ugh, what can we do about brainwashed college aged libs? in all honesty.

If this board were a microcosom of our political landscape, one would have to be blind to believe that the conservatives are far more intelligent than those they incorrectly describe as leftists.

Happily this board doesn't represent the political landscape of this nation.

The anti-academic/anti-intellectual venom of this board's self proclaiming rightists in no way represents the attitude of REAL conservatives.

Some of the rightists (some certainly not all) on this board are dumber than a box of rocks. And it is precisely those idiots who are here whining about colleges.

Somebody's son got thrown of our classes?

I don't doubt it.

What I doubt is that we got the entire story about why they got tossed.

For disagreeing with a professor?

that I doubt.

For being a disagreeable moron, much like we so often witness here?

That I'd certainly believe.

Some girl was spouting crap about how glenn beck sucks because he spreads conspiracy theories like fema camps and she heard it from a professor. Being college aged myself, I can't stand liberal professors (ill live with em though -.-) but it's like...what gives these people the right to spout straight up lies in attempt to brainwash the youth into believing falsehoods? I don't understand why the youth can't do their own research and formulate their own opinions. They just go by what they are told by others...I mean, a simple search will show that glenn beck had a whole show dedicated to debunking crazy conspiracy theories AND EVEN DEBUNKED FEMA CAMPS...

I can't reason with these people...all I can do is pray they are in the minority.

Maybe the problem is that Glenn Beck is a MORON and YOU are the only one in the dark?

As far as liberal professors...America is the land of opportunity, it's not liberals' fault that right wing pea brains can't cut it academia... but hey, the country needs someone to drill holes in wood..........after being instructed by a liberal, a LOT less blood that way...LOL

My story is not bullshit. You are right. I was not there. But here's something to contemplate. At a CATHOLIC university, it is highly hypocritical to endorse, support, advocate, etc. the policies of pro-choice candidates. My son is vehemently pro-life. The debates got heated. Maybe the professor is a dick, or maybe he cannot answer for the Catholic church. Unwinnable debate. End of story.

Some girl was spouting crap about how glenn beck sucks because he spreads conspiracy theories like fema camps and she heard it from a professor. Being college aged myself, I can't stand liberal professors (ill live with em though -.-) but it's like...what gives these people the right to spout straight up lies in attempt to brainwash the youth into believing falsehoods? I don't understand why the youth can't do their own research and formulate their own opinions. They just go by what they are told by others...I mean, a simple search will show that glenn beck had a whole show dedicated to debunking crazy conspiracy theories AND EVEN DEBUNKED FEMA CAMPS...

I can't reason with these people...all I can do is pray they are in the minority.

Well the problem you're suffering here, is that you're trying to apply reason to an unreasonable situation.

Leftists ARE Leftists because they lack the intellectual means to reason. Which is to say, that if they possessed the means to reason, they wouldn't be leftists... Thus trying to reason with one; believing that you can actually reason with a Leftist, will generate the same amount of frustration as believeing that you can actually teach origami to a jack-hammer; you can try, but you won't impress that jack-hammer; nor will you advance sound reason.

It is ALWAYS a mistake to try and convince a Leftist of anything; the intellectual means of the common Leftist is 10,000 miles wide... and just about as deep as their shadow. As PC noted above; the young one's have the potential to outgrow it; but the old Leftists... aren't worth the food it takes to sustain them; they're counter productive to the species on the whole and are to be ostricized and shoved WAY back in the cultural closet; out of site and where they can't infect others with the virulent intellectual disorder.

As a general rule, I prefer to simply berate and belittle their sorry asses; laugh at 'em... they're fools and they deserve absolutely NOTHING but ridicule...

You know, brother, that we are mostly on the same page, but here we need a modifier.

"Leftists ARE Leftists because they lack the intellectual means to reason."

There are thinking leftists. In fact, there are a number of varieties of leftists. It would be a mistake to paint the left with too broad a brush, so let me make clear that the left of which I speak has nothing to do with genuine liberals, such as Harry Truman, and Walter Reuether, and other Democrats who opposed totalitarianism.

It is the hard left, the radical left, and those who have succumbed to the siren song of these groups, either through ignorance or agreement. The left of today aligns more with tyranny in the Marxist belief that utopia will only be achieved through the destruction of democracy.

