U.S. Response to Chemical Weapons Attack In Syria.

Russia can get to the Med via the Black Sea...........but it has a major choke point near Turkey..........In a War their fleet in the Black Sea can be choked off with no access to the Med...............

Russia wants the Ukraine because of it's ports on the Black Sea..............Ukraine is strategic to them just as Syria is also.

Black Sea Fleet - Wikipedia
The Black Sea Fleet's official primary headquarters and facilities are located in the city of Sevastopol, which is de jure part of Ukraine but de facto part of Russia (see Annexation of Crimea by the Russian Federation). The remainder of the fleet's facilities are based in various locations on the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov, including Krasnodar Krai, Rostov Oblast and Crimea. The current commander is Admiral Aleksandr Viktorovich Vitko, who has held the position since April 2013.
Russia can get to the Med via the Black Sea...........but it has a major choke point near Turkey..........In a War their fleet in the Black Sea can be choked off with no access to the Med...............

Russia wants the Ukraine because of it's ports on the Black Sea..............Ukraine is strategic to them just as Syria is also.
Okay.....But this thread is about Syria and the conflict taking place there. Is there some connection you have in mind to make between the Ukraine, the Black Sea and the conflict in Syria? I'm certainly interested to know what be the correlation you think extant for I really don't know what it might be.
Cutting off Strategic Naval Base against Russia. Ukraine is also Strategic to the Russians. It is about Warm Water Ports and access to the Med, a place where NATO has a distinct advantage.
anigif_enhanced-26912-1405539127-21.gif

The first thing the U.S. should do before launching missiles is to see if it even happened! But here's the thing. The U.S. shouldn't do anything to begin with! Also, it is said that the Assad regime used chlorine gas. What the U.S. should do is send them some VX gas! There are those out there who would say that the rebels are worthless scum anyway for fighting then hiding behind their women and children. And deserve to be gassed!
There is one simple solution for the rebels over there. Ask the Assad regime for an amnesty. (Overseen by the U.N.) In exchange for ending their rebellion. But that solution wouldn't make American arms dealers very much money. And we would lose a big distraction to other more important problems.
Are you Russian?
Why would you ask that. Did I say anything that you think is untrue? But to answer your question. I am a White American. And I come from a long line of Americans.

Dont mind the commie.....
Do commies serve for 20 years in the US military?

The first thing the U.S. should do before launching missiles is to see if it even happened! But here's the thing. The U.S. shouldn't do anything to begin with! Also, it is said that the Assad regime used chlorine gas. What the U.S. should do is send them some VX gas! There are those out there who would say that the rebels are worthless scum anyway for fighting then hiding behind their women and children. And deserve to be gassed!
There is one simple solution for the rebels over there. Ask the Assad regime for an amnesty. (Overseen by the U.N.) In exchange for ending their rebellion. But that solution wouldn't make American arms dealers very much money. And we would lose a big distraction to other more important problems.
Are you Russian?
Why would you ask that. Did I say anything that you think is untrue? But to answer your question. I am a White American. And I come from a long line of Americans.

Serving in the military doesnt make someone a patriot.

Are you Russian?

In the military there is an old saying.

Salute the rank and not necessarily the person.

1. The rebels aren't going to ask for that because what they want is Assad gone.
  2. The U.S.' interest in Syria, despite the fact that it's not in the forefront of the news, is the prospect of getting Russia out of it and thus, most importantly, out of the Mediterranean. Without its base in Syria, a base it can maintain because of its alliance with Assad, this is how Russia would have to get its navy to the Eastern Mediterranean and Middle East (via the Suez):

398641D500000578-3851044-image-a-1_1476948072788.jpg

Absent Syria, here are Russia's naval ports:

MS-2016-russian-arctic-bases-map.png

Contrast that with the U.S. navy bases and/or allied based around the Mediterranean:

Russia is fighting in Syria to retain its presence on the Mediterranean. They'd happily leave Assad to his own fate were they to receive assurances from the rebels that Russia could keep it's naval operations in Syria. Russia doesn't "like" Assad; it likes that he's letting them maintain and expand their military presence there.

As for the civil war between Assad and the Rebels, well, that is what it is -- a civil war. The U.S., Russia and others can take whatever moral high ground they want/will, but the domestic grievances that catalyzed the civil war are merely rhetorical/political foils and feints. Massacred his own people, used chemical weapons, ISIS is there or not...those all are merely distractions from the real deal that concerns the U.S. and Russia.

