U.S. Formally Ends War In Afghanistan

NNBl 10445038
Okay. They never voted against it.

There was no resolution with the option for military invasion and occupation to be voted for or against. Bush and Blair wrote and began curculating a draft resolution on around March 8 2003 giving the council ten days to find Iraq in full compliance or authorize war. The majority favored letting inspections continue - war was not necessary - so the Bush/Blair draft resolution was withdrawn and not voted upon. Peaceful inspection remained UNSC policy - not war. You are still wrong and grossly misinformed.

You know, I really don't care about the UN. they're useless.

NNBl 10445038
Okay. They never voted against it.

There was no resolution with the option for military invasion and occupation to be voted for or against. Bush and Blair wrote and began curculating a draft resolution on around March 8 2003 giving the council ten days to find Iraq in full compliance or authorize war. The majority favored letting inspections continue - war was not necessary - so the Bush/Blair draft resolution was withdrawn and not voted upon. Peaceful inspection remained UNSC policy - not war. You are still wrong and grossly misinformed.

Name the last two wars they lost? Oh right, that was us.

NNBl 10445604

In March 2003 the UN was a few months away from reaching the very same conclusion about the existence of WMD in Iraq that Bush reached in about one in half years. There were none. The major difference is the UN does it without anyone dying or being maimed and the US taxpayer forking over at at least a trillion dollars plus removing resources from justified war in Afghanistan.

You think saving 4484 US military lives is useless had the UN been left to finish their work? Go ahead and think it. The only thing truly useless is your thinking process.

GW's well-intentioned, if unrealistic, goal was to create a new kind of Arab democracy that could serve as a model to break the unending conflicts in that region.

That was not the reason, goal or military objective given to Congress when the Bush Administration asked for the authority to use whatever amount of military force deemed necessary to compel Iraq to become in compliance with its disarmament obligations to the UN.

There does not exist a plausible pre-invasion argument that creating a new kind of Arab democracy could serve as a model to break the cycle of conflict in that part of the world. So Bush's "well intentions" based on that notoriously faked "noble" goal should be dismissed and never repeated as genuine or realistic. It deserves no respect or acceptance.

Hillary Clinton: No regret on Iraq vote

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said she is not sorry she voted for a resolution authorizing President Bush to take military action in Iraq despite the recent problems there but she does regret "the way the president used the authority."
"I don't understand how they had such an unrealistic view of what was going to happen."

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said she is not sorry she voted for a resolution authorizing President Bush to take military action in Iraq despite the recent problems there but she does regret "the way the president used the authority."
"I don't understand how they had such an unrealistic view of what was going to happen."
Who could possibly believe anything she says??
Hillary Clinton opposed Iraq surge for political reasons Gates says in memoir TheHill

Who could possibly believe anything she says??
Hillary Clinton opposed Iraq surge for political reasons Gates says in memoir TheHill
Somebody might bring up the fact that if she had such a realistic view of what was going to happen, then why didn't she mention it, and why did she vote for Bush's authorization.

NF 10444355
So are you saying that those record millions that defied the Taliban by voting in a new government, and the 300,000 Afghan Army and Police and the 10,000 remaining US troops should surrender and turn the country over to the Taliban because they are going to take over again soon anyway? Or should we continue to support those 300,000 Afghans in the Army and Police who are engaged in the fight?

BH 10444430
I'm saying when the U.S. is no longer taking the lead in combat missions and finally leave that is a very real possibility. Look what happened with the Iraqi army and police force when we left they collapsed when ISIS hit them.

Why should we trust your judgment after you blew it on the "Baghdad is Imploding" thread?

Peach 9603618
; ISIS not there.

BH 9603639
Not yet give them time.

And you point out that "Look what happened with the Iraqi army and police force when we left they collapsed when ISIS hit them". But I have pointed out that the Iraqi army had not been truly tested until DAIISH hit them last June. The ANA and ANP have been tested for nearly two years now in all the areas were responsibility for security has been handed to them.

And you didn't answer my question (post 10444355 )on whether you want the Afghans to surrender and turn the country over to the Taliban or not surrender as we continue to support the millions of good people of Afghanistan and those 300,000 Afghans in the Army and Police who are engaged in the fight. Why don't you want to offer your position on that?

BB 10435031.01
The truth is there was tremendous pressure as Iraq worked to undermine sanctions and return to their WMD program.

What do you mean by 'working to return to their WMD program'? Is that what put pressure on Bush to invade Iraq no later than March 20, 2003? Think about it? Did Bush have evidence on that prior to the invasion?

The war in Afghanistan, fought for 13 bloody years and still raging, came to a formal end Sunday.

The Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts, taken together, will be the most expensive wars in US history—totaling somewhere between $4 trillion and $6 trillion. Every hour, taxpayers in the United States paid $10.17 million for Cost of War in Afghanistan since 2001. So, what did we accomplish?
Someone should tell the troops who are still there fighting.

The war in Afghanistan, fought for 13 bloody years and still raging, came to a formal end Sunday.

The Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts, taken together, will be the most expensive wars in US history—totaling somewhere between $4 trillion and $6 trillion. Every hour, taxpayers in the United States paid $10.17 million for Cost of War in Afghanistan since 2001. So, what did we accomplish?
Someone should tell the troops who are still there fighting.

My cousin in in the national guard and is stationed there. Just left a few weeks ago. Inside info there.

Re: "Taliban control large areas of the country" Being Debunked

BB 10451924
The Taliban control large areas of the country and have the loyalty of a large part of the population. What could possibly go wrong?

Where are the "large areas of the country" that the Taliban Control Rabbi? I can back up what I've written in post 10434384 shown here:

NF 10434384.01
The Taliban were in power in Kabul and all the rest of Afghanistan as well as being joined with Pakistani Taliban and al Qaeda in the ungoverned territories in Pakistan on the Afghan border. They control very little territory now and have very little capability to launch and sustain major attacks on government forces.

Can you back your claim up by providing any verifiable and reliable data or reports as to what those 'large areas' are and what you mean by 'control'? I expect you will run from this request as you have run from so many requests before this. Surprise us.

Re: “positioning troops overseas and building up logistics made Iraq invasion inevitable”

BB 10435031.01
The truth is there was tremendous pressure as Iraq worked to undermine sanctions and return to their WMD program.

Tell me Rabbi if you agree that there was pressure on Bush to invade Iraq when he did because of this:

Once we started positioning troops overseas and building up logistics it was too late to halt the inevitable, especially since it was Bush's decision. Congress had put the decision completely in his hands, he had moved the troops over, and nothing short of an outright surrender was going to prevent the war by this time. xt16372111.01

In other words Rabbi, the pressure to invade was self-induced by Bush. It was not a response to anything Saddam Hussein actually did or did not do.

Forum List

Back