Two Vacations During Oil Spill: It's Good To Be The King.

Even Carville has commented that the Gulf oil spill seems to be nothing more than a nuiscance to Obama and that he seems to be out to lunch.

Gee James.... YA THINK?

Carville is a liberal Democrat and was a strong Hillary supporter. He only reluctantly supports Barack Obama. (Must make for better relations at home with uber conservative wife Mary Matalin.)

He should postpone this vacation. That really would be the right thing to do.

He's going for a fucking weekend (Memorial Day IS a holiday, even for presidents). What should he do? Take a vacation somewhere on the shore of Louisiana and command the oil to go back into the sea? He would then be accused of trying to be Jesus.

The President is set to embark on his second vacation since the tragic BP oil spill began over a month ago. Before this,he is expected to head out to California for a hefty Barbara Boxer fundraiser. Two vacations in a month? Yikes! This shocking stuff makes me want to ask two questions...(1) Is it right for our President to go on numerous vacations during such an awful national calamity? (2) Would the MSM give this same free pass they are giving this current President if he were a Republican? I would be very interested in hearing what others think about this. This is an incredibly horrific disaster and i just haven't seen any real leadership on it so far. Thanks.

Ughh...

I need a vacation

Me too. My son is flying in for three days from Houston. I will be MOST anxious to hear what the locals there have to say about all this.

The President is set to embark on his second vacation since the tragic BP oil spill began over a month ago. Before this,he is expected to head out to California for a hefty Barbara Boxer fundraiser. Two vacations in a month? Yikes! This shocking stuff makes me want to ask two questions...(1) Is it right for our President to go on numerous vacations during such an awful national calamity? (2) Would the MSM give this same free pass they are giving this current President if he were a Republican? I would be very interested in hearing what others think about this. This is an incredibly horrific disaster and i just haven't seen any real leadership on it so far. Thanks.

I have put in bold what I consider to be the more pertinent part of your OP.

This is interesting to me because I was giving some thought yesterday as to why the administration has not pushed BP aside and taken the reigns. It's obvious BP is at a loss as to what to do. Faced with a disaster no one was apparently prepared for, with no clue as to how to stop it, BP looks more and more like the Keystone Cops of drilling and clean-up. Now, I am fairly certain that our government is no more better equipped to stop the flow than BP, unless one wants to resort to really high explosives, but they could do no worse and we would not be left questioning the answers to questions posed to BP.

There are any number of companies whose expertise could be tapped by the feds for help.

We deal with it, send BP the bill. They've had more than a month to work this out and put an end to the destruction.

So, why has the Obama administration, after thirty-six days, not pushed BP aside and taken control?

I have come up with only one answer. Because when they do, it becomes "Obama's oil spill." Not in the sense that he caused it, that should go without saying. But in the sense that it isn't being stopped, that the clean up isn't happening fast enough. As long as BP is in charge, it's their fault. The administration can blame someone else. They are not responsible.

I do not come by this answer because I "hate Obama," because I do not hate the man. I do not come by this answer because I am a Republican, as I am not. I do not come by this answer through any thing other than a pattern of behavior.

For nearly eighteen months, nothing has been Obama's fault. The wars? Bush. The economy? Bush. Jobs? Bush. Bush Bush Bush...

Did Bush make mistakes? Absolutely. Did Obama inherit an economy on it's way down? There can be no doubt about it. But nothing he has done thus far has worked all that well. The economy is still in the tank, unemployment numbers are still too high, and the country is in debt up to it's proverbial armpits. Bush didn't do all of that from Crawford. When does Obama man up and take responsibility for the work he has done?

If a corporation hired a new CEO with the idea he would help it grow, lead it to prosperity, and keep the employees happy, what do you think the board of directors would do if the new CEO spent his first two years blaming the last guy for the continued decline of the company?

I like Obama fine. I'd like him more if he would lead...

So what you are saying is obama is a pussy coward who is not willing to man up and do what is right for this country and its environment. You are saying he is hiding behind political skirts to save his pussy ass from responsibility.

I sure hope the GOP is paying you well to make such an ass of yourself day in and day out.

and your comments on the MSNBC Boards about Bush's vacation represent what? Hypocrisy? That what I thought...thanks for playing.

I don't know why I have to keep reminding people that if Obama just "took over" BP, the righties would be yelling so hard and fast that they'd forget there was still oil gushing out of that hole in favor of lambasting him as a dictator. Even his "boot on the neck" comment resulted in all kinds of screaming from the right, although it was a simple cliche.

It's totally, hysterically funny that the die-hard "conservatives" want no part of any assistance from the federal government, UNLESS it is an opportunity to bash this administration or is something that would benefit THEM.

Fucking hypocrites.

NEWS FLASH: Those who are going to bash Obama over this tragedy are going to do so either way, whether he steps in or not. You know, damned if does, damned if he doesn't.

He's going for a fucking weekend (Memorial Day IS a holiday, even for presidents). What should he do? Take a vacation somewhere on the shore of Louisiana and command the oil to go back into the sea? He would then be accused of trying to be Jesus.

What I think is hillarious is all you libs that just threw a histerical fit over G.W. Bush and Katrina--because people who were ordered to leave and didn't--decided to blame the fed. government for not showing up immediately with a ppj sandwich and something to drink the very next day.

Now this is 30 days later--2 vacations later--and the only thing we got out of the POTUS today "is plug that dam hole"::lol:

Even the Libs have to admit the double standard,If this happened during the Bush administration you guys would be storming the WH with all the Posters of Bush as Hitler like you guys carried around when he was
President.

I hear President Obama is going to play golf this weekend..

well .... as it is memorial weekend and we are at war i figure he could visit the gulf and then our national cemetary......

I hear President Obama is going to play golf this weekend..

well he is fucking up traffic right now, who cares about his weekebed! Screw him and his golf. Though I know where I would like to stick his balls and clubs.

The thing is that Obama is doing absolutely nothing to fight the spill anyway.

I have an idea how about he spend memorial day visiting wounded soldiers?

I said it when Bush was slammed for his vacations, I'll say it now:

If you believe that a President is truly on vacation when he goes on vacation, I have some beach front property in las Cruces I'd like to sell you...

I was living in el paso dating a chick who lived in las cruces. One weekend I took a friend to carlsbad so he could hook up with someone he met in el paso. I went to a local bar and hooked up with a chick who lived......three blocks from the chick I was dating in las cruces. She was a lot of fun. A LOT.

Right about now the madman Obama is most likely having dinner out here in San FransickO with the Mad-Woman Barbara Boxer who's Political career is in the gutter. Apparently, It's more important to meet with this hack job then to focus on the Oil Spill tragedy in the Gulf. I guess BP's political contributions to Obama's Campaign have influenced the dunce Obama to the point of no return. What a fucking fraud this idiot is. ~BH

He's smart enough to know he can't do the job and it's better to get out of the way and let his subordinates do the work, so he can then blame them.

Forum List

Back