The real battle there is the one pertaining to the Middle East's balance of power. One need only look at a map to see it.

middle_east_map.gif

And looking at what is at stake for Russia should Assad fall and the U.S. backed rebels prevail, it becomes clear why Putin wants to foment political unrest among the American polity:
  • Putin wanted Trump to win because Trump's an utter novice who lies at the drop of a hat about anything and who's riven with nationalism, emotionalism, populism and race-based stupid-shit that Trump has no better sense than to air publicly, thereby making it clear to everyone -- most importantly U.S. allies -- that they cannot follow Trump's lead or rely on what he says.
  • Putin's disinformation campaign created an atmosphere of discord in the U.S. and produced a POTUS who, unlike any of the alternatives (Dem or Rep) is (1) clueless, (2) won't listen to the sage advice of people who have a clue, and (3) surrounds himself mostly with advisors who are every bit as clueless as he is.
  • Putin managed to create in the U.S. enough discord that Trump's ability (politically) to do much is hamstrung by the doubts about his intellect and integrity.

One of the sillier posts here. Russia’s naval lease in Syria dates back to the Soviet days. It was never much and is less now. It depends on floating piers which can handle two very small boats at a time
And the map is a lie or perhaps you simply misrepresented it. Russia has access to the Mediterranean through its huge Black Sea establishment. They have only rarely used Syria except as a token for political purposes ...a single ship docks occasionally so they can brag they have an overseas port.
Maybe that is some of the reason the Obama administration set the Mideast and Ukraine on fire. An inept attempt to contain Russia in the Mediterranean and Black Sea.
Fail.

Last edited:
Are you Russian?

I think serving in the military does make someone a patriot more than someone who didn't serve. Infused in the word patriot is the
willingness to take up arms in defense of this nation against all enemies both foreign and domestic. Yet, the Constitution provides for thr patriots to peacefully assemble in protest to petition the government in seeking redress of grievances.

Are you Russian?

In the military there is an old saying.

Salute the rank and not necessarily the person.

Draft dodgers and cowards don't get to salute. Especially if they are white. Blacks who don't serve have some justification for not doing so. I don't hold them to the same standards for obvious reasons when it comes to serving in the military. I served along with thousands of other brothers and I have no regrets. I was able to be all i could be while serving with out regard to racial restrictions.
Civilian life wasn't so great when i went in and i came out a better far more educated nan.

Are you Russian?

I think serving in the military does make someone a patriot more than someone who didn't serve. Infused in the word patriot is the
willingness to take up arms in defense of this nation against all enemies both foreign and domestic. Yet, the Constitution provides for thr patriots to peacefully assemble in protest to petition the government in seeking redress of grievances.

Or a way to go to college.

Are you Russian?
Are you a bigot?
I can give you the answer in 100 pages. Any other answer would be a waste of time. If you think you are up to it, download the book you will find at this link. filehosting.org | Download | THE TRUTH, UNFORBIDDEN!.pdf
Your pushing that book on the wrong thread...............I don't download stuff that people push........might be a dang virus producing download.
Don't make up excuses if you prefer the kind of "truth" that is forbidden. Also, I don't think filehosting would host a file with a virus. Another thing is that there are plenty of free antivirus programs that would block anything with a virus. Don't you have one? Also, many people have old computers laying around. All you would need to do is download it on that and see how things work out.

Are you Russian?
Are you a bigot?
I can give you the answer in 100 pages. Any other answer would be a waste of time. If you think you are up to it, download the book you will find at this link. filehosting.org | Download | THE TRUTH, UNFORBIDDEN!.pdf
Your pushing that book on the wrong thread...............I don't download stuff that people push........might be a dang virus producing download.
Don't make up excuses if you prefer the kind of "truth" that is forbidden. Also, I don't think filehosting would host a file with a virus. Another thing is that there are plenty of free antivirus programs that would block anything with a virus. Don't you have one? Also, many people have old computers laying around. All you would need to do is download it on that and see how things work out.
I have virus protection, but still just don't download anything...............and it was in the wrong thread..............My opinion.....

Our President will send a missile attack against Syria....maybe, when he gets around to it

Are you Russian?
Are you a bigot?
Please stay relevant....Are you and the op Russian hackesr/agents acting as apologists for Assad?
Apologists?! We helped get rid of Libya's "dictator." Now the place is a festering pile of shit that makes a good home for Al Qaida and ISIS. We got rid of Iraq's "dictator." That place is in even worse shape. Egypt got rid of its "dictator." That led to civil unrest and the military taking over. Fu*k Syria. And fook anybody who wants to get involved over there.

