Two Nigerians Executed for Drug Trafficking in Indonesia

jchima

Sep 22, 2014
A Nigerian, Daniel Enemuo, and four foreign nationals were on Sunday executed by Indonesian authorities for drug trafficking-related offences.

Another Nigerian, Mr. Solomon Chibuike Okafor, was also executed. He was however being classified as a citizen of Malawi because he was arrested using a Malawian passport bearing Namaona Denis.

An Indonesian national was also executed for the same offence after they had all been convicted between 2000 and 2011.

Twelve other Nigerians remain on death row in the Asian country which resumed executions in 2013 after an unofficial moratorium from 2008.

It however did not carry out any execution in 2014.

Amnesty International and other organisations had pleaded for clemency for the condemned prisoners: Mr. Namaona Denis (Nigeria/Malawi), Ms. Rani Andriani (Indonesia), Mr. Daniel Enemuo (Nigeria), Ms. Tran Thi Bich Hanh (Vietnam), Mr. Marco Archer Cardoso Moreira(Brazil) and Mr. Ang Liem Soei (Netherlands).
Source: Two Nigerians Executed for Drug Trafficking in Indonesia - eReporter

I'd say they're as effective as the Mexican cartels when it comes to drug wars.

The only difference is that the people of Indonesia are winning their war while the Mexican traffickers are winning theirs. (And they're beating American law enforcement in the process).

The only difference is that the people of Indonesia are winning their war while the Mexican traffickers are winning theirs. (And they're beating American law enforcement in the process).
This was just a price support action.

Hung a few who weren't paying the cartels or the Indonesian officials; just some freelancers with bad luck.

Part of the game.

I was just thinking maybe these guys weren't paying off the right Gov't Officials and got killed to send a message to others.

Forum List

Back