U.S. approves first prescription drug made from marijuana

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
U.S. approves first prescription drug made from marijuana - The Cannabist
WASHINGTON — U.S. health regulators on Monday approved the first prescription drug made from marijuana, a milestone that could spur more research into a drug that remains illegal under federal law, despite growing legalization for recreational and medical use.

Pot has always had medical benifits using it. The Gov. had to keep the public dumbed down about it because there was to much money to be made within the system from local levels to federal and all the war on drugs did was create a money generators for politicians who used " SAVE THE CHILDREN". war on drugs scam to guilt trip sheep into falling for it all.

Just like they use the " save the children" line for anything else they want passed as the clueless public doesn't realize how any laws passed spills over into everybody's life of so called FREEDOM.

I've heard the prescription drug made from pot is less effective than CBD oil. I hope that's wrong.

Pot like many things has its good and bad sides. Glad to hear the news about the prescription drug being improved. Know users who swear by CBD oil. Hopefully as marijuana is used more for its good medical traits we'll have capitalism take its natural course. For sake of profitability commercial growers will produce yields that emphasis the good and eliminate the bad.

I've heard the prescription drug made from pot is less effective than CBD oil. I hope that's wrong.
Why?

More effective is better.
Why do you want the prescription drug to be the better option?
I suspect doctors will be more likely to prescribe the prescription drug than CBD oil because of more regulated and precise manufacturing controls as well as the large amount of documentation that was needed for approval. Prescribing a less effective option would be a shame for the people who need it for a normal life.

I'm more concerned about big pharma wrapping their dirty little paws around any possible future federal legislation in this area........ Can't have big pharma not making billions off of it at the expense of everyone else now can we..... :eusa_whistle:

I'm more concerned about big pharma wrapping their dirty little paws around any possible future federal legislation in this area........ Can't have big pharma not making billions off of it at the expense of everyone else now can we..... :eusa_whistle:
How else could politicians increase their income if not for big pharma?

Big pharma will always get lots more than their share, and that sucks, I guess I'm concentrating on getting needed medicine to people who need it now in the quickest and most effective way. All the other considerations are important too, but don't matter if a kid who needs the medicine can't get it.

Why?

I suspect doctors will be more likely to prescribe the prescription drug than CBD oil because of more regulated and precise manufacturing controls as well as the large amount of documentation that was needed for approval. Prescribing a less effective option would be a shame for the people who need it for a normal life.
But CBD oil is legal. You dont need a prescription. You can order it online, buy from vape shops and even some convenient stores.
Fuck Big Pharma

Why?

But CBD oil is legal. You dont need a prescription. You can order it online, buy from vape shops and even some convenient stores.
Fuck Big Pharma

Which do you think a doctor will prescribe? An approved drug that has defined and regulated method of production, precise dosages, a book full of studies showing the drug is safe and effective, or a package of cookies sold by this guy?
sub-buzz-24800-1478801173-6.png

Fuck Big Pharma

Which do you think a doctor will prescribe? An approved drug that has defined and regulated method of production, precise dosages, a book full of studies showing the drug is safe and effective, or a package of cookies sold by this guy?
Again, CBD oil is purchased over the counter. You dont need a prescription.

Fuck Big Pharma

You do if you need insurance or medicare to pay for it, or if you need a hospital or care facility to administer it to you.

Fuck Big Pharma

You do if you need insurance or medicare to pay for it, or if you need a hospital or care facility to administer it to you.
administer it? Lol you can get candy, liquid to drink, vape..

I reckon thats a good point overall, though.
I also just read cbd oil is illegal in texas..

Fuck Big Pharma

administer it? Lol you can get candy, liquid to drink, vape..

I reckon thats a good point overall, though.
I also just read cbd oil is illegal in texas..

To have it be considered a real medicine, it's got to meet all the standards and be presented with the respectability of a real medicine. Snoop Dogg's face on the label just won't get it. I never said I think that is right------just that that is the way it is.

But even back in the '90s there was a THC pill called Marinol. But they were extremely expensive and it took a shitload of medical/legal bureaucracy to get ahold of. The reason why smoking pot is a far more practical anti-nauseant (besides being cheap & easy to requisition almost anywhere in the country) is because if you have any medical condition that involves regular vomiting, you can't hold any THC pill in your stomach long enough to take effect. So actually smoking pot is the perfect anti-emetic that stops regular vomiting (I know from experience). THC does a wonderful just of stopping puking/nausea, but you need it in your system a while for the full benefit.

Forum List

Back