Uber IPO flop

i bought preIPO shares at 65 thinking I was getting an awesome deal.

Then you have no idea what the hell you are doing. One glance of their financials should’ve told you that was a stupid idea.

A glance at their tells me they’re a 70 billion dollar behemoth of a company that controls over 60 percent of the market share of their business and do billions in revenue. Who cares if they're losing money? Amazon and Facebook were losing money hand over fist when they went public. When you have market share and brand name recognition that’s all you need to make things happen. Uber technologies is so big there’s a variety of different directions the company can to decide to embark on through there way to profitability. There’s nothing wrong with being a growth company. Uber is a verb in today’s society, do you have any idea how much alone that is worth? Some of worlds smartest investors are invested in Uber. I’m not saying Uber is definitely going to have a market cap of a trillion dollars, but I can certainly see it happening.

Btw when someone is investing their money in a particular company, it not proper etiquette to call them a fool, even if you believe that is the case. 65 looked good when they were expected to go public at a valuation of 120 billion. Besides in studying the PrivCo reports which was basically all I was privy to it didn’t seem all the outrageous.

IMO this is a tremendous buying opportunity for the long term.

Since you have RSU's, I assume you currently or previously worked for them.

Nope. The 2012 jobs act freed up secondary market transactions of private company shares. I bought my shares from a marketing arm that is connected with a specific fund that acquired Uber shares from insiders of company employees of Company. I indirectly purchased my shares from insiders or employees of Uber. Of course I had to pay a markup to buy in, which is built into my cost basis.

Since you have RSU's, I assume you currently or previously worked for them.

Nope. The 2012 jobs act freed up secondary market transactions of private company shares. I bought my shares from a marketing arm that is connected with a specific fund that acquired Uber shares from insiders of company employees of Company. I indirectly purchased my shares from insiders or employees of Uber. Of course I had to pay a markup to buy in, which is built into my cost basis.

In hindsight I should have just waited for Uber to go public and then invested. I’m kicking myself for not doing that.

A few more rapes and murders at the hands of the drivers and you can write them off..

Thats not going to stop the company from growing like a weed like it has been. It didn’t hurt the taxi cab business either. Morgan botched the IPO, but the market will catch up to the fundamentals of the company.

Mark Cuban Knows Who's to Blame for Uber's Disastrous IPO--and It's Not Uber
Cuban, who was an investor in Uber competitor Lyft, believes that Uber needed to move more quickly in its IPO. He said that the company is "not a growth company" and has "nothing exciting about it."

How could it not be a growth company when gross bookings keep increasing at a phenomenal rate? Cuban is just pitching his book, like they all do. There’s nothing exciting about any of Cuban’s businesses either. Uber going to develop flying cars. That’s pretty damn exciting if you ask me.

105915574-1557953063883uberlyft.jpg

WOW! In one paragraph, in your own words, explain how UBER is going to make money?

Again it’s not about being making money now, their emphasis is on growth. Their losses are already narrowing and they are making a lot of investments with unbelievable potential. The best thing about them is in a short time they’ve become a brand that everyone knows. Tell me, when was the last company of Uber’s size to fail in the stock market? You can’t.

Forum List

Back