Our President will send a missile attack against Syria....maybe, when he gets around to it
Nice one liner.........

Now how does the U.S. gain anything if we take out Assad..................You plan on moving there..............Everyone seems to want it so bad.......Must be prime real estate or something...........

Enjoy.

it is said that the Assad regime used chlorine gas. What the U.S. should do is send them some VX gas!
Oh, lord! Yet another new member whose reasoning and argumentation skills are dreadful....

Two wrongs don't make right, not ethically and certainly not logically.
Fu*k your "ethics." And the horse they ride in on. You couldn't tell right from wrong if your life depended on it.

1. The rebels aren't going to ask for that because what they want is Assad gone.
  2. The U.S.' interest in Syria, despite the fact that it's not in the forefront of the news, is the prospect of getting Russia out of it and thus, most importantly, out of the Mediterranean. Without its base in Syria, a base it can maintain because of its alliance with Assad, this is how Russia would have to get its navy to the Eastern Mediterranean and Middle East (via the Suez):

Contrast that with the U.S. navy bases and/or allied based around the Mediterranean:

Russia is fighting in Syria to retain its presence on the Mediterranean. They'd happily leave Assad to his own fate were they to receive assurances from the rebels that Russia could keep it's naval operations in Syria. Russia doesn't "like" Assad; it likes that he's letting them maintain and expand their military presence there.

As for the civil war between Assad and the Rebels, well, that is what it is -- a civil war. The U.S., Russia and others can take whatever moral high ground they want/will, but the domestic grievances that catalyzed the civil war are merely rhetorical/political foils and feints. Massacred his own people, used chemical weapons, ISIS is there or not...those all are merely distractions from the real deal that concerns the U.S. and Russia.

The real battle there is the one pertaining to the Middle East's balance of power. One need only look at a map to see it.

middle_east_map.gif

And looking at what is at stake for Russia should Assad fall and the U.S. backed rebels prevail, it becomes clear why Putin wants to foment political unrest among the American polity:
  • Putin wanted Trump to win because Trump's an utter novice who lies at the drop of a hat about anything and who's riven with nationalism, emotionalism, populism and race-based stupid-shit that Trump has no better sense than to air publicly, thereby making it clear to everyone -- most importantly U.S. allies -- that they cannot follow Trump's lead or rely on what he says.
  • Putin's disinformation campaign created an atmosphere of discord in the U.S. and produced a POTUS who, unlike any of the alternatives (Dem or Rep) is (1) clueless, (2) won't listen to the sage advice of people who have a clue, and (3) surrounds himself mostly with advisors who are every bit as clueless as he is.
  • Putin managed to create in the U.S. enough discord that Trump's ability (politically) to do much is hamstrung by the doubts about his intellect and integrity.
What a load of BS. The Black Sea connects to the Mediterranean. So the ruskies don't really need Syria. Also, what would be worse. The Russians having a base there or yet another BS "democratic" muslim state where Al Qaida and ISIS can freely hang out.
Another thing is what if tomorrow Assad and the Russians decided to leave. Do you think all the muslim scum "refugees" that went to Europe would go back to Syria? I think the whole thing is a set up to heard excess Syrian muslim sleaze bags into Europe.

middle_east_map.gif

One of the sillier posts here. Russia’s naval lease in Syria dates back to the Soviet days. It was never much and is less now. It depends on floating piers which can handle two very small boats at a time
And the map is a lie or perhaps you simply misrepresented it. Russia has access to the Mediterranean through its huge Black Sea establishment. They have only rarely used Syria except as a token for political purposes ...a single ship docks occasionally so they can brag they have an overseas port.
Maybe that is some of the reason the Obama administration set the Mideast and Ukraine on fire. An inept attempt to contain Russia in the Mediterranean and Black Sea.
Fail.
You should not respond to things about which you lack portfolio. Keep reading.

Russia’s naval lease in Syria dates back to the Soviet days.
When the agreement dates to is irrelevant with regard to it's current role and strategic value to Russia.

It was never much and is less now.
Try again. Though I have no idea of what it used to be, I didn't remark upon what it used to be. Whatever it used to be, it's clearly more, not less, than that now.
They have only rarely used Syria except as a token for political purposes ...a single ship docks occasionally so they can brag they have an overseas port.
I used to have no grey hair.

