Two kinds of Muslims

I heard an interesting theory recently about Muslims that I'd like to share for consideration.

The theory is that there are indeed two kinds of Muslims, but not the two that gets peddled by media driven propaganda... that there is a minority of violent, extremist, jihadi Muslims but the majority are peaceful and tolerant. Rather, there are active Muslims and there are passive Muslims. The active muslims are the one's on the front lines of the jihad, committing acts of violence and terrorism and so on. And the passive Muslims simply lie in wait, quietly supporting the active Muslims, and perpetuating the misconception that they are tolerant and peaceful.

If nothing else, this theory is certainly more consistent with the Koran than the media driven propaganda that Islam is a religion of peace.
When did you become a propagandist?

All real muslims want to live under sharia law, and want the whole world to be under sharia as well. You call that peaceful and tolerant? You're an idiot.

If someone can provide a link to an Imam promoting the idea that sharia law should be subordinate to secular law, I'd love to see it.

No. My criteria for determining which Muslims are murdering extremists just happen to be a bit more stringent than the West's.

Ours is pretty simple, they are murdering extremists if they murder someone. Your is more along the lines of they are murdering extremists if they get caught doing it somewhere that makes it politically expedient to call them extremists.

Yours might be more stringent, but ours is more accurate.

If someone can provide a link to an Imam promoting the idea that sharia law should be subordinate to secular law, I'd love to see it.

I would also, especially if he was an older and widely respected scholar.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT8s1a1E4nk]YouTube - Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf: "Sharia Law And US Constitution is The Same"[/ame]

There are three kinds of Muslims:

1. Future Suicide Bomber
2. Suicide Bomber
3. Dead Suicide Bomber

What kind was Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan ?

He was an American trained Doctor in a position of authority on an active Military base. His presence demonstrates how loose and lax the US Military is when it comes to security. How can the citizens of the USA count on such a ragtag group of Keystone cops ?

Do Christian preachers promote the idea that biblical law should be subordinate to secular law?

Of course they do. It actually tells them that in the Bible, if you ever run into any of the idiots who disagree.

Do Christian preachers promote the idea that biblical law should be subordinate to secular law?

Of course they do. It actually tells them that in the Bible, if you ever run into any of the idiots who disagree.
I have...and many of them disagree and are not convinced.

Point being, most religious people value their beliefs more than they value the rule of law.

Point being, most religious people value their beliefs more than they value the rule of law.

You might think that is the point, but the real point is that the Qur'an specifically backs up the Muslims who want to overthrow the government and turn the US into a Sharia state. That makes them a lot harder to deal with, because no Muslim is going to argue with them that their scripture specifically says otherwise.

Pretty much every Christian preacher, minister or priest will tell you that you should follow the rule of secular law.

Epic Ravi Fail :thup:

Pretty much every Christian preacher, minister or priest will tell you that you should follow the rule of secular law.

Furthermore, a truly devout Christian who follows the teachings of Christ, and adheres to the 10 Commandments, is more or less NEVER going to run afoul of secular law.

The exact opposite is true of a truly devout Muslim.

True story :thup:

I would also, especially if he was an older and widely respected scholar.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT8s1a1E4nk]YouTube - Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf: "Sharia Law And US Constitution is The Same"[/ame]

I may not be on everybody's A list but was this what you were wanting?

You might think that is the point, but the real point is that the Qur'an specifically backs up the Muslims who want to overthrow the government and turn the US into a Sharia state. That makes them a lot harder to deal with, because no Muslim is going to argue with them that their scripture specifically says otherwise.
My understanding of sharia law is that it means...follow God's law. My understanding of biblical teachings is that it means...follow God's law.

Please list where God/Jesus says follow secular law (aside from taxes) and where the Koran says anything different.

Thanks!

Furthermore, a truly devout Christian who follows the teachings of Christ, and adheres to the 10 Commandments, is more or less NEVER going to run afoul of secular law.

Really? What do devout Muslims believe that is different than what devout Christians believe?

Really? What do devout Muslims believe that is different than what devout Christians believe?

That secular governments are an abomination.

duh! :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back