U.S. Senator John Kerry Being Considered For U.S. Secretary Of Defense

Navy Inspector General report on medals

In September 2004, Vice Admiral Ronald A. Route, the Navy Inspector General, completed a review of Kerry's combat medals, initiated at the request of Judicial Watch. In a memo to the Secretary of the Navy, Gordon England, Route stated:[79]
“ Our examination found that existing documentation regarding the Silver Star, Bronze Star and Purple Heart medals indicates the awards approval process was properly followed. In particular, the senior officers who awarded the medals were properly delegated authority to do so. In addition, we found that they correctly followed the procedures in place at the time for approving these awards

Conducting any additional review regarding events that took place over 30 years ago would not be productive. The passage of time would make reconstruction of the facts and circumstances unreliable, and would not allow the information gathered to be considered in the context of the time in which the events took place.

Our review also considered the fact that Senator Kerry's post-active duty activities were public and that military and civilian officials were aware of his actions at the time. For these reasons, I have determined that Senator Kerry's awards were properly approved and will take no further action in this matter.

Document release

Kerry has made his Vietnam journals and diaries available to his biographer, historian Douglas Brinkley, but has not made them otherwise publicly available. In declining to make the materials available to the Washington Post in 2004, the Kerry campaign cited an exclusivity agreement with Brinkley.[71] However, Brinkley subsequently told the paper that he interpreted the agreement as requiring only that quotations from the materials cite his book.[72]

During the 2004 campaign, Kerry released hundreds of documents related to his military service, including his reserve and discharge documents.[55]

The conservative organization Judicial Watch filed a request for Kerry's records with the Navy under the Freedom of Information Act. The Navy provided Judicial Watch with many of Kerry's service records, including those concerning the medals he received, while withholding his personnel records that were exempt from disclosure under the law (but noting that Kerry's website included documents subject to the exemption).[73]

Kerry was criticized by SBVT and some media entities for not authorizing independent public access to his privacy protected service records.[74] After the election, on May 20, 2005, he did sign a Standard Form 180 allowing full release of all his military service records,[75] including his reserve and discharge records, as well as his medical records, to the Associated Press, the Boston Globe, and the Los Angeles Times. Kerry refused a request from the New York Sun to permit the Sun's reporters to inspect the records.[76] The Boston Globe reported that the material largely duplicated what Kerry had released during the campaign, and included no "substantive new material".[77]

Asked why he had declined to sign the release earlier, Kerry responded:
“ The call for me to sign a 180 form came from the same partisan operatives who were lying about my record on a daily basis on the Web and in the right-wing media. Even though the media was discrediting them, they continued to lie. I felt strongly that we shouldn't kowtow to them and their attempts to drag their lies out

Nobody gives a shit about the medals, you stupid motherfucker.

medals you never earned you fucking coward

Senator John Kerry was on active duty in the United States Navy from August 1966 until January 1970. He continued to serve in the Naval Reserve until February 1978. Kerry lost at least five friends in the war including Yale classmate Richard Pershing, who was killed in action on February 17, 1968.

And the US Military debunks kooks like Davey the Chopper Mechanic :eusa_clap: with their lame lies and imbecilities about treason and other right wing idiocies

:badgrin:

Senator John Kerry was on active duty in the United States Navy from August 1966 until January 1970. He continued to serve in the Naval Reserve until February 1978. Kerry lost at least five friends in the war including Yale classmate Richard Pershing, who was killed in action on February 17, 1968.

And the US Military debunks kooks like Davey the Chopper Mechanic :eusa_clap: with their lame lies and imbecilities about treason and other right wing idiocies

Three points, you stupid motherfucker:

1. You never served, so you really don't need to be disparaging anyone's honorable service -- unless, of course, you're a flaming hypocrite like you.

2. I've never claimed to be a helicopter mechanic. I was 3EOX2, Electrical Power Production. I was a generator mechanic. Stupid motherfucker.

3. You keep babbling about his medals. You know, the medals I don't care about and haven't discussed.

Did I mention you're a stupid motherfucker? True story!

Oh Jesus God NO
Gee.....another KICK IN YOUR BALLS....this soon after gettin' your ass handed-to-you, with the Election, huh??????

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

Uhhh.. voted for Johnson, you ignorant troll.. knew my candidate was not going to win, but I could not vote for either of the 2 major party morons, especially an Obama\

No go take your united colors of Benetton posts, shove them up your ass and eat a bullet... you'll do the world a favor by offing yourself
he will leave Dave....recess is just about over....

Do you think it should be a defacto requirement that the head of the DoD be someone who served? I do. I also think the Secretary of Education should have spent at least some time in a classroom as an instructor.

i do too it makes sense to me....i feel a Admiral or General is who should be at that post....

And? Bush couldn't even string two sentences together without looking like a buffoon....

What does that have to do with Kerry lying?

Who says he is lying.....

I do, and I can prove it using his own words.

He said he threw away all his medals.

He also said he didn't.

It is impossible for both of those statements to be true, therefore he is lying.

Did Kerry Discard Vietnam Medals? - ABC News

kerry_bunnysuit.jpg

Secretary of Defense Kerry?
Rick Moran
11/13/12

Actually, as a Senator who voted against every major weapons system over the last 25 years, he'd be perfect for overseeing our military, don't you think?

---

How perfect is this? A defense secretary who never met a weapons system he didn't hate, and a Secretary of State who thinks the UN should run American foreign policy.

We're in good hands with Obama.

Read more: Blog: Secretary of Defense Kerry?

piedpiper08.gif

Bullshit. If kerry ever had 5 friends (doubtful) that he "lost" it was because he chickened out and demanded to be sent home early and saved himself while abandoning them. When the going got tough, kerry got going-home to Mama weeping and wailing about his Bo Bo's that almost bled.

His lies have been exposed by Congressional and military investigation.

LOL..the Loons worst nightmare...a black man in the White House and a man who actually served with distinction as Secretary of Defense..

we know you don't care about people having any honor, most of you Democrats don't

just stick a D next to their name and they are best thing to walk the earth

Last edited:
"Soldiers In Revolt" GI Resistance During the Vietnam War" (CC) - YouTube

You "conservatives" don't GET to make-up YOUR OWN HISTORY!!!!! [/CENTER]

Kerry was obviously not the only liar that served in the military. Open your eyes and ears, talk to returning veterans. You will find a very small percentage of vets that speak this crap. Don't be stupid be educated. Professor of Peace studies.....You have got to be kidding me. This David Cortright did not even serve in Vietnam. He was in the military but only served at Ft Bliss which hardly qualifies him as a spokesman for the combat veterans of Vietnam or the wars of today. He doesn't have anymore knowledge of what went on than you do.

I am sorry but I just can't get this title of Professor of peace out of my mind. What kind of courses do you take to become a professor of peace studies?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back