U.S. added 292,000 jobs in December; unemployment rate steady at 5 percent

Yeah that 90+ million out of the workforce doesn't mean a thing does it?
Anyone who uses that number is a dishonest fool.

Anyone that thinks the unemployment rate is 5% is a dishonest fool. It's clear you're yet another Obama apologist and to be honest I'm sick of you ignorant fools. You're too stupid to live and what ails this nation
The UE is 5%.
Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

You're a dupe....run along now. I'm weary of people that are incapable of thinking for themselves
Yes, BLS data is false because...?

What part of run along are you missing? Look pal I deal in economics everyday, your little 5% number is BULLSHIT, nothing more and nothing less. Go bother someone who buys into your elementary knowledge of US economics and stats, I'm not interested

Anyone that thinks the unemployment rate is 5% is a dishonest fool. It's clear you're yet another Obama apologist and to be honest I'm sick of you ignorant fools. You're too stupid to live and what ails this nation
The UE is 5%.

You're a dupe....run along now. I'm weary of people that are incapable of thinking for themselves

What part of run along are you missing? Look pal I deal in economics everyday, your little 5% number is BULLSHIT, nothing more and nothing less. Go bother someone who buys into your elementary knowledge of US economics and stats, I'm not interested
... What?
You expect me to believe some random person on the internet, a clear partisan hack, knows some "secret" about the unemployment rate? You're trying to tell me the BLS is in on some grand conspiracy?

The UE is 5%.

What part of run along are you missing? Look pal I deal in economics everyday, your little 5% number is BULLSHIT, nothing more and nothing less.
And yet you can't back up that claim. In what way does 5% not accurately represent the number of people available and actively looking for work or on temporary layoff (unemployed) as a percent of the unemployed plus those working or temporarily absent from a job?

Go bother someone who buys into your elementary knowledge of US economics and stats, I'm not interested
My knowledge is quite advanced as I dealt with these numbers and the methodology for over a decade.

It is time to revise the Great Depression. We were doing quite well the whole time because we were creating jobs during the 1930s.

Putting aside your partisan cherry-picking, we're not doing "quite well." The U-6 unemployment rate, which gives a more complete picture than the U-3, is at 9.9%, up from the October rate of 9.8%, and the labor force participation rate is lower than it was in the first quarter of last year. Also, thanks to Obama's latest spending spree, the deficit is now rising again, after decreasing for the last couple years thanks largely to the sequester and Republican-forced budget deals. What's more, our trade deficit is in the hundreds of billions of dollars and we're now approaching $19 trillion in debt.

So, no, we're not doing "quite well" at all. If we don't change course, we're going to end up like Greece or Spain.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Putting aside your partisan cherry-picking, we're not doing "quite well." The U-6 unemployment rate, which gives a more complete picture than the U-3, is at 9.9%, up from the October rate of 9.8%, and the labor force participation rate is lower than it was in the first quarter of last year.

:lol:

Oh, man, this desperation is hilarious! You guys try this shit every time good news for America comes out.

U-6 has been plummeting for years.

The LFPR plunge started before anyone ever heard of Obama, and its drop has been halted for almost two years.

5nvh4y.png

2d7vwxx.jpg

dylxdu.png

Last edited:
LFPR .. Unemployment .. same thing

Deficit .. Debt .. same thing

ask any RW'r ..

OH yeah, but, but Ebola.....em errr,,,,,,,,ISIS! The border. Squirrel. :lalala::lalala::lalala:

If 292,000 jobs were added...

... and the unemployment rate stayed steady...

... then that must mean 292,000 people lost their jobs as well.
Why would it mean that? "Jobs added" is the NET CHANGE...

Exactly. A steady unemployment rate means that as many people began seeking work as were added to the workforce.

If 292,000 jobs were added...

... and the unemployment rate stayed steady...

... then that must mean 292,000 people lost their jobs as well.
Why would it mean that? "Jobs added" is the NET CHANGE...

Exactly. A steady unemployment rate means that as many people began seeking work as were added to the workforce.
Not really. As long as the percent change in unemployment is roughly the same as the percent change in the labor force (employed plus unemployed), then the rate will stay the same.

Forum List

Back