Two reasons why democrats hate using the word Republic when identifying America's political system.

So, you claim that "democrats hate using the word Republic," but can't actually name one, nor sight any quote?

Of course, the United Sates is a democratic republic.

Power is held by the people and their democratically-elected representatives and president.
The only one claiming anything are haters of the Republic. I have facts you give your opinion.

Fact 1 game set and match
the United States is more accurately defined as a constitutional federal republic.
More accurately doesn't mean describing it as a democracy is inaccurate you dumb Bingo. I even gave simple examples that were apparently too much for your Bingo brain to comprehend the difference between the general and specific. Like the difference between saying to own a car (the general) or a Ford Mustang (the more specific). 😄

More accurately doesn't mean describing it as a democracy is inaccurate you dumb Bingo. I even gave simple examples that were apparently too much for your Bingo brain to comprehend the difference between the general and specific. 😄
So you want to be inaccurate

The only one claiming anything are haters of the Republic. I have facts you give your opinion.
So, you claim that "democrats hate using the word Republic," but can't actually name one, nor sight any quote?

I'm not surprised.

Yes, we have already exposed that your are unable to support your fake claim - "democrats hate using the word Republic."

Do you hate admitting that the United States is a democratic republic?

If so, why?

This essentially means that the government operates on the principles of both a republic and a democracy. In other words, the nation functions upon principles that are common in both republics and democracies...
Although we hear often that the US is a democracy, it is not fully a direct democracy in the purest sense. Presidential elections are not decided by a direct democracy, but by the electoral college (Electors are officials appointed by each state)... Thus at the federal level, the US is a representative democracy. Many aspects of the United States function as a direct democracy such as local elections for mayor, city council and school board members. State governors are another well known example; in each of the fifty states the governor is elected by popular vote.
In many cases the government is described as a constitutional democracy because governmental power is defined, limited, and regulated by a constitution and the electorate (General voting populace).

Fundamentals of a Representative Democracy

OneVote Lesson Plan Part 1: Political Parties

Civic Center of Education- Lesson Plans

Types of Government Lesson Plan
What is a Republican Government- Lesson Plan

Yes, we have already exposed that your are unable to support your fake claim - "democrats hate using the word Republic."

Do you hate admitting that the United States is a democratic republic?

If so, why?

The United States government is a complex entity known as a democratic republic.
This essentially means that the government operates on the principles of both a republic and a democracy. In other words, the nation functions upon principles that are common in both republics and democracies...
Although we hear often that the US is a democracy, it is not fully a direct democracy in the purest sense. Presidential elections are not decided by a direct democracy, but by the electoral college (Electors are officials appointed by each state)... Thus at the federal level, the US is a representative democracy. Many aspects of the United States function as a direct democracy such as local elections for mayor, city council and school board members. State governors are another well known example; in each of the fifty states the governor is elected by popular vote.
n many cases the government is described as a constitutional democracy because governmental power is defined, limited, and regulated by a constitution and the electorate (General voting populace).

Fundamentals of a Representative Democracy

OneVote Lesson Plan Part 1: Political Parties

Federalist 10: Democratic Republic vs. Pure Democracy

Civic Center of Education- Lesson Plans

Types of Government Lesson Plan

What is a Republican Government- Lesson Plan

More leftists generally accepted inaccuracies.

Forum List

Back