UCLA Professor Suspended and Under Police Protection After Refusing To Exempt Black Students From Final Exam

There's already a thread on this. My comments are there.

And nobody cared about your opinion.
Then don't fuckin' read it. I get annoyed when I take the time to write a thoughtful post and then somebody opens a thread on the exact same thing because they're too lazy to check for what's already open. I'm not going to keep writing the same thing over and over.
Capiche?

I don't give a s*it about what annoys you granny. Capiche?
I wasn't talking to you.

Still dont give a shit...better?
giphy.gif

Then don't fuckin' read it. I get annoyed when I take the time to write a thoughtful post and then somebody opens a thread on the exact same thing because they're too lazy to check for what's already open. I'm not going to keep writing the same thing over and over.
Capiche?

I wasn't talking to you.

I'm the OP so yes you were.

Capiche?

I wasn't talking to you.

giphy.gif

You Communists have outlawed that movie. Your cultural purging is destroying our nation.

Capiche?

I wasn't talking to you.

giphy.gif

You Communists have outlawed that movie. Your cultural purging is destroying our nation.

I never considered that OL is a racist....but one can never be sure.

Gordon Klein, an accounting professor in the Anderson School of Business has taught at University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) for almost 40 years. He is now suspended and under police protection in his home. The reason? Klein refused to exempt black students from his final exam and sent a pointed rebuttal to students asking for the “no harm” exam. Parts of the response was certainly mocking in tone, more so than I would have considered appropriate. The school has launched a formal discrimination investigation. However, the suspension, investigation, and death threats against Klein reinforce the fear of many in the academy of a raising orthodoxy on campus and a lack of support for faculty involved in controversies.

According to Inside Higher Ed, a group of students asked Klein for a “no-harm” final exam that could only benefit students’ grades as well as shortened exams and extended deadlines. They cited recent “traumas, we have been placed in a position where we much choose between actively supporting our black classmates or focusing on finishing up our spring quarter . . . We believe that remaining neutral in times of injustice brings power to the oppressor and therefore staying silent is not an option.”

Poor me. Gimmee,gimmee, gimme.
Gordon Klein, an accounting professor in the Anderson School of Business has taught at University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) for almost 40 years. He is now suspended and under police protection in his home. The reason? Klein refused to exempt black students from his final exam and sent a pointed rebuttal to students asking for the “no harm” exam. Parts of the response was certainly mocking in tone, more so than I would have considered appropriate. The school has launched a formal discrimination investigation. However, the suspension, investigation, and death threats against Klein reinforce the fear of many in the academy of a raising orthodoxy on campus and a lack of support for faculty involved in controversies.

According to Inside Higher Ed, a group of students asked Klein for a “no-harm” final exam that could only benefit students’ grades as well as shortened exams and extended deadlines. They cited recent “traumas, we have been placed in a position where we much choose between actively supporting our black classmates or focusing on finishing up our spring quarter . . . We believe that remaining neutral in times of injustice brings power to the oppressor and therefore staying silent is not an option.”

I'm surprised at the level of snark from an accountant, not surprised that he didn't realize it wouldn't go over very well.

He actually asked accounting questions about heritage, apparently he hasn't seen many of them

It was really on brand for an accounting teacher i liked it

kids shoulda just asked for no harm exams period.

An excerpt form the article (which comes from screen shots i'm too lazy to find)

Referring to the May 25 murder of George Floyd, an unarmed black man who was restrained by police in Minneapolis, Klein responded, “Thanks for your suggestion in your email below that I give black students special treatment, given the tragedy in Minnesota.”

“Do you know the names of the classmates that are black?” he asked. “How can I identify them since we've been having online classes only?”

Are there any students who “may be of mixed parentage, such as half black-half Asian?” Klein continued. “What do you suggest I do with respect to them? A full concession or just half?”

Asking if any students in the class were from Minneapolis, Klein said “a white student from there might be possibly even more devastated by this, especially because some might think that they're racist even if they are not. My TA is from Minneapolis, so if you don't know, I can probably ask her.”

Requesting guidance -- apparently facetiously -- on the “‘no-harm’ outcome, since our sole course grade is from a final exam only,” Klein next invoked Martin Luther King Jr.

