U.S. Supreme court deals major blow to the ten commandments

I would think an issue like this should be left up to the state...and maybe even the local governments to decide. If the people of that area want the Ten Commandments displayed, then they should be allowed to.

Separation of Church & State only goes so far in terms of the United States not having an "official religion" imo

If not, then what will they rule to be unconstitutional next? The pledge of allegiance? "One Nation Under God
.."? Our currency " In God We Trust".?

Etc.
The First Amendment ~ Freedom FROM religion, is not up for popular vote.

The first amendment doesn't state freedom FROM religion.

It states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

Basically means Congress won't make a law forcing people to follow a certain religion nor will they make a law that prohibits people from following a certain religion.

How is displaying the Ten Commandments forcing people to follow a religion?

Displayed on gov'ty property? The first four commandments require that only Judaism or Christianity be followed.

I believe there are also other historical laws on display there...not just the Ten Commandments. It's a about context. In the context in which they are displayed, they are not forcing anyone to follow any religion.

Like I said earlier, the first ammendment states that the federal government won't make any laws to establish a religion or prevent people from following one. Basically means they stat out of it. Doesn't mean that the states or local governments can't "display" the Ten Commandments. In situations like this, when the federal government basically stays out of it....it leaves some leeway for state rights. I think this sort of issue should be left up to the states. If the people of that state want the Ten Commandments displayed, then they should be allowed to.

And if they ONLY want the 10 Commandments displayed?

I'm not half the racist you are.

You see, I also encounter that small pocket of family oriented, upwardly mobile Blacks who send their kids to school, make them study, don't live for their "next piece of pussy" and live in beautiful homes.
But you can't tolerate those families because they have neither the need nor the sleightest inclination to blame Whitey for holding them down.
In fact, they are disgusted by their "brethern".

You are the racist.

I made no reference to those families at all .... most of whom will tell you that despite their hard work, they still get pulled over for a DWB.

I'm not half the racist you are.

You see, I also encounter that small pocket of family oriented, upwardly mobile Blacks who send their kids to school, make them study, don't live for their "next piece of pussy" and live in beautiful homes.
But you can't tolerate those families because they have neither the need nor the sleightest inclination to blame Whitey for holding them down.
In fact, they are disgusted by their "brethern".

You are the racist.

I made no reference to those families at all .... most of whom will tell you that despite their hard work, they still get pulled over for a DWB.
Must really suck to have a cop pull you over in your BMW.
I think they weigh the 700K house against the DWB and say, "Yeah, I'll deal with this!".

You must have better stuff in your arsenal because that was really pathetic.

I would think an issue like this should be left up to the state...and maybe even the local governments to decide. If the people of that area want the Ten Commandments displayed, then they should be allowed to.

Separation of Church & State only goes so far in terms of the United States not having an "official religion" imo

If not, then what will they rule to be unconstitutional next? The pledge of allegiance? "One Nation Under God

Etc.

It states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

Basically means Congress won't make a law forcing people to follow a certain religion nor will they make a law that prohibits people from following a certain religion.

Displayed on gov'ty property? The first four commandments require that only Judaism or Christianity be followed.

I believe there are also other historical laws on display there...not just the Ten Commandments. It's a about context. In the context in which they are displayed, they are not forcing anyone to follow any religion.

Like I said earlier, the first ammendment states that the federal government won't make any laws to establish a religion or prevent people from following one. Basically means they stat out of it. Doesn't mean that the states or local governments can't "display" the Ten Commandments. In situations like this, when the federal government basically stays out of it....it leaves some leeway for state rights. I think this sort of issue should be left up to the states. If the people of that state want the Ten Commandments displayed, then they should be allowed to.

You're a fool.

tumblr_limfkacE5x1qhk50go1_400.jpg

Etc.

You're a fool.

You angry, bruh?

You're a fool.

You angry, bruh?

Fake, godly BS SPEWS, never adds up.
Just stupid gullible people are attracted to it.
Which is helpful to others, to ID these morons.
Like if you're not following it 100%, you are just lying
to yourself. As you know it's BS, you just can't deal
with the reality and facts of the world on matters.
As you're AFRAID!

You're a fool.

You angry, bruh?

As you're AFRAID!

Why so much anger and hate towards people with different beliefs from yours? Does it make you feel good to come on message boards in an attempt to troll people?

You're a fool.

You angry, bruh?

As you're AFRAID!

Why so much anger and hate towards people with different beliefs from yours? Does it make you feel good to come on message boards in an attempt to troll people?

FFS!.. Gee you're lost.
There are no gods. BUT.....
Your god could be an alien from another planet, that is smarter
than you. And The Great Ornge Douche would block this of world alin
entry btw. PLUS, gods like aliens have no papers.

Let try this.
============================
be·lief
bəˈlēf/

• an acceptance that a statement is true. or that something exists.
    • =============================
Well there above, there are no facts gods EVER existed.
All written BS in bibles were by FlimFlam peddlers called man, some are gay.
And the bible has been rewritten some 16 times over 3500 years. Some godly work there.
All claimed artifacts are/were man-made items or claimed to be. JUST to make money.
Like the Great Orange Douche does.A Con Man you voted for.

So, What you learn here?
Answer: Gullible Fantasy in your Melon mind is all we have here as FACTS!.

I know I'm right. Or we all came from gods two sons, from a gay love affair!

