Two idiots get banned from gun range.

Look like a couple of Trump voters

Not much of a gun person are you?

Google the four basic rules of firearms safety and then get back to me.

And yet, the NRA considers the guy in the video to be "a good guy with a gun"
Link?

Lots of gun nuts claim to be good guys with guns.
Texas mother, a vocal gun rights advocate, killed by police after fatally shooting her two daughters during 'family argument' - NY Daily News

Gun Enthusiast Kills 17-Year-Old for Playing Loud Music; Lawyer Says He Acted "Very Responsibly"

You said "Lots of gun nuts claim to be good guys" and then only listed two examples.

Way far more are the good guys and girls with guns, including myself. I wouldn't shoot you unless you sorely deserved it, and it takes a hell of alot to put me in that position.
You are a good guy with a gun right up to the moment you become a bad guy

Where did the NRA say that? Please provide a link.

Actually, the NRA exists solely to teach people not to do idiotic shit like that.
I’ve never heard one lesson like this to come from the nra. All they do is protect the right for anyone to own a gun no questions asked.

You have to take drivers training but not gun training

Link?

Texas mother, a vocal gun rights advocate, killed by police after fatally shooting her two daughters during 'family argument' - NY Daily News

Gun Enthusiast Kills 17-Year-Old for Playing Loud Music; Lawyer Says He Acted "Very Responsibly"

You said "Lots of gun nuts claim to be good guys" and then only listed two examples.

Way far more are the good guys and girls with guns, including myself. I wouldn't shoot you unless you sorely deserved it, and it takes a hell of alot to put me in that position.
And is it a rule or a law I can’t put my gun up to my buddies head? I’m still a good guy until I pull the trigger

Link?

E]

" I wouldn't shoot you unless you sorely deserved it, and it takes a hell of alot to put me in that position."

deserve it?
who gets to decide who "deserves it"?

koshergrl says; (about liberals)

"They're clueless, racist, totalitarian retards. We need to PURGE them from the face of the earth.:"

does PURGE mean they "deserve it"?

p.j.o'rourke said

"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats."

does that mean liberals "deserve it"?

“Homosexual conduct should be illegal,” Conservative Republican Christian Roy Moore told a journalist in 2005.

does that mean they "deserve it"?

Tipsycatlover said (just a few days ago on this board)

"There is no reason for Republicans to be civil toward Democrats. Nor, to treat them as human beings or even friendly dogs."

does that mean they "deserve it"?

George Zimmerman (armed with a gun) started a confrontation with an UNARMED BOY.....and killed him....

did he "deserve it"?

and Theowl32 (on this board) said;

"She is right, and I say let the war begin. The day everyone on the RIGHTS understand what they are dealing with, will be the day everyone on right HATES them (liberals) as much as me.
It is a war, and they are flat out calling for one.
What do we do? They are calling for it."

Does that mean liberals DESERVE IT?

You can buy LIBERAL HUNTING permits (no limit)
and target practice pictures of hillary and Obama on line and at gun shows.....

YOU might not shoot me....

but I think some of your friends would.

Well for one thing, that's decided by the laws of the state I live in:

"an actor is immune from civil liability arising out of his or her use of force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm if the actor reasonably believed that the force was necessary to prevent imminent death or bodily harm to himself or herself or to another person..."

Actually, the NRA exists solely to teach people not to do idiotic shit like that.
I’ve never heard one lesson like this to come from the nra. All they do is protect the right for anyone to own a gun no questions asked.

The NRA used to be about gun safety

Then they found out they could make more money fear mongering about the second amendment

You support laws that allow idiots like this to have guns.

More important than that, you're incapable of passing laws that prevent idiots like them from having guns.

I'm a responsible gun owner who needs very little in the way of supervision. Looks like the failure is on your end.

As it should be. Probably liberals.

Reminds me of a leg prick infantry guy out on a range on Bragg about twenty-two years ago who was headed off the firing line with a cooking off round in his weapon, the barrel of which was aimed in our direction as we waited for our turn to punch some smiley faces to make the brass think we could still drive a tack through a spider's dick at a few hundred meters.

And is it a rule or a law I can’t put my gun up to my buddies head? I’m still a good guy until I pull the trigger

No. The law prohibits the reckless use of a firearm, such as intentionally pointing it at someone. In that guy's case, it was sheer stupidity and a violation of what most sensible gun-owners practice. He violated rules #1 and #2 that I could see:

1.There's no such thing as an "unloaded" firearm. Treat every firearm as it it were loaded.

2. Never point a firearm at anything you don't intend to destroy.

He even violated rule #3, "Keep your finger off the trigger until the sights are on the target".

In any case, the guy needs an ass-kicking for being so stupid.

More important than that, you're incapable of passing laws that prevent idiots like them from having guns.

I'm a responsible gun owner who needs very little in the way of supervision. Looks like the failure is on your end.
No. You and I are good. But we have those idiots to worry about.

Do you oppose everyone has to take a gun safety class one time the first time they go to buy a gun?

I never had to take one.

But, everyone then gets to conceal carry. Everyone!

No. The law prohibits the reckless use of a firearm, such as intentionally pointing it at someone. In that guy's case, it was sheer stupidity and a violation of what most sensible gun-owners practice. He violated rules #1 and #2 that I could see:

1.There's no such thing as an "unloaded" firearm. Treat every firearm as it it were loaded.

He even violated rule #3, "Keep your finger off the trigger until the sights are on the target".