There are many, many more who you and I would consider leftists, but are so because they have been at the mercy of public school 'teachers,' and college and university professors, or have found it easier to nod and agree rather than do the reading and research necessary to resist.

We must give the other side of the argument, and do it without the venom- which is, after all, the province of the left- and hope that while they still mouth the bumper stickers and sound bytes, they do the right thing in the privacy of the voting booth.

Look at the testimony of Maple, and have faith.

You're right about the hard left, the radical left...just ONE problem PC...they are now in the Republican PARTY...

The "commies", the Marxists and Trotskyists...are ALL in the GOP...

Ronbo Reagan welcomed them into OUR government ...The NEOCONS

neocon_banner2.jpg

irvKristol.jpg

Irving Kristol

Widely referred to as the "godfather" of neoconservatism, Mr. Kristol was part of the "New York Intellectuals," a group of critics mainly of Eastern European Jewish descent. In the late 1930s, he studied at City College of New York where he became a Trotskyist. From 1947 to 1952, he was the managing editor of Commentary magazine, later called the "neocon bible."

By the late 1960s, Kristol had shifted from left to right on the political spectrum, due partly to what he considered excesses and anti-Americanism among liberals. Kristol built the intellectual framework of neoconservatism, founding and editing journals such as The Public Interest and The National Interest.

Kristol is a fellow at the American Enterprise Institute and author of numerous books, including "Neoconservatism: The Autobiography of an Idea." He is the father of Weekly Standard editor and oft-quoted neoconservative William Kristol.

Key figures
keyFigures.gif

US News / Special: Empire Builders | Christian Science Monitor

This is a very interesting organization who pays close attention to potential jihad studies.

About Campus Watch

The University of Delaware subjects students in its residence halls to a shocking program of ideological reeducation that is referred to in the university’s own materials as a “treatment” for students’ incorrect attitudes and beliefs. The Orwellian program requires the approximately 7,000 students in Delaware’s residence halls to adopt highly specific university-approved views on issues ranging from politics to race, sexuality, sociology, moral philosophy, and environmentalism. The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) is calling for the total dismantling of the program, which is a flagrant violation of students’ rights to freedom of conscience and freedom from compelled speech.University of Delaware Requires Students to Undergo Ideological Reeducation - FIRE

These kids fought back. One was a friend of my son's.

Maybe YOU need to pay close attention to WHO you listen to, unless you're a neoconservative whose first alliance is to Israel and you believe in Leon Trotsky's "permanent revolution" ...

Campus Watch is a website which "reviews and critiques Middle East studies in North America with an aim to improving them." It is a project of the Middle East Forum, think tank. It is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S. and was founded in 2002 by Daniel Pipes.

Daniel Pipes - neocon

“I’m sometimes asked who I would vote for if I were enfranchised in this election, and I think that, with due hesitance, I would vote for Ahmadinejad.”
Daniel Pipes

Right wing conservative media controls a great many minds today, so whenever anyone mentions liberal professors I hope they do have some impact on thinking.

Glenn Beck is awful, he's another useless person, similar to Limbaugh or Coulter who make money feeding morons hate speech. Does anyone ask what these people accomplish? None serve the nation in any positive way.

Right wing think tanks buy and distribute their books because they support corporate fascism and simple minded wingnuts repeat the party line. Amazing the power conservative media has over youth today.

The Conservative Nanny State
What Is Conservatism and What Is Wrong with It?

So, is this just a general rant, or more of the same typical conservative "higher education is the devil" bullshit?

The last time I checked, you had to go to college to go to Law School, Medical School, Business School, or be an engineer.

I don't lend any credence to someone's brilliance based on what they say on an internet message board, but when I start to see letters behind someone's name, I figure they probably have some intelligence to spread around.

So, is this just a general rant, or more of the same typical conservative "higher education is the devil" bullshit?

The last time I checked, you had to go to college to go to Law School, Medical School, Business School, or be an engineer.

I don't lend any credence to someone's brilliance based on what they say on an internet message board, but when I start to see letters behind someone's name, I figure they probably have some intelligence to spread around.

All it's about is a "conservative" (yeah, exactly - with bunny rabbit ears) circle-jerk about how under-appreciated the dumbfucks feel. The springboard? Some teenage fuck-face's post about being Beck's ass licker and other students calling him/her out on it (which turns them into evil/stupid lefties)...