I think they weigh the 700K house against the DWB and say, "Yeah, I'll deal with this!".

i don't know of any of them that are "Cool" with it, and it's kind of racist for you to think they should be.

i don't know of any of them that are "Cool" with it, and it's kind of racist for you to think they should be.
I know and meet Black people all the time who are cool with it.
But then again, I actually have conversations with them, not at them.

Hey, as an Orthodox Jew who wants my Town to remain safe, I have zero objections to the occasions when I am stopped after I get off my highway exit and they check my eyes to see if I've been drinking.
In fact, I insist on it.

And not only that, a lot of Orthodox Jews have been moving to my Town and are speeding and going through Stop Signs (and yes, I have informed them on our Facebook group that they should grow up and follow the rules or get a 2nd job to pay for the tickets) and I am actually getting together with some other Jews on the group to ask for more Traffic Cop intervention.
Civilization and safety comes with a price.

Hey, as an Orthodox Jew who wants my Town to remain safe, I have zero objections to the occasions when I am stopped after I get off my highway exit and they check my eyes to see if I've been drinking.
In fact, I insist on it.

And not only that, a lot of Orthodox Jews have been moving to my Town and are speeding and going through Stop Signs (and yes, I have informed them on our Facebook group that they should grow up and follow the rules or get a 2nd job to pay for the tickets) and I am actually getting together with some other Jews on the group to ask for more Traffic Cop intervention.

I think that being pulled over just because of your skin color isn't civilized.

In fact, I insist on it.

I think that being pulled over just because of your skin color isn't civilized.
I know that maintaining civilization outweighs race.

I didn't know we were built on the ten commandments?

Yes, Dumb Ass Ignoramus, our laws are taken from English Common law, mostly and that was derived from Ecclesiastical law of the Church of Rome and that borrowed from Judaic laws the foundation of which was the Ten Commandments.

For your ignorant sake I will share this tid bit with you; the Ten Commandments are important because they also are the first example of a set of laws that were the ultimate source of authority of a nation, higher even than the King.

Suppsoedly this is a chief hall mark of our own system of laws, that even our chief executive falls under them, nit wit.

The Ten Commandments were a foundational document to the laws of Western Europe.

On Monday, the U.S. Supreme Court took sides in a heated dispute over a Ten Commandments display on the lawn of a city hall building in Bloomfield, New Mexico, siding with lower courts that found its presence unconstitutional. It’s a conclusion to the City of Bloomfield v. Felix case that has the American Civil Liberties Union, among other groups, elated, heralding the move as a First Amendment victory. Meanwhile, conservative critics are less than content over the SCOTUS decision. David

U.S. Supreme Court Deals Major Blow to the Ten Commandments
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You leftist assholes have no clue what you are doing as you strip this nation of everything we were built upon and as you retards of the ANTI American hate groups go around turning America into N. Korea you rejects won't realize what you've done until years later. That's how works assholes..............then we all pay for your stupidity even people from other Countries see and understand what is going on yet the very fkning assholes who live here can't see a thing. gawd you fkrs are so beyond idiots.

they didn't deal a major blow to anything, conspiracy nutter....

they upheld the first amendment's prohibition against state sponsored religion.

you want religion, go to church... or synogogue .... or mosque... or whatever other brand of whatever it is you need.

Yes, Dumb Ass Ignoramus, our laws are taken from English Common law, mostly and that was derived from Ecclesiastical law of the Church of Rome and that borrowed from Judaic laws the foundation of which was the Ten Commandments.

For your ignorant sake I will share this tid bit with you; the Ten Commandments are important because they also are the first example of a set of laws that were the ultimate source of authority of a nation, higher even than the King.

Suppsoedly this is a chief hall mark of our own system of laws, that even our chief executive falls under them, nit wit.

The Ten Commandments were a foundational document to the laws of Western Europe.

actually our form of government is a common law government. and comes from the magna carta and SECULAR political philosophy, dumbass.

and again, the founders didn't want the puritan psychos infecting our government with their extreme beliefs.

thank G-d we have a secular government and a court that still keeps it that way

actually our form of government is a common law government. and comes from the magna carta and SECULAR political philosophy, dumbass.

and again, the founders didn't want the puritan psychos infecting our government with their extreme beliefs.

You should read the Declaration of Independence...The FF, despite being well read in the Torah and NT, recognized the fact that in order for a nation to survive and, yes prosper, all humans must respected and protected.

You should read the Declaration of Independence...The FF, despite being well read in the Torah and NT, recognized the fact that in order for a nation to survive and, yes prosper, all humans must respected and protected.

1. The Declaration of Independence is not enforceable law although it is a foundational document. If it were, we wouldn't still be discussing equal rights for all

the founding fathers were mostly deists. having religious beliefs does not mean you want those rights imposed on others. and they were certainly against a nationally supported religion.

me? no offense.... I'm safer when we don't have a "christian" or any other *ian* country. history tells us that theocracies are not healthy places for those who aren't of the majority religion

1. The Declaration of Independence is not enforceable law although it is a foundational document. If it were, we wouldn't still be discussing equal rights for all

the founding fathers were mostly deists. having religious beliefs does not mean you want those rights imposed on others. and they were certainly against a nationally supported religion.

me? no offense.... I'm safer when we don't have a "christian" or any other *ian* country. history tells us that theocracies are not healthy places for those who aren't of the majority religion
The purpose of the Declaration was to emphasize the God given rights of individuals in any given nation and the resposibilty of that nation to protect said rights.
Do not think our Representatives write Legislation without going through a process of assays.

Forum List

Back