U.S. Marine kills wounded insurgent Petition

I think I read about this in worldnetdaily.com

Since I've never been in the military I don't know what kind of stress is involved when going into situations like this. Even with training I don't know how someone can be ready for street by street fighting.

I'm not sure how I feel about what happened.

Take your pick:

Google keywords: Marine kills insurgent

There's plenty out there

Trigg said:

Since I've never been in the military I don't know what kind of stress is involved when going into situations like this. Even with training I don't know how someone can be ready for street by street fighting.

I'm not sure either, yet I was a service member and a veteran of war, so
I would want the complete facts before I would sign. The rules of engagement
can be overlooked from time to time.

Trigg said:

If you were armed with a weapon, thought you and three of your friends were going to be killed by someone 10 feet away and you only had 0.001 seconds to react...what would you do?

I know what I would do. :firing:

If you're still unsure take trip down to the local VFW post and talk to some of the folks there about it.

He did no wrong and war ain't pretty.

drowe said:
If you were armed with a weapon, thought you and three of your friends were going to be killed by someone 10 feet away and you only had 0.001 seconds to react...what would you do?

I know what I would do. :firing:

If your still unsure take trip down to the local VFW post and talk to some of the folks there about it.

He did no wrong and war ain't pretty.
I know this as well as any, just a few facts missing..that's all.
Did the victim (I'll call him this for lack of a better word) even have a weapon?

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Did the victim (I'll call him this for lack of a better word) even have a weapon?

Doesn't matter. The question is did the Marine have reason to fear that some sort of an attack might be perpetrated by the terrorist. If the answer is yes - even a very shaky yes, then his actions were appropriate.

Insurgents have booby trapped bodies and they have used white surrender flags to trick our soldiers into ambush. These swine do not play by the rules. Therefore no one should bitch when our guys take whatever measures they deem appropriate to protect themselves from any attack - be it real or perceived.

I don't give a hoot if this terrorist didn't have so much as a rock in his pocket. The Marine had to decide if his movements were an attempt to arm a hidden explosive device which might have wiped out the entire squad. The actions of the Marine were entirely appropriate.

Rule #1 of staying alive in a war is shoot first and ask questions later. I'm glad to see our guys aren't jepoardizing their own lives any more than they have to. If that means we shoot a few unarmed terrorists here and there, well that's just fine by me.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I'm sure we'll hear about it from the obligatory investigation as well as the severity and/or verification of the existence of the terrorist’s (my preferred word) “alleged” previous non-fatal wounds.

However, if the Marine were to take the time to confirm whether or not he was armed, they all could have been killed. This is the issue overlooked by many since not everybody has been in the military or this kind of situation. Any Marine would have done the same.

I know it seems brutal but we are fighting a war...not playing badminton.

drowe said:
I'm sure we'll hear about it from the obligatory investigation as well as the severity and/or verification of the existence of the terrorist’s (my preferred word) “alleged” previous non-fatal wounds.

However, if the Marine were to take the time to confirm whether or not he was armed, they all could have been killed. This is the issue overlooked by many since not everybody has been in the military or this kind of situation. Any Marine would have done the same.

I know it seems brutal but we are fighting a war...not playing badminton.
No a Marine as well as an Army grunt would make sure "the alleged"(thank you)
was NOT armed and comunicate... That's what I did anyway!

JOKER96BRAVO said:
No a Marine as well as an Army grunt would make sure "the alleged"(thank you)
was NOT armed and comunicate... That's what I did anyway!
Those Marines as well as those Army grunts are the ones that got dead from checking "the alleged" (you're welcome) dead bodies that were booby trapped in the days prior.

Double-Tapping...That's what I did!

At least we agree on Fried Turkey though Joker! :beer:

drowe said:
Those Marines as well as those Army grunts are the ones that got dead from checking "the alleged" (you're welcome) dead bodies that were booby trapped in the days prior.

Double-Tapping...That's what I did!

At least we agree on Fried Turkey though Joker! :beer:
You got a point, I'm not saying it's not the best thing to do.
Just easier to stay outta trouble if you follow protocol.
Protocol vs staying allive... An uneasy choice to make for some.
I guess I got lucky.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
You got a point, I'm not saying it's not the best thing to do.
Just easier to stay outta trouble if you follow protocol.
Protocol vs staying allive... An uneasy choice to make for some.
I guess I got lucky.

Protocol is another word for politically correct. It will get you killed everytime. In that sort of combat situation you never, never, never check things out and try to communicate.

Much of the media and the liberals are looking at this fighting like a police raid on a drug house. Thats is nothing like whats really going on there. Its a war situation and all the niceities of law enforcement are not what is used in that situation. Those Marines were not there to arrest the terrorist. They were clearing out an enemy position.

Personally I can't see anyone thats been in actual combat, questioning the Marines actions. If you perceive any kind of potential threat you take action with deadly force.

drowe said:
Please distribute this far and wide:

Help The Marine

61274 Total Signatures so far!

Yeah I saw the clip of the Marine pluggin' the fucker on the floor, and the only part of it that disturbed me was, he didn't piss down in the hole he just put in the piece of shit.

Fuck all them people, and the camel they rode in on. :firing:

drowe said:
Please distribute this far and wide:

Help The Marine

61274 Total Signatures so far!
Now there are 71595 total signatures.

Pale Rider - please look at who you are taking rep points from before you do it, this the second time you fragged me for agreeing with you. :mad:

drowe said:
Now there are 71595 total signatures.

Pale Rider - please look at who you are taking rep points from before you do it, this the second time you fragged me for agreeing with you. :mad:

Hey drowe, I tried to PM you and tell you that I jumped ahead of myself and made a mistake here with what you posted, but your mail box here is FULL! So hey, I'm sorry for nicken' ya, and I'll make it back up to you for sure.

Marine Kills Insurgent............Isn't that what they're supposed to do? Not his fault that the dumbass insurgent came to the fight without his weapon. Also not his fault that he hadn't been briefed in about the guy being checked once already. If the insurgents would quit trying to bushwack the Marines,maybe the Marines would be more inclined to talk first and shoot second. Until that time though, shoot first ask questions later seems to be a prudent policy to me.

I watched the whole film and noticed that the terrorist that held his hands up and surrendered didn't get shot . This Marine has a responsebility to himself and to his comrades to think safety first . Helping the wounded asswipes that were shooting at him seconds before is way down on the things to do list . I back his actions 100% .
I think that the embedded reporters should step up to the plate and offer to go ahead of our guys and check the terrorist that play dead to make sure they aren't laying on a booby trap , or maybe Sean Penn or Michael Moore could volunteer to do this easy "humanitarian" job . :blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

Forum List

Back