Totally agree with ya, btw.

Yes, and if you want to remain in school and graduate, you must listen to the professors' liberal political rants and keep your fucking mouth shut.

All it's about is a "conservative" (yeah, exactly - with bunny rabbit ears) circle-jerk about how under-appreciated the dumbfucks feel. The springboard? Some teenage fuck-face's post about being Beck's ass licker and other students calling him/her out on it (which turns them into evil/stupid lefties)...

I can't rep you again for using my favorite perjorative ("fuck-face"), so you'll have to settle with a "thanks".

I am really amazed at the American conservatives continued demonification of higher education. The more they set themselves outside of it, the more they relegate themselves to permanent underclass status. Few people can make a healthy living like Beck, Limbaugh, and Hannity (all college drop outs) running their mouths about the evils of liberal academia.

Mostly I am curious. I spent seven years in undergrad land (eight getting a business degree and three doing pre-med requirements) and never saw this liberal bias.

On the other hand, I spent four years in the Army, a fairly conservative organization, and didn't see much of a conservative bias either.

True professionals don't let their personal opinions get in the way of their professional work, regardless of the endeavor.

I agree with you, I think it becomes a self fullfilling prophacy where the natural tendency of academia to challenge a person's norms turns into an insidious liberal brain-washing conspiracy because that is how absurd the political debate has turned into our country.

Yes, and if you want to remain in school and graduate, you must listen to the professors' liberal political rants and keep your fucking mouth shut.

Allie, the pic in your signature makes me feel a bit uncomfortable... Do you have some sort of armpit smelling fetish?

[/trolling]

:eusa_whistle:
Why assume that they're brainwashed? Perhaps they simply believe in their ideas as much as you believe in yours. Maybe some of them don't have all the facts on a given topic, but that's where I've found that simply opening up a dialogue goes a long way. Maybe you simply don't have all the facts on a given topic, and opening up that dialogue will give you a better understanding. If you don't agree with something somebody says then simply enter the discussion and challenge them, in a polite way of course. I've found that most political science professors are quite happy to find that their students are interested enough in a topic to hold a serious discussion about it, and I'd say that's probably true of a professor in any field.

stop being so rational and reasonable. people like Publius are so closed minded they actually believe the idiocy thy har shouted over talk radio :eusa_whistle:

I can't rep you again for using my favorite perjorative ("fuck-face"), so you'll have to settle with a "thanks".

I am really amazed at the American conservatives continued demonification of higher education. The more they set themselves outside of it, the more they relegate themselves to permanent underclass status. Few people can make a healthy living like Beck, Limbaugh, and Hannity (all college drop outs) running their mouths about the evils of liberal academia.

Mostly I am curious. I spent seven years in undergrad land (eight getting a business degree and three doing pre-med requirements) and never saw this liberal bias.

On the other hand, I spent four years in the Army, a fairly conservative organization, and didn't see much of a conservative bias either.

True professionals don't let their personal opinions get in the way of their professional work, regardless of the endeavor.

I agree with you, I think it becomes a self fullfilling prophacy where the natural tendency of academia to challenge a person's norms turns into an insidious liberal brain-washing conspiracy because that is how absurd the political debate has turned into our country.

Sounds to me like your mind is pretty much made up geauxto.

I'm not college educated though I consider myself curious about alot of things in life. My best friend has PHD, and thought I would take almost anything he says seriously, I would not trust him to use a tire jack.

I believe that a distinction between Conservatism and Statism goes back to Alexander Hamilton, on one side with his form of Federalism, which he used as a tool to construct his view of the empire, and James Madison with Thomas Jefferson on the other side of the equation believing in a different form of federalism, focusing on Inalienable Right, Government by the consent of the governed, and to guard against the threat of tyranny, enumerated powers, with expansion of power through constitutional amendment. Any idea how many times tyranny was refereed to in the federalist papers?

Hamilton believed that our voice as citizens was limited to whom we vote for on election day, and that our primary responsibility was to conform to the laws of the empire. He also believed that the end justified the means, no matter who got hurt.

Madison was principled and purpose driven, seeing a conflict with purpose for being and the construct of the federal mechanism to serve the purpose, actually valued the purpose over the structure and was inclined to bring the structure into compliance with it's reason for being. The blind cannot lead well.