“Remember that MLK famously said that people should not be evaluated based on the ‘color of their skin.’ Do you think that your request would run afoul of MLK's admonition?”

I'm surprised at the level of snark from an accountant, not surprised that he didn't realize it wouldn't go over very well.

He actually asked accounting questions about heritage, apparently he hasn't seen many of them

It was really on brand for an accounting teacher i liked it

kids shoulda just asked for no harm exams period.

An excerpt form the article (which comes from screen shots i'm too lazy to find)

Referring to the May 25 murder of George Floyd, an unarmed black man who was restrained by police in Minneapolis, Klein responded, “Thanks for your suggestion in your email below that I give black students special treatment, given the tragedy in Minnesota.”

“Do you know the names of the classmates that are black?” he asked. “How can I identify them since we've been having online classes only?”

Are there any students who “may be of mixed parentage, such as half black-half Asian?” Klein continued. “What do you suggest I do with respect to them? A full concession or just half?”

Asking if any students in the class were from Minneapolis, Klein said “a white student from there might be possibly even more devastated by this, especially because some might think that they're racist even if they are not. My TA is from Minneapolis, so if you don't know, I can probably ask her.”

Requesting guidance -- apparently facetiously -- on the “‘no-harm’ outcome, since our sole course grade is from a final exam only,” Klein next invoked Martin Luther King Jr.

“Remember that MLK famously said that people should not be evaluated based on the ‘color of their skin.’ Do you think that your request would run afoul of MLK's admonition?”

MLK would be a "sell out" in the eyes of todays provocaturs....

I don't think he was being racist. Just a hard ass. No one ever had a hard ass professor in college?

Yes, it was less than sympathetic to imply that students in California didn't have any business getting worked up over "something that happened in Minneapolis." That's missing the point, and then some. But I don't see where it's racist. The request was ridiculous. The University did the right thing by granting an extension to everyone, if there was a lot of activity on campus. There is nothing wrong with that, either.
When my brother committed suicide my nephew had a huge exam. His professor said no excuse he had the it turned in by Sunday night. My brother died on a Friday night.. Oh and we are white .

I don't think he was being racist. Just a hard ass. No one ever had a hard ass professor in college?

Yes, it was less than sympathetic to imply that students in California didn't have any business getting worked up over "something that happened in Minneapolis." That's missing the point, and then some. But I don't see where it's racist. The request was ridiculous. The University did the right thing by granting an extension to everyone, if there was a lot of activity on campus. There is nothing wrong with that, either.
When my brother committed suicide my nephew had a huge exam. His professor said no excuse he had the it turned in by Sunday night. My brother died on a Friday night.. Oh and we are white .

It would have been different if you hadn't been the inferior race.

That's the point.

It would have been different if you hadn't been the inferior race.

That's the point.
Oh I am sure..

Hes a whire supremacist

Have you joined the movement to end white supremacy ?

# we'renazitools

They still have to pass the exam to be CERTIFIED. That's what the C stands for. I worked for a lawyer whose final exams in law school were CANCELLED because they were scheduled to begin the day after Kent State. He was graduated without his finals. But he still had to pass the Bar Exam.
So why just black people?

Wait what does supporting our black.students mean?

Let me guess, they wanted class credit while rioting?

? It shouldn't have been. The prof made the right decision, he just put it in an unprofessional, insulting way.
It was a teachable moment and he saying something like he did is certainly teaching...either the woke assholes will get a clue from his sarcasm and he will get taught that America is now a communist racist country that will destroy anyone who does not cave to the special class of black.

? It shouldn't have been. The prof made the right decision, he just put it in an unprofessional, insulting way.
He was trying to racialize it and he's an idiot. It's not racist to have people test their knowledge

While leftist claim to be color friendly simply because they desire to be liked AND they fear blacks, the people they parrot desire to maintain blacks inside lower standards on all phases.

That's a major difference between conservatives and leftists where race is concerned. Conservatives hold PEOPLE to the same standards, while the left desires & preaches to view race above people, which in itself is SEGREGATION. Hold blacks to lower standards = maintain blacks at lower standards. That's who leftists are.

If a leftist speaks always consider their statement projection, twisted and/or a confession, every time, all the time.

Forum List

Back