Two-thirds of Americans support House Cut Cap and Balance Plan

There is no legislation going to go down where taxes are increased. Why even discuss it? Or do I need to pop up my 2010 election map again to show the sea of red??!!!

That will prove to be a problem for the GOP. The vast majority of Americans support a combination of selected tax increases and spending cuts.

Polls show Americans see the GOP's obstruction and will blame the Republicans for any fallout from a possible default.

There is no legislation going to go down where taxes are increased. Why even discuss it? Or do I need to pop up my 2010 election map again to show the sea of red??!!!

That will prove to be a problem for the GOP. The vast majority of Americans support a combination of selected tax increases and spending cuts.

Polls show Americans see the GOP's obstruction and will blame the Republicans for any fallout from a possible default.

It shows 64% want a combination of tax increases and spending cuts, the Democrat's plan

excuse me?

what "plan"?

this is the second plan on paper that has been voted upon and passed.BY Republicans.....I have yet to see a thing from the dems on paper, or obama....if you have it, please post it. thank you.

Polls continue to show a majority of Americans oppose raising the debt limit. So how can polling data show that such a large majority of Americans oppose to raising the debt ceiling--the Republican position--and be in favor of the Democrats non-plan.

I think you misrepresent the Republican position. They are quite willing to raise the debt limit, they just want to extort the public to do it.

Extort the public---:lol: I think it's the public that pays the Federal Government's tab--of which the CUT-CAP and BALANCE saves the "public" from being extorted by the Federal Government.

$Hope-and-Nope.jpg

Hope and NOPE

CNN just released a poll of 1,000 Americans showing overwhelming support for the House Republican approach to the debt limit crisis. Specifically, 66 percent of Americans favor a deal where both houses of Congresses pass a balance budget amendment, and substantial cuts and caps on future spending, in exchange for a debt limit hike.

As a stand-alone measure, 74 percent of Americans favor a constitutional amendment to require a balanced federal budget. And 60 percent of Americans believe a balanced budget amendment is necessary to get federal deficits under control.

And yet that idiot Harry Reid is out there saying how this is the worst legislation in the history of the country.

I wonder if the 50 percent of Americans who “…believe a balanced budget amendment is necessary to get federal deficits under control” know that both balanced budget amendments being offered (H.J.RES.1 and S.J.RES 5) are intentionally worded to avoid balancing the annual budget and neither contain a provision to require an annually balanced federal budget! So why are they called “balanced budget amendments” if they do not require an annually balanced budget?

JWK

CNN just released a poll of 1,000 Americans showing overwhelming support for the House Republican approach to the debt limit crisis. Specifically, 66 percent of Americans favor a deal where both houses of Congresses pass a balance budget amendment, and substantial cuts and caps on future spending, in exchange for a debt limit hike.

As a stand-alone measure, 74 percent of Americans favor a constitutional amendment to require a balanced federal budget. And 60 percent of Americans believe a balanced budget amendment is necessary to get federal deficits under control.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Two-thirds of Americans support House Cut Cap and Balance Plan | Conn Carroll | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

And yet that idiot Harry Reid is out there saying how this is the worst legislation in the history of the country.

Harry Reid: Cut, Cap And Balance "Worst Piece Of Legislation" Ever | RealClearPolitics

And according to Art Laffer, Ronald Reagan would have supported this bill, too. So I am for it also.

Hummmm...what was that you were saying again?

Quite simple. I said Two-thirds of Americans support House Cut Cap and Balance Plan.

I'm not sure what all that other stuff you brought up has to do with it.

It's from the poll you're using.

It shows 64% want a combination of tax increases and spending cuts, the Democrat's plan.

What makes you think that people can't support multiple plants? Nothing you have said changes the fact that 66% of Americans support the plan passed by the House.

It means you and the GOP do not have the backing of the American public.

If you say so.

In fact, the poll shows just the opposite,

No, not really.

the public blames the GOP for the impasse and will overwhelmingly blame the GOP for any default.

If we default that may be true, but I don't particularly care who gets blamed for it. I have no problem whatsoever with us defaulting because it's going to happen sooner or later because of selfish pigs like you. May as well get it over with now.

Polls continue to show a majority of Americans oppose raising the debt limit. So how can polling data show that such a large majority of Americans oppose to raising the debt ceiling--the Republican position--and be in favor of the Democrats non-plan.

I think you misrepresent the Republican position. They are quite willing to raise the debt limit, they just want to extort the public to do it.

Extort, meaning actually pay your own way and be responsible for yourself for once in your life. I can see how that would suck for a parasite like you.

I wonder if the 50 percent of Americans who “…believe a balanced budget amendment is necessary to get federal deficits under control” know that both balanced budget amendments being offered (H.J.RES.1 and S.J.RES 5) are intentionally worded to avoid balancing the annual budget and neither contain a provision to require an annually balanced federal budget! So why are they called “balanced budget amendments” if they do not require an annually balanced budget?

JWK

The poll states 74% of the American population want a balanced budget--not 50%---:cuckoo:

As a stand-alone measure, 74 percent of Americans favor a constitutional amendment to require a balanced federal budget.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs...-house-cut-cap-and-balance-plan#ixzz1SnlCeZtX

Last edited:
"In principle, someday"- but right now it's disengeuous BS from electioneering A-Holes...

So if not now--WHEN?---:lol::lol: After we go over the cliff--or before?

