U.S. will criminalize hate speech ‘soon’, EU official predicts at WEF mtg.

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
What these European idiots don't seem to understand is that so-called "hate speech" laws are against our constitution. We would have to abolish the First Amendment for this prediction to come true, and I don't see that happening in the near future.

This woman is an idiot

At the World Economic Forum meeting in Davos, Switzerland this week, a European Union official predicted to a U.S. congressman that the U.S. would “soon” enact laws on “illegal hate speech” similar to those in the EU.
Věra Jourová, the vice president of values and transparency for the European Commission, tapped Massachusetts Rep. Seth Moulton on the arm and laughed as she made the prediction. It came as she discussed whether AI is capable of moderating online hate speech.
“For hate speech, well, we need the people who understand the language and the case law in the country, because what qualifies as hate speech as illegal hate speech — which you will have soon also in the U.S.,” she said, looking to Moulton, who smiled back. “I think that we have a strong reason why we have this in the criminal law,” she continued.

What these European idiots don't seem to understand is that so-called "hate speech" laws are against our constitution. We would have to abolish the First Amendment for this prediction to come true, and I don't see that happening in the near future.

This woman is an idiot

At the World Economic Forum meeting in Davos, Switzerland this week, a European Union official predicted to a U.S. congressman that the U.S. would “soon” enact laws on “illegal hate speech” similar to those in the EU.
Věra Jourová, the vice president of values and transparency for the European Commission, tapped Massachusetts Rep. Seth Moulton on the arm and laughed as she made the prediction. It came as she discussed whether AI is capable of moderating online hate speech.
“For hate speech, well, we need the people who understand the language and the case law in the country, because what qualifies as hate speech as illegal hate speech — which you will have soon also in the U.S.,” she said, looking to Moulton, who smiled back. “I think that we have a strong reason why we have this in the criminal law,” she continued.
This is WHY we need to stand together as the American constituency whole, behind our federal Constitution. This is also WHY Jourova's statement regarding hate speech makes the one world without borders ideology obsolete.

This woman is an idiot

Democrats will be all for this . They are the biggest threat to America and Americans.

Until then I'm still free to openly hate the left's guts right? May they become infested with head lice and get a nasty nail fungus.
Lefties are WEFfies.

The elite certainly are, only the sheeple and lemmings don't know it.

Hitlery, Al Gore, Newsom...

You know, that if anyone's going to try to criminalize hate speech it'll be the left.

Like that leftard idiot Lee who just tried it.

Till then though, we're free to tell the lefties and the WEFfies *and* the Congress critters to go FUCK OFF. :p

This woman is an idiot

The EU is forcing esg scores in the next few years and in turn it will bleed over into America starting with corporations that do business in Europe and America. That will be the foot in the door that leads to us being treated as criminals for our speech. Once esg becomes a staple it will grow from there.

Glen beck explains it pretty well how it works. Companies already do this with their vendors already, if a vendor wants to do business with a company they have to meet their guidelines and will get audited by that company.

But it will happen and it starts with this.

Libtards hate free speech. Just like they hate freedom of religion and the right to keep and bear arms.

They hate all individual liberties.

Sometimes, I think they actually want this:

To live in six foot square spaces and eat bugs and be told what to think 24/7. As long as they don't ever have to be responsible for their own care and feeding, and get to stay high and spend most of their waking hours playing video games.

The US Constitution protects all speech and that includes hate speech. The WEF can go fall on a sword.
Unfortunately, the United States Constitution only prevents the government from suppressing free speech, even if it is true.

Recently I read about a law professor who was fired for telling a friend that none of his black students were performing well in his classes. He made the mistake of writing that down, and somehow the message went viral.

In practice hate speech can be defined as telling unflattering facts about the Negro race.

Forum List

Back