Two Steps Towards A Sensible Immigration Policy

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by NATO AIR, Aug 14, 2005.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Brooks says the upcoming twin bills on immigration will bring the system under control, what do you think?

2. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    First off: Focus enforcement on the employers instead of the employees. Just like the so-called war on drugs should be against the suppliers vice the users.

If you walk up to a cotton field in Lubbock Texas and you fine the farmer 2/3 of the value of his crop when you discover illegals.........

IF you cordon off new construction in San Antonio, and shut down the entire company if you find one illegal..........

If you shut down all the lawn and garden business assets that use illegals by draconian fines.........

Hiring of illegals will slow, not stop, but will slow down I'd bet.

Second off:Open the borders to anyone who is "our kind of people".

Our kind of people are the ones who will work hard and not commit crimes. They will pay taxes and assimiliate into the culture. They may start off as aliens but they will end up as Americans.

How do we figure out who "our kind of people" are? First we DNA type, fingerprint etc them. And we check for criminal records all over the world. We chip em with an RFID chip on entry to the country. They have to learn English and pass the citizenship test within three to five years. Or ten, or whatever so long as a deadline exists.

Finally: Any caught here illegally gets deported

I am not going to look for illegals (look up under the heading of First Off). I figure that as we shut down businesses the word will go out that illegals won't be getting jobs. If someone is picked up and it is discovered they are illegal, then we add to whatever crime they committed, and deport them.

Those here illegally, with legal jobs, who've established a life and are not part of the "drain" are beyond my scope. I don't have a good idea for how to normalize them without rewarding criminal behaviour.

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    I don't see much wrong with those ideas Peg...

We're gonna have to get tough, and I bet whoever is the prez in 2008 will have the popular mandate to do it.

4. pegwinn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    Without stepping on others threads, did you notice that two Dem Govenors have gotten into the Immigration biz? Wonder if they have aspirations....

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Richardson--oh great!! :puke:

I like your ideas peg but I'm getting damn bummed out realizing how much we are OWNED by global corporations. Feel free to convince me otherwise.

6. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I know exactly how to deal with illegal immigrants. Support equal pay for illegals. I know it sounds crazy, but bear with me a second. Do you really think a company is going to risk hiring illegals if it saves them NO money whatsoever? I didn't think so.

7. pegwinn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    I don't get it. Is this about immigration?
    Disclaimer: Everyone is entitled to be stupid once a month. Today is my day. Bear with me please.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Sorry for being obtuse--I'm just thinking the immigration problem is as much economic as anything. There is a population that (while not legal) is willing to accept what an American would consider low pay. There are companies that are free to hire them with no repurcussions so they go for the profit.With that reality we also are inflicted with all the other problems associated with mass migration.
    Why won't the majority of politicians even touch the issue knowing full well how large is sits on the American psyche? They need they hispanic vote and they need the corporate donations and they are not going to do a damn thing to risk losing either one.