There are 18,000 baby boomers entering social security/medicare DAILY and this will continue for the next 15 years--resulting in another 64 trillion in unfunded liabilities on top of the 14.3 trillion in red ink now. This equates to $534,000.00 per household debt OWED to the Federal Government to pay this tab.

$1 billion dollars.jpg

1 billion dollars--$100.00 bills stacked on palets.

$trillion dollars.jpg

1 trillion dollars--$100.00 bills stacked on palets. NOTE: How small the man is in this chart.

The Federal Government is currently borrowing .43 cents on every dollar it spends.
Now they are asking to raise their credit card limit so they can borrow and spend more.

Basically we need 79 of the TRILLION dollar chart to break even. And you don't want a balanced budget amendment NOW--:lol: Well 74% of the American public disagree with you.

Last edited:
"In principle, someday"- but right now it's disengeuous BS from electioneering A-Holes...

There are 18,000 baby boomers entering social security/medicare DAILY and this will continue for the next 15 years--resulting in another 64 trillion in unfunded liabilities on top of the 14.3 trillion in red ink now. This equates to $534,000.00 per household debt OWED to the Federal Government to pay this tab.

View attachment 14311

View attachment 14312

1 trillion dollars--$100.00 bills stacked on palets. NOTE: How small the man is in this chart.

The Federal Government is currently borrowing .43 cents on every dollar it spends.
Now they are asking to raise their credit card limit so they can borrow and spend more.

Basically we need 79 of the TRILLION dollar chart to break even. And you don't want a balanced budget amendment NOW--:lol: Well 74% of the American public disagree with you.

The government is borrowing FROM Social Security to pay for wars and shit because the Republicans cut taxes repeatedly while increasing spending.

JWK

The poll states 74% of the American population want a balanced budget--not 50%---:cuckoo:

As a stand-alone measure, 74 percent of Americans favor a constitutional amendment to require a balanced federal budget.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Two-thirds of Americans support House Cut Cap and Balance Plan | Conn Carroll | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

And the Washington Examiner fails to mention neither balanced budget amendments (H.J.RES 1 or S.J.RES 5) promoted by the Cap, Cut and Balance ringleaders would do anything to require Congress to balance the annual budget when Congress borrows to meet its expenses during the course of a fiscal year. As a matter of fact the “balanced budget amendment” if added to our Constitution would make it constitutional for Congress to not balance the budget in defiance of our founding fathers specific intentions requiring Congress to extinguish deficits with an apportioned tax among the states.

This balanced budget amendment thing is a fraud being perpetrated upon the American People and it exposes the Republican Party Leadership for the phonies they really are.

When you study the wording of the proposed amendment, it becomes obvious the amendment would make it constitutional for Congress to not balance the budget! In fact, there is nothing in the wording of the amendment to compel Congress to extinguish an annual deficit created by Congress’ borrowing during the course of a fiscal year! So why is it called a “balanced budget amendment”? That title seems patently dishonest, and intentional so! And the weasel wording did not happen by accident:

Total outlays for any fiscal year shall not exceed total receipts for that fiscal year, unless Congress decides to increase outlays over receipts:

Total outlays for any fiscal year shall not exceed 18 percent of economic output unless Congress shall provide a specific increase of outlays above 18 percent of economic output;

The limit on the debt of the United States held by the public shall not be increased unless Congress shall provide by law for such an increase;

Etc., etc., etc.,………….

And `Section 6 sets the whole amendment on its head: " The Congress may waive the provisions of this article for any fiscal year in which a declaration of war is in effect. The provisions of this article may be waived for any fiscal year in which the United States is engaged in military conflict which causes an imminent and serious military threat to national security and is so declared by a joint resolution, adopted by a majority of the whole number of each House, which becomes law."

After the words “declaration of war is in effect” the weasel wording which follows would be laughable if America’s national debt were not so grave, not to mention a mere majority vote is needed by our RINOs in Congress to give the finger to the entire balanced budget amendment. Each House may ignore the provisions of the amendment by simply declaring an existing military conflict has caused an “imminent and serious military threat to national security“. Have we not just seen how this “crisis” scare tactic mentality has been used to plunder our federal treasury under TARP? How it has been used to bail out auto companies which have blood sucking unions and has been used to send BILLIONS upon BILLIONS of American taxpayer dollars to foreign banks under Congress’ money laundering operations?

It’s amazing how almost every “conservative’ talk show host is selling the phony BBA without giving it’s specific sections a critical look and they merely rely upon the talking points the Washington Establishment has cooked up to mislead the America people.

Even Mark Levin is promoting this fraudulent amendment!

Hey, Mark Levin, what section of the proposed balanced budget amendment actually requires Congress to balance the annual budget when Congress borrows during the course of a fiscal year to meet its expenses?

JWK

Our tyrants in Washington force the productive to pay income taxes so they can spread their wealth and buy votes, but the Washington Establishment does not force their beloved 45 % who pay no income taxes to work for the taxes they get

View attachment 14311

View attachment 14312

The Republicans are playing politics with a debt ceiling that would we would be at least another 2 trillion dollars below had it not been for Republican tax policy and spending policy under Bush,

and ironically, the Republicans are demanding that the 'fix' not touch those very policies.

Like the Dems aren't playing games??

Where is the Dem plan??

Where is Obamas plan??

They have no problem trashing anything the GOP comes up with but so far all I've heard from them is vague refrences to cuts in the future and upping taxes right away.

The Dems ain't to good at keeping their word on cutting anything as Reagan and Bush I found out.

Let me know when that Dem plan appears willya.

Forum List

Back