Really? So if I take a picture of me pointing a gun at someone’s head and posted it on Facebook, are you saying I broke the law? I don’t believe that

So then your rules are just suggestions. I’ll take your suggestions under advisement.

Now the rules may keep me off the gun range but not from fucking around in the apartment or home next to you

The NRA used to be about gun safety

Then they found out they could make more money fear mongering about the second amendment
I’m always breaking the rules at the gun range. I walked up just as they were letting people check their targets so I just assigned myself a table and went out with everyone and put my target up. The guy was like “you have to check in with me first”

The truth is they take too in between times they let you check your target. I wasn’t going to wait around for the next time they take a break which feels like one per hour if not every 45 minutes.

Do you oppose everyone has to take a gun safety class one time the first time they go to buy a gun?

I never had to take one.

Gotcha, I didn't know where you were coming from. There are idiots out there, I've seen enough of them at the range. Most of the stupidity I've seen at the range was from plain old hunters, who weren't really gun guys. Those who have had prior military experience seem to be the most responsible. It's probably a good idea that a gun safety course is required, even though I've never officially taken one. I as just raised around firearms, so I learned naturally.

One of the requirements of my state is that a person has to take a certified course in order to obtain a concealed carry permit. I didn't since a DD-214 military separation paper was the only requirement for veterans. That and the $50 fee for the background check.

Really? So if I take a picture of me pointing a gun at someone’s head and posted it on Facebook, are you saying I broke the law? I don’t believe that

So then your rules are just suggestions. I’ll take your suggestions under advisement.

Now the rules may keep me off the gun range but not from fucking around in the apartment or home next to you

It's not a thing since I don't live in an apartment and my nearest neighbor isn't withing target range.

It's not a thing since I don't live in an apartment and my nearest neighbor isn't withing target range.
I’m just trying to make a point.

By most state laws, deliberately pointing a firearm at someone is illegal and can cause you to lose your gun rights if the judge deems it...

941.20  Endangering safety by use of dangerous weapon.
(1)  Whoever does any of the following is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor:
(a) Endangers another's safety by the negligent operation or handling of a dangerous weapon.
(b) Operates or goes armed with a firearm while he or she is under the influence of an intoxicant.
(bm) Operates or goes armed with a firearm while he or she has a detectable amount of a restricted controlled substance in his or her blood. A defendant has a defense to any action under this paragraph that is based on the defendant allegedly having a detectable amount of methamphetamine, gamma-hydroxybutyric acid, or delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol in his or her blood, if he or she proves by a preponderance of the evidence that at the time of the incident or occurrence he or she had a valid prescription for methamphetamine or one of its metabolic precursors, gamma-hydroxybutyric acid, or delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol.
(c) Except as provided in sub. (1m), intentionally points a firearm at or toward another.
(d) While on the lands of another discharges a firearm within 100 yards of any building devoted to human occupancy situated on and attached to the lands of another without the express permission of the owner or occupant of the building. “Building" as used in this paragraph does not include any tent, bus, truck, vehicle or similar portable unit.

I never had to take one.

Gotcha, I didn't know where you were coming from. There are idiots out there, I've seen enough of them at the range. Most of the stupidity I've seen at the range was from plain old hunters, who weren't really gun guys. Those who have had prior military experience seem to be the most responsible. It's probably a good idea that a gun safety course is required, even though I've never officially taken one. I as just raised around firearms, so I learned naturally.

One of the requirements of my state is that a person has to take a certified course in order to obtain a concealed carry permit. I didn't since a DD-214 military separation paper was the only requirement for veterans. That and the $50 fee for the background check.
I just purchased a Ruger 450 American made bushmaster. It was specifically designed for Michigan. Michigan hunters apparently told Ruger all the rules or laws with how far a bullet can travel and wanting to have a lot of power, yada yada everyone at the range, with all their cool guns, were all impressed with my gun. I’m so happy to have it. Can’t wait to go from crossbow to a gun that will easily go 150 yards. I heard 300 but I’d have to do that to believe I can hit that far. I would probably have to aim a little high. Anyways I can’t wait to practice from 300. I’m money at 100

By most state laws, deliberately pointing a firearm at someone is illegal and can cause you to lose your gun rights if the judge deems it...

941.20  Endangering safety by use of dangerous weapon.
(1)  Whoever does any of the following is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor:
(a) Endangers another's safety by the negligent operation or handling of a dangerous weapon.
(b) Operates or goes armed with a firearm while he or she is under the influence of an intoxicant.
(bm) Operates or goes armed with a firearm while he or she has a detectable amount of a restricted controlled substance in his or her blood. A defendant has a defense to any action under this paragraph that is based on the defendant allegedly having a detectable amount of methamphetamine, gamma-hydroxybutyric acid, or delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol in his or her blood, if he or she proves by a preponderance of the evidence that at the time of the incident or occurrence he or she had a valid prescription for methamphetamine or one of its metabolic precursors, gamma-hydroxybutyric acid, or delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol.
(c) Except as provided in sub. (1m), intentionally points a firearm at or toward another.
(d) While on the lands of another discharges a firearm within 100 yards of any building devoted to human occupancy situated on and attached to the lands of another without the express permission of the owner or occupant of the building. “Building" as used in this paragraph does not include any tent, bus, truck, vehicle or similar portable unit.
(c) except as provided in sub (1m)? What’s the exception to the rule I wonder?

Forum List

Back