UCLA Professor Suspended and Under Police Protection After Refusing To Exempt Black Students From Final Exam

So he was supposed to cancel final exams for blacks only?

Unreal!
sharpton racism.jpg

There's already a thread on this. My comments are there.
I am sure they are profound.

I am sure they are profound.
As always.

And nobody cared about your opinion.

Some people who truly believe in equality have opposed any special exemptions for people of different ethnicities.

They point out that doing so creates in people's minds whether or not those exempted ethnicities are competent in their fields.

People of ALL ethnicities might, for example, choose only a Caucasian or Asian medical doctor, fearing that a doctor of another ethnicity was not so competent because s/he had been given special privileges (such as a watered-down exam, for example) or extra credit for "life experiences."

Standards for critical fields should be high. If one cannot meet the requirements, s/he should look for another profession.

I have a relative in the education business. Blacks and Browns are generally fucking retarded and stupid. Their test scores are way lower than other groups because their IQ is way lower. But amazingly they are fully grown at 13 and commence fucking each other, resulting in more of this curse on humanity.

They still have to pass the exam to be CERTIFIED. That's what the C stands for. I worked for a lawyer whose final exams in law school were CANCELLED because they were scheduled to begin the day after Kent State. He was graduated without his finals. But he still had to pass the Bar Exam.

If we say that black people don't have to take final exams to pass classes, the idea that we certify them based on skin color is a tiny step from there.

Obviously someone who can't pass an accounting 101 final exam will never pass the CPA exam. So clearly the CPA exam is racist and blacks must be exempted from taking it.

Some people who truly believe in equality have opposed any special exemptions for people of different ethnicities.

They point out that doing so creates in people's minds whether or not those exempted ethnicities are competent in their fields.

People of ALL ethnicities might, for example, choose only a Caucasian or Asian medical doctor, fearing that a doctor of another ethnicity was not so competent because s/he had been given special privileges (such as a watered-down exam, for example) or extra credit for "life experiences."

Standards for critical fields should be high. If one cannot meet the requirements, s/he should look for another profession.

Standards are racist. Why should people who study and learn the material be given better grades than those who were out getin da big screen?

Black privilege is something they have come to expect. And they react with violence or threats of violence when they don’t get it.

Gordon Klein, an accounting professor in the Anderson School of Business has taught at University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) for almost 40 years. He is now suspended and under police protection in his home. The reason? Klein refused to exempt black students from his final exam and sent a pointed rebuttal to students asking for the “no harm” exam. Parts of the response was certainly mocking in tone, more so than I would have considered appropriate. The school has launched a formal discrimination investigation. However, the suspension, investigation, and death threats against Klein reinforce the fear of many in the academy of a raising orthodoxy on campus and a lack of support for faculty involved in controversies.

According to Inside Higher Ed, a group of students asked Klein for a “no-harm” final exam that could only benefit students’ grades as well as shortened exams and extended deadlines. They cited recent “traumas, we have been placed in a position where we much choose between actively supporting our black classmates or focusing on finishing up our spring quarter . . . We believe that remaining neutral in times of injustice brings power to the oppressor and therefore staying silent is not an option.”

Poor me. Gimmee,gimmee, gimme.

Note to self, NEVER hire a black accountant.

Will we grant CPA status to black people with no exam?
They still have to pass the exam to be CERTIFIED. That's what the C stands for. I worked for a lawyer whose final exams in law school were CANCELLED because they were scheduled to begin the day after Kent State. He was graduated without his finals. But he still had to pass the Bar Exam.

We're the exams cancelled for the whole class, or just people with a certain skin color?

Then don't fuckin' read it. I get annoyed when I take the time to write a thoughtful post and then somebody opens a thread on the exact same thing because they're too lazy to check for what's already open. I'm not going to keep writing the same thing over and over.
Capiche?

Then don't fuckin' read it. I get annoyed when I take the time to write a thoughtful post and then somebody opens a thread on the exact same thing because they're too lazy to check for what's already open. I'm not going to keep writing the same thing over and over.
Capiche?

I don't give a s*it about what annoys you granny. Capiche?

Capiche?

I wasn't talking to you.

Capiche?

I wasn't talking to you.

Still dont give a shit...better?

Forum List

Back