U.S. Unadjusted Unemployment Down to 7.0% in October

i volunteered this week guess i wasnt part of the UE. a woman did laundry she was thrown off too and the garbage man cleaned up his yard, he was taken off UE as well. 3 people gone according to the cooked numbers. no one is buying it, if theres no money in hand people are seeing the UE for what it is. Cooked numbers.

The reference week for the October numbers was the week of October 7-13. During that week, if you worked for 1 or more hours for pay or 15 or more hours unpaid in a family business or farm then you were Employed.
If you did not work that week (except for temporary illness/injury, vacation, etc) could have started work that week and had looked for work between Sept 16 and Oct 6, you were Unemployed.
If you don't fit either, you were Not in the Labor Force.

Volunteer work or work around the house does not count as employment.

I find it interesting that you have no idea what the actual definitions are but have the balls to call the numbers cooked when you're the one making shit up.

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- U.S. unemployment, as measured by Gallup without seasonal adjustment, fell to 7.0% for the month of October, down significantly from the 7.9% measured at the end of September. Gallup's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate is 7.4%, improved more than a half a point from September.

These results are based on Gallup Daily tracking interviews, conducted by landline and cell phone, with approximately 30,000 Americans throughout the month -- 68.3% of whom in October reported being active in the workforce. The monthly average for October excludes Oct. 29 and Oct. 30, the two days that Gallup did not poll because of the effects of Superstorm Sandy on the East Coast. Gallup calculates a seasonally adjusted unemployment rate by applying the adjustment factor the government used for the same month in the previous year. For October, Gallup applied the .04 upward adjustment the government used last year.

October reports show employment up and unemployment down - National Elections | Examiner.com

The official report due out tomorrow is expected to be very close to these numbers. This is completely opposite of what everyone was thinking was going to happen.

ELECTION OVER

You should have waited a few hours for the official news. Now you just look silly.

i volunteered this week guess i wasnt part of the UE. a woman did laundry she was thrown off too and the garbage man cleaned up his yard, he was taken off UE as well. 3 people gone according to the cooked numbers. no one is buying it, if theres no money in hand people are seeing the UE for what it is. Cooked numbers.

So you're unemployed is what you're saying? Doesn't that make you part of the "moochers"? Of course not, you're just different, not like that other 47% who are the REAL problem, right?. You're part of the patriotic unemployed, right?

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- U.S. unemployment, as measured by Gallup without seasonal adjustment, fell to 7.0% for the month of October, down significantly from the 7.9% measured at the end of September. Gallup's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate is 7.4%, improved more than a half a point from September.

These results are based on Gallup Daily tracking interviews, conducted by landline and cell phone, with approximately 30,000 Americans throughout the month -- 68.3% of whom in October reported being active in the workforce. The monthly average for October excludes Oct. 29 and Oct. 30, the two days that Gallup did not poll because of the effects of Superstorm Sandy on the East Coast. Gallup calculates a seasonally adjusted unemployment rate by applying the adjustment factor the government used for the same month in the previous year. For October, Gallup applied the .04 upward adjustment the government used last year.

October reports show employment up and unemployment down - National Elections | Examiner.com

The official report due out tomorrow is expected to be very close to these numbers. This is completely opposite of what everyone was thinking was going to happen.

ELECTION OVER

You should have waited a few hours for the official news. Now you just look silly.

Have you seen some of the threads you start? Talk about ridiculous.

So you're unemployed is what you're saying? Doesn't that make you part of the "moochers"? Of course not, you're just different, not like that other 47% who are the REAL problem, right?. You're part of the patriotic unemployed, right?

No he is working two jobs
so someone else does not have to work one,,,,,
:eusa_whistle:

ELECTION OVER

I have my share of failed threads, yes. No one is perfect but to make such broad predictions just hours before facts come out takes the cake

I have my share of failed threads, yes. No one is perfect but to make such broad predictions just hours before facts come out takes the cake

Nah, I think starting a thread panning Christie because he worked with Obama to ensure the people in his state get much needed relief from a natural disaster takes the cake.

Forum List

Back