but took no action.
"I want all of us to move forward to end the environment that allowed people like Nikolas Cruz to fall through the cracks. You knew he was a problem years ago and you did nothing. He should have never been in school with us."

So, EXACTLY what crime should he have jailed for? EXACTLY. Please be precise.

Ask yourselves, do you really want thought police?

I do absolutely agree that when the democrooks regain power they will endeavor to undermine the 2A.

I do believe that will happen sooner rather than later if the republicrats continue to shit in their own shoes by obstructing border security and fiscal discipline.

So, yeah...

We will know in November I reckon.

Have you read this thread? Read the OP?

Its all about how we should gut the constitution.

OTOH, in many of trumps kkk rallies, the crowd is chanting they want to gut the constitution so I shouldn't expect any better from you.

No, it is you who are lying. And poorly at that.

Sheriff slams NRA's Dana Loesch, calls for ban on automatic rifles after Florida school shooting
Sheriff slams NRA rep, calls for ban on assault rifles
More proof you are detached from reality! 15-year-old shooting victim Anthony Borges blames sheriff, but he did not say he does not also blame the NRA for pushing for crazies to have guns!

It's funny how you Trumptards glorify the illegals family getting free education & healthcare! Why are they not already deported???

Last edited:
Incorrect.

Odd, I know people in CA who are not the wealthy elite who have CC permits in CA and renew them with limited hoops to jump thru. One friend, retired school lunch supervisor, just got hers renewed....not exactly the wealthy elite.

Forum List

Back