That port's former status and usage profile and what it is now are clearly two different things.

upload_2018-4-13_18-40-4.png

middle_east_map.gif

What a load of BS. The Black Sea connects to the Mediterranean. So the ruskies don't really need Syria. Also, what would be worse. The Russians having a base there or yet another BS "democratic" muslim state where Al Qaida and ISIS can freely hang out.
Another thing is what if tomorrow Assad and the Russians decided to leave. Do you think all the muslim scum "refugees" that went to Europe would go back to Syria? I think the whole thing is a set up to heard excess Syrian muslim sleaze bags into Europe.

giphy.gif

What a load of BS. The Black Sea connects to the Mediterranean. So the ruskies don't really need Syria.
Really? Load of BS? You have no f*cking clue of what you are writing about, yet you keep typing!

Clearly the concept of "bottleneck" is well over your head.

Look at the map.

89854-004-CF6E91E8.gif

Do you know what the word "strait" means? That little gap in the land on the western side of the Black Sea is called the "Bosphorus Strait." After existing it, one sees further west another strait. That one is called the "Dardanelles Strait," and it opens onto the Aegean Sea.

64725-004-13658DE0.jpg

hormuz-3.jpg

This is the Bosphorus Strait, the passage through which vessels must travel to get from the Black sea to the Sea of Marmara. I know what it looks like on a map, but below is what it really looks like.

Bosphorus-1.jpg

2011_05_10_9999_102.jpg

vts5-gb.jpg

vts6-gb.jpg

bosphore2.jpg

Consider a situation in which the U.S. and its allies are in an armed conflict with Russia.
  • RE: the Bosphorus:
    • How wide is it? ~700 - ~3300 meters.
    • How deep is it? ~30 - ~120 meters.
    • What city sits on both sides of that passage? Istanbul.
    • What country is that city part of? Turkey.
    • With what nation -- U.S. or Russia -- is that country allied? The U.S.
    • Are Turkey and Russia on the same side in Syria? No.
    • How useful do you think the effing Bosphorous would be to Russian boats in such a conflict?
    • How closely do you think the Bosphorus is monitored even in peacetime?
    • Do Turkey and the U.S. have military forces in or near Istanbul? Yes.
  • Ask yourself the same questions with regard to the remaining straits in the Black Sea-Mediterranean system.

canakkale-dardanelles-strait-map.jpg

• Do you not realize the context of Russia's interest isn't simple trade and sending freighters in and out of the Mediterranean?
  • Just what do you think is the strategic position of the Russian navy in the Mediterranean if it is forced to use the Black Sea route, or the "long way around via the Atlantic and entering via Gibraltar?
  • How many Russian boats do you think would get through the Bosphorus or the Dardanelles unnoticed?
    • What about once they get to Aegean? How safe would a Russian navy captain feel there?
  • Do you think that, in a conflict, the U.S. lacks the ability to literally deny Russia not only trade-related use of the Turkish straits, but also military use?
What a load of BS.
The load of BS is quite literally between your ears!

The straits are a choke point............easy to cut off and blockade...........Why Syria is important. Even with that the Russians have a serious disadvantage in the Med. Gibralta being another choke point........Suez canal another.

Russian Navy really doesn't have a chance in hell of winning a Naval War in the Med.

GIUK gap.............maybe.............but that is the defensive line in the North Atlantic.

You should not respond to things about which you lack portfolio. Keep reading.

Minister without Portfolio at USMB!!!! LOL

You loaded so much bullshit in that post I literally could not get the quote function to work.

Thats ok. To sum it up...Barrack Hussein and his globalist, atheist, warmongerng amateurs attacked and tried to dismember Ukraine, Syria and the rest of the middle east. They hoped ISIS would finish it off but they were too inept for even that. Like your navy admiral skills. They need an excuse and you need to be led.

You grabbed some maps off the internet, became a naval expert and then made a fool of yourself. For example you first claim is reproduced here...

suez2.png

Then you put up an unrelated map of Arctic bases which Russia is fortifying from an article in the left wing business press. This map shows the massive scale of Russia's planned fortification of the Arctic

You quoted, as evidence, Sputnik News as to the huge brilliant treaties Russia has won from Syrian for ports. What are you a russian troll?

By the way the Admiral Kuznetsov, which route you show for some reason, successfully entered the Mediterranean with no problem three separate times recently and used the bases SPAIN provides to refuel and resupply. As Aleppo Burns, Spain Resupplies The Russian Navy | HuffPost

If you want to say the US attacked and destroyed Syria, built ISIS, sent waves of refugees fleeing around the world and killed 300,000 civilians to keep a two ship third world port out of Russian hands why dont you just say that?

Well.........Syria is being hit as we type. Too early to tell how much damage they intend to inflict.......

Looks like multiple attacks are underway.

Forum List

Back