Dan Rather wants Obama Media Czar

Aug 2, 2009
Northern, CALIFORNIA
Dan Rather wants Obama to help save the news

by Andrew Travers, Aspen Daily News Staff Writer
Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Former CBS News anchor Dan Rather called on President Barack Obama to form a White House commission to help save the press Tuesday night in an impassioned speech at the Aspen Institute.

“I personally encourage the president to establish a White House commission on public media,” the legendary newsman said.

Such a commission on media reform, Rather said, ought to make recommendations on saving journalism jobs and creating new business models to keep news organizations alive.

At stake, he argued, is the very survival of American democracy.

“A truly free and independent press is the red beating heart of democracy and freedom,” Rather said in an interview yesterday afternoon. “This is not something just for journalists to be concerned about, and the loss of jobs and the loss of newspapers, and the diminution of the American press’ traditional role of being the watchdog on power. This is something every citizen should be concerned about.”

I guess we need a Media Czar now Danny boy? Huh you leftist puke? After all, We gotta make sure that the right kind of News is being reported. I wish this hasbeen dunce in an empty suit would just shut his mouth and go away. Dan Blather is fraud and an ass. I can't stand the guy. Everytime he opens his mouth he makes a fool of himself. I am sure he is just The Madman Obama's kind of guy though. ~BH

Forum List

Back