As alien as this concept is today, inside and outside the beltway, it is necessary to better serve truth and justice.

This division between the statist, which may actually believe that government is the answer to everything, and the conservative that believes that Life, Liberty, and Property (John Locke), are the best defense against tyranny. Government by consent requires us to be informed, not spoon fed.

Choice V.S. Control

That said the left does dominate education, higher-education, and most of the media, with the exception of talk radio.

These two philosophies are opposed, and have divided us from the start.

Sounds to me like your mind is pretty much made up geauxto.

I'm not college educated though I consider myself curious about alot of things in life. My best friend has PHD, and thought I would take almost anything he says seriously, I would not trust him to use a tire jack.

I believe that a distinction between Conservatism and Statism goes back to Alexander Hamilton, on one side with his form of Federalism, which he used as a tool to construct his view of the empire, and James Madison with Thomas Jefferson on the other side of the equation believing in a different form of federalism, focusing on Inalienable Right, Government by the consent of the governed, and to guard against the threat of tyranny, enumerated powers, with expansion of power through constitutional amendment. Any idea how many times tyranny was refereed to in the federalist papers?

Hamilton believed that our voice as citizens was limited to whom we vote for on election day, and that our primary responsibility was to conform to the laws of the empire. He also believed that the end justified the means, no matter who got hurt.

Madison was principled and purpose driven, seeing a conflict with purpose for being and the construct of the federal mechanism to serve the purpose, actually valued the purpose over the structure and was inclined to bring the structure into compliance with it's reason for being. The blind cannot lead well.

As alien as this concept is today, inside and outside the beltway, it is necessary to better serve truth and justice.

This division between the statist, which may actually believe that government is the answer to everything, and the conservative that believes that Life, Liberty, and Property (John Locke), are the best defense against tyranny. Government by consent requires us to be informed, not spoon fed.

Choice V.S. Control

That said the left does dominate education, higher-education, and most of the media, with the exception of talk radio.

These two philosophies are opposed, and have divided us from the start.

First of all, to clarify, I don't think you have to have a college education to be intelligent, successful, decent, or any of the other niceties of pleasant society. I grew up on a farm, and some of the smartest people I have ever known barely (if even) finished high school.

However, it's statistical fact that earning potential correlates with years of education. That was my point.

For the point on hand, I've never bought that college is a liberal conspiracy. I wonder how many parent inadvertantly prejudice their kids from striving for a higher education due to their (or some radio host, who probably didn't finish college) rants about something that is over stated.

For the larger point, I reject the term "liberal" and "conservative" as they are applied today in contex of history.

LOL at some of the comments on this thread!

You people don't think young people can think for themselves? I went to one of the most liberal colleges in the Midwest, and never had a professor "tell me how to think" politically.

Do you not trust your children to think for themselves? Do you not trust them to hear both sides of an argument and make their own decisions? Or do you just want them to "toe the line" and think exactly like mommy and daddy do, or else? Isn't that a bit closed minded too?

:eusa_whistle:
Why assume that they're brainwashed? Perhaps they simply believe in their ideas as much as you believe in yours. Maybe some of them don't have all the facts on a given topic, but that's where I've found that simply opening up a dialogue goes a long way. Maybe you simply don't have all the facts on a given topic, and opening up that dialogue will give you a better understanding. If you don't agree with something somebody says then simply enter the discussion and challenge them, in a polite way of course. I've found that most political science professors are quite happy to find that their students are interested enough in a topic to hold a serious discussion about it, and I'd say that's probably true of a professor in any field.

stop being so rational and reasonable. people like Publius are so closed minded they actually believe the idiocy thy har shouted over talk radio :eusa_whistle:

They're brainwashed when they are expelled from class, ridiculed in class and given bad grades if they dare to speak out against the professor's POLITICAL or RELIGIOUS beliefs.

That's pretty much the definition of brainwashing.

They're brainwashed when they are expelled from class, ridiculed in class and given bad grades if they dare to speak out against the professor's POLITICAL or RELIGIOUS beliefs.

That's pretty much the definition of brainwashing.

The problem is, though oft cited, proof of such occurances tend to be isolated events that have been addressed by the administration, urban myths that rely entirely on anecdotal evidence, or misrepresentations.

I agree that students shouldn't be punished for expressing their political beliefs (not sure religious belief belongs in the classroom).

Forum List

Back