Ufc 89

Stoner

Herbologist
Aug 16, 2008
Euphoria
Here's the lineup. This one is free, boys and girls.

Main Event - Michael Bisbing vs Chris Leben

Keith Jardine Vs. Brandon Vera

Rameau Sokoudjou Vs. Luiz Cane

Paul Taylor Vs. Chris Lytle

Paul Kelly Vs. Marcus Davis

Shane Carwin Vs. Neil Wain

Dan Hardy Vs. Akihiro Gono

Jess Liaudin Vs. David Bielkheden

Sam Stout Vs. Terry Etim

David Baron Vs. Jim Miller

Per Eklund Vs. Samy Schiavo

I hate Chris Leben. I think he sucks. Bisbing should mop him up. That said, I'm still pissed at the judges from the Bisbing/Hammil fight. No way Bisbing won that. Hammil took him.

Jardine and Vera looks like it could be the fight of the evening. Jardine is a bad man. I want to see Vera fight at the light heavy. See how he does.

The Kane/Sokoudjou fight could be interesting. Sokoudjou is a nasty striker. Kane should be able to take him on the ground.

Haven't seen Chris Lytle fight in a while. Think I missed his last fight. I am interested to see Akihiro Gono fight. He's pretty much all stand up but he can throw.

Not too bad for a free event.

One week away. I think they could have found Bisbing a tad more quality opponent than Chris Leben. Did anyone see Anderson Silva beat Leben like a drum? Leben sucks. Bisbing will blow through this fight.

The Dean of Mean vs the Truth should be a great one. Glad to see Vera down to light heavy. It's where he belongs.

Here's the lineup. This one is free, boys and girls.

Main Event - Michael Bisbing vs Chris Leben

Keith Jardine Vs. Brandon Vera

Paul Kelly Vs. Marcus Davis

Shane Carwin Vs. Neil Wain

Dan Hardy Vs. Akihiro Gono

Jess Liaudin Vs. David Bielkheden

Sam Stout Vs. Terry Etim

David Baron Vs. Jim Miller

Per Eklund Vs. Samy Schiavo

I hate Chris Leben. I think he sucks. Bisbing should mop him up. That said, I'm still pissed at the judges from the Bisbing/Hammil fight. No way Bisbing won that. Hammil took him.

Jardine and Vera looks like it could be the fight of the evening. Jardine is a bad man. I want to see Vera fight at the light heavy. See how he does.

The Kane/Sokoudjou fight could be interesting. Sokoudjou is a nasty striker. Kane should be able to take him on the ground.

Haven't seen Chris Lytle fight in a while. Think I missed his last fight. I am interested to see Akihiro Gono fight. He's pretty much all stand up but he can throw.

Not too bad for a free event.

Lytle fought Koscheck not too long ago. It was a bloody one-sided affair but Lytle got mad props from the crowd for having huge heart and a never say die attitude. At one point, it looked like he was going to pass out from all the blood he lost. I remember everyone at the bar going OMG that's fucking blood on the camera lens.

Josh Koscheck vs Chris Lytle Video UFC 86 - Ultimate MMA Video Blog

I used to hate Leben but like him now after a couple of losses humbled him. I think Bisping wins via RNC though, he will stand for about a minute with Leben and say fuck that shit, I'm taking it to the ground.

Here's my thoughts on this event.

Extremely happy Leben was beat. I despise that idiot. I've liked Bisbing since TUF. He looked decent against Leben. It wasn't Bisbing's most impressive fight but he knew he was facing a pretty fierce brawler with a good chin and was cautious. That being said, Bisbing fought with a lot of confidence and moved well. I'm not convinced Bisbing is ready for the elite MWs but he's looking better and better.

This was a good fight. Cane won but Sokoudjou is an absolute beast. He has the hardest and quickest punch/kick combos I've seen in a while. He puts his whole body into those kicks. I was impressed Cane didn't back down. Cane is a great striker in his own right. He maybe exposed the secret how to beat Sokoudjou...weather the early storm of flurries by Sokoudjou then pick him apart. Guys like Sokoudjou who are very muscular are obviously stronger but also tire more than someone more lean. He let Sokoudjou burn himself out and then went to work. Good fight by both fighters. Look forward to seeing more Cane.

OK, this was hands down the fight of the night. All I can say is WOOOOOW!!!!! These guys brought the heat from the word go. Both were throwing hard but Lytle was throwing bombs. Every punch was a swing for the fences. He definitly wore himself out swinging like that but he did enough damage to negate it.

And I'll say this. Chris Lytle has a fucking chin. Taylor hit him on the button several times with some heat and Lytle shrugged it off. I was very impressed with Lytle.

Forum List

Back