U.S. Workers Allegedly Fired, Told to 'Train Your Foreign Replacement'

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011

"Tucker Carlson pointed out on "Fox and Friends Weekend" that the H1-B program would seem to violate U.S. immigration law, which requires that the hiring of a foreign worker will not adversely affect the wages and conditions of U.S. workers comparably employed.

Professor of Public Policy at Howard University Ron Hira said that the tech industry in particular has tried to paint the visa program as a good deal, when in reality it's just undercutting Americans.

Hira explained that "guest workers," not immigrants, are brought in for up to six years on H1-B visas. The employer can often pay the guest workers 40 to 50 percent less than American workers.

"So there's a big incentive for employers to bring these workers in and to replace Americans," Hira said.

He added that recently terminated employees at Southern California Edison were essentially told to "train your foreign replacement."

"It's not about skills. It's not about need. It's all about the fact that [companies] can bring in these guest workers at a lot less money.""

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/04/12/us-workers-allegedly-fired-told-train-your-foreign-replacement

I think they ought to move from California to Arkansas were labor costs and taxes will be lower (well not SC Edison California needs electricity, but the others can)

I think they ought to move from California to Arkansas were labor costs and taxes will be lower (well not SC Edison California needs electricity, but the others can)

What a great idea. Except that Arkansas has been ranked very low in healthcare and education which sure would effect any potential current employees transferring to Arkansas.

What a great idea. Except that Arkansas has been ranked very low in healthcare and education which sure would effect any potential current employees transferring to Arkansas.

Guess they could use the revenue boost ... And why would you transfer employees if they are cheaper in Arkansas to start with?
Not to mention housing is cheaper, cost of living is cheaper ... Gasoline is a lot cheaper.

"Tucker Carlson pointed out on "Fox and Friends Weekend" that the H1-B program would seem to violate U.S. immigration law, which requires that the hiring of a foreign worker will not adversely affect the wages and conditions of U.S. workers comparably employed.

Professor of Public Policy at Howard University Ron Hira said that the tech industry in particular has tried to paint the visa program as a good deal, when in reality it's just undercutting Americans.

Hira explained that "guest workers," not immigrants, are brought in for up to six years on H1-B visas. The employer can often pay the guest workers 40 to 50 percent less than American workers.

"So there's a big incentive for employers to bring these workers in and to replace Americans," Hira said.

He added that recently terminated employees at Southern California Edison were essentially told to "train your foreign replacement."

"It's not about skills. It's not about need. It's all about the fact that [companies] can bring in these guest workers at a lot less money.""

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/04/12/us-workers-allegedly-fired-told-train-your-foreign-replacement

Doing the jobs Americans won't do...at half the price.

Mitt Romney's employees had to do that. Republicans think moving American jobs overseas is "thrifty, nifty and the capitalist thing to do".

Guess they could use the revenue boost ... And why would you transfer employees if they are cheaper in Arkansas to start with?
Not to mention housing is cheaper, cost of living is cheaper ... Gasoline is a lot cheaper.

The employees I was addressing regarding transfers would be the management end of things. My bad for not separating the two.
Yes, some things are cheaper in Arkansas. But to many people quality of life is huge for them and their plans for their family. When I mention quality of life, I talk about good schools, great healthcare systems, a great selection of lifestyles, in other word the best possible environment.
Things being cheap and working cheaply aren't part of the equation.
About ten years ago, I was offered a promotion but my destination offered a lesser quality of life. I turned the job down because of my kids education and one of my daughters existing healthcare concerns. Yeah, I could of taken the money but I would have betrayed what was best for my family. I have no regrets making that decision.

Hey congratulations! Glad you figured out the H-1B visa scam. I'd like to say better late than never but really, you're a day late and a dollar short.

Up next, the sad realization that there is no STEM shortage in the US.

Of course, then people might have to rethink a few things.

I do not understand why you needed for it to be verified via Fox.

Had it figured long ago........but remember Obama and dems support the working man...,,,,,,,it just aint you.......

If only we had Americans to help us keep our tech superiority. Instead we have a population where almost half the people deny the most basic of scientific principles like evolution.

Te employees I was addressing regarding transfers would be the management end of things. My bad for not separating the two.
Yes, some things are cheaper in Arkansas. But to many people quality of life is huge for them and their plans for their family. When I mention quality of life, I talk about good schools, great healthcare systems, a great selection of lifestyles, in other word the best possible environment.
Things being cheap and working cheaply aren't part of the equation.
About ten years ago, I was offered a promotion but my destination offered a lesser quality of life. I turned the job down because of my kids education and one of my daughters existing healthcare concerns. Yeah, I could of taken the money but I would have betrayed what was best for my family. I have no regrets making that decision.

Oh, I know exactly what you mean.
A few years ago I was offered great promotion and transfer to Atlanta ... I said, "No fucking way" ... Quit the job and started my own business.
They hired someone for way less money than they had been paying me.

If only we had Americans to help us keep our tech superiority. Instead we have a population where almost half the people deny the most basic of scientific principles like evolution.

yeah cause if ya dont beleive evolution why how ya ever going to understand tech....pathetic

yeah cause if ya dont beleive evolution why how ya ever going to understand tech....pathetic

If you don't believe in evolution, you better hope you have people who DO believe in evolution working on your country's technology.

You think top tech countries Japan, South Korea, Finland and Germany teach creationism to their people? Because if so you'd better think again. :cool:

If you don't believe in evolution, you better hope you have people who DO believe in evolution working on your country's technology.

You think top tech countries Japan, South Korea, Finland and Germany teach creationism to their people? Because if so you'd better think again. :cool:

LLMMAAAOOOOO.......like there is some connection...........according to you we should be bursting with new techies cause christianity is fading you say......

"Tech superiority", meaning working for a wage only some shirking bindi is willing to work for.

By the way, there are 11 million Americans with STEM degrees not in STEM industries. So much for a STEM labor "shortage".

Another Look at the STEM Crisis in America The Fiscal Times

LLMMAAAOOOOO.......like there is some connection...........according to you we should be bursting with new techies cause christianity is fading you say......

Lol we're playing catch up to the world on that front buddy.

Forum List

Back