UCLA players thank Trump, get suspended indefinitely

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Ask and ye shall receive.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/15/ucla-players-thank-trump-get-suspended-indefinitely/

President Trump got his wish Wednesday afternoon when the three UCLA basketball players busted in China for shoplifting thanked him for his help in getting them home.

The three, Jalen Hill and Cody Riley and LiAngelo Ball — younger brother of Los Angeles Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball — also apologized to their families and their school, while thanking the Chinese cops for treating them well.

“I would like to thank President Trump and the United States government for the help they provided. I am grateful to be back home and I will never make a mistake like this again. I am extremely sorry for those that I let down,” said Ball, reading from a script in a monotone.

Better late then never. They apologized and thanked the president. That's going to cost them from their hommies, I'm sure.

On the plus side, the suspension will leave the three players more time to haunt the malls and follow their true calling.

Granny says, "Dat's right - dat's how thankful dem dindu nuffins are...
eek.gif

President Trump to UCLA Basketball Players: 'You're Welcome' and 'Be Careful'
November 16, 2017 - In his first tweets on Thursday, President Trump had some advice to the three UCLA basketball players who were arrested in China for shoplifting.
On Wednesday, Trump wondered if he'd get a thank-you for his intervention in getting the three freshmen home from China. And at a news conference later that day, the three freshmen did thank the president and they also apologized for their behavior, admitting that they embarassed their families, their team, their school and their country. "To the three UCLA basketball players I say: You're welcome, go out and give a big Thank You to President Xi Jinping of China who made your release possible and, HAVE A GREAT LIFE! Be careful, there are many pitfalls on the long and winding road of life!"

voa1511125502.jpg

UCLA Coach Steve Alford announced that the three athletes were being suspended indefinitely. You can hear the apologies and thank-yous delivered by LiAngelo Ball, Cody Riley, and Jalen Hill here. Chinese authorities accused the players of stealing sunglasses from a Louis Vuitton store next to the hotel where they were staying with their team.

President Trump to UCLA Basketball Players: 'You're Welcome' and 'Be Careful'

Trump: Should Have Left 3 US Basketball Players in Chinese Jail
19 Nov.`17 - U.S. President Donald Trump says he should have left three college basketball players accused of shoplifting in China in jail there after the father of one of them said Trump played little role in their return to the United States.
The three players with the University of California at Los Angeles thanked Trump last week for his role in easing their release by personally asking Chinese President Xi Jinping to intervene when the two leaders met earlier this month in Beijing.

UCLA's athletic director said the players - LiAngelo Ball, Cody Riley and Jalen Hill - shoplifted items, including expensive sunglasses, from three stores in Hangzhou, where the UCLA team was staying before playing a game against another U.S. school, Georgia Tech, in Shanghai.

voa1511125502.jpg

But LaVar Ball, LiAngelo's father, dismissed Trump's role in freeing the three, who were confined to a hotel even as their teammates returned to the United States. 'Who?' the elder Ball said when asked about Trump's involvement. 'What was he over there for? Don't tell me nothing. Everybody wants to make it seem like he helped me out.' Ball earlier had said people familiar with the shoplifting charges had tried 'to make a big deal out of nothing.'

Trump, in a Twitter remark Sunday, said, 'Now that the three basketball players are out of China and saved from years in jail, LaVar Ball, the father of LiAngelo, is unaccepting of what I did for his son and that shoplifting is no big deal. I should have left them in jail!' All three players have been suspended indefinitely from the UCLA team.

Trump Should Have Left 3 US Basketball Players in Chinese Jail

Forum List

Back