U.S. weekly jobless claims post largest drop in almost two years

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This, even before the tax break to businesses, the border tariff AND the renegotiation of NAFTA has been concluded.

It's the economy stupid! Get 'er done Trump! Bring back jobs, punish those nations who abuse American free markets (there are many) and let's Libertarian economic values return to the U.S

New applications for U.S. unemployment benefits recorded their biggest drop in nearly two years last week, pointing to a further tightening in the labor market.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits declined 25,000 to a seasonally adjusted 234,000 for the week ended April 1, the Labor Department said on Thursday. The drop was the largest since the week ending April 25, 2015, and unwound recent increases that had lifted claims to a three-month high.

"The lower jobless claims filings show the economy continues to show improvement which is important news with the long expansion expected to eventually tire somewhere down the line given its longevity," said Chris Rupkey, chief economist at MUFG Union Bank in New York.

This, even before the tax break to businesses, the border tariff AND the renegotiation of NAFTA has been concluded.

It's the economy stupid! Get 'er done Trump! Bring back jobs, punish those nations who abuse American free markets (there are many) and let's Libertarian economic values return to the U.S

New applications for U.S. unemployment benefits recorded their biggest drop in nearly two years last week, pointing to a further tightening in the labor market.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits declined 25,000 to a seasonally adjusted 234,000 for the week ended April 1, the Labor Department said on Thursday. The drop was the largest since the week ending April 25, 2015, and unwound recent increases that had lifted claims to a three-month high.

"The lower jobless claims filings show the economy continues to show improvement which is important news with the long expansion expected to eventually tire somewhere down the line given its longevity," said Chris Rupkey, chief economist at MUFG Union Bank in New York.
94.2 million people out of the workforce. Trump's just hiding behind phony numbers.

Hah hah this is great!

One year ago it would have been a lefty posting this, with a bunch of righties saying they are fake job numbers since Obama sucks. Now we have this posted by righties, and a lefty has already weighed in calling them phony numbers.

The unemployment rate is insanely high under Trump at somewhere around 40%. Worst president ever.

Things are finally looking up. What a difference a president makes.
My, but you are a lying bastard.

Claims have now been below 300,000, a threshold associated with a healthy labor market, for 109 straight weeks. That is the longest such stretch since 1970, when the labor market was smaller. The labor market is currently near full employment.

109 straight weeks. The orange clown has only been in there for 11 weeks. He was handed a healed economy and a healthy labor market by President Obama.

Hah hah this is great!

One year ago it would have been a lefty posting this, with a bunch of righties saying they are fake job numbers since Obama sucks. Now we have this posted by righties, and a lefty has already weighed in calling them phony numbers.
I don't doubt the numbers, it's just not because of anything Trump did in 2 months.

Claims have now been below 300,000, a threshold associated with a healthy labor market, for 109 straight weeks. That is the longest such stretch since 1970, when the labor market was smaller. The labor market is currently near full employment.

109 straight weeks. The orange clown has only been in there for 11 weeks. He was handed a healed economy and a healthy labor market by President Obama.
My, but you are full of shit. Obama has presided over a sluggish economy for 8 years (less than 3% annual growth). Trump takes over and the economy starts flourishing and you think Obama should get the credit. That's funny, that's real funny. :lol:

My, but you are full of shit. Obama has presided over a sluggish economy for 8 years (less than 3% annual growth). Trump takes over and the economy starts flourishing and you think Obama should get the credit. That's funny, that's real funny. :lol:

Why not tell us what jobs he has created?

The unemployment rate is insanely high under Trump at somewhere around 40%. Worst president ever.

Sorry but we already had the two worst presidents ever.

Carter and Obama.

What's the difference? Here is the 4 week moving average of initial claims for the last 5 years:
fredgraph.png

Yesterday's drop, while large, was just continuing the trend.

Yesterday's drop, while large, was just continuing the trend.
No silly, to Trump fans the numbers were fake/fudged all through the Obama presidency. To them that somehow changed in a few months under Trump and now they are real numbers that just happen to align perfectly with trend of last eight years.

Partisan politics has no limit to leaps of retard logic that people make.

Why not tell us what jobs he has created?
Business is picking up because of confidence in the economy under Trump's leadership. Mine is one of them and others I know who have their own businesses are saying the same thing. I just hired 3 people last week. You're probably a welfare recipient so I'm sure all of this is over your head.

The labor market is expected to hit full employment this year. Economists polled by Reuters had forecast payrolls increasing 180,000 last month and the unemployment rate unchanged at 4.7 percent.

Business is picking up because of confidence in the economy under Trump's leadership. Mine is one of them and others I know who have their own businesses are saying the same thing. I just hired 3 people last week. You're probably a welfare recipient so I'm sure all of this is over your head.
Business has been picking up since 2009, and people have been hiring more people since 2009.

Forum List

Back