Two GOP Senators Block 9-11 First Responders Bill

Why should the feds be funding this? Are the States too good to use their workers compensation monies? Everything is not a federal problem.

IN other words...Screw the 9/11 responders.

I never said that, it's not a federal problem, workers are the responsibility of their employers, city and State They are no different than any other employee, they were being paid to do a job, if that job makes them sick or kills them, we have systems in place to deal with it. You're not going to give every worker in the US the same benefits, are you? What happened to equal treatment under the law?

Is there a time limit on this? Seriously, we give the widows about 5 million each. Joan Rivers caught hell over pointing out the obvious. Offer any fireman’s wife 5 million if he dies and there will suddenly be a shit ton of firemen “home accidents”. As far as the rest are concerned how long do we need to pay? We’ve been paying for 18 years now. Those kids are grown up. Go get a job. The wife gets SS benefits. The fireman still has healthcare and disability.

So why the hell are we extending this crap another 75 years?
I don’t see how you could he so profoundly ignorant about the actual facts.

Why should the feds be funding this? Are the States too good to use their workers compensation monies? Everything is not a federal problem.

I never said that, it's not a federal problem, workers are the responsibility of their employers, city and State They are no different than any other employee, they were being paid to do a job, if that job makes them sick or kills them, we have systems in place to deal with it. You're not going to give every worker in the US the same benefits, are you? What happened to equal treatment under the law?

Are you suggesting that these people shouldn’t get the compensation if New York won’t fund it?

Are you suggesting that these people shouldn’t get the compensation if New York won’t fund it?

Yep, once again, it's not the feds job. They are NOT the bandaid for every little booboo in the country.

How dare an elected official worry about how we are going to pay for something.

What the hell were they thinking, this is Merica, we do not think about how to pay for things...we just do it and let our kids and grand kids pay for it.

To roughly quote AOC:

"The world is going to end in 12 years unless we cut emissions by at least half. Don't worry about how to pay for it right now."

What the hell were they thinking, this is Merica, we do not think about how to pay for things...we just do it and let our kids and grand kids pay for it.

To roughly quote AOC:

"The world is going to end in 12 years unless we cut emissions by at least half. Don't worry about how to pay for it right now."
She could have worded this better, but what she meant is that 12 years is the tipping point. Meaning, in 12 years, the earth will be on an irreversible path to destruction.

I get where your coming from and do not necessarily disagree. But I am sure these 2 did their due diligence on how those tax cuts where going to be paid for, AMIRITE?

Yep, once again, it's not the feds job. They are NOT the bandaid for every little booboo in the country.

9/11 was not a little booboo. It's the Federal Governments job to protect against external attacks. They failed. 9/11 was declared a National Emergency by Bush. For almost twenty years America has accepted responsibility for healrh care costs and support incurred by first responders. Now, like deadbeats, a couple of deplorable's are suggesting we weasel out of our responsibilities.

9/11 was not a little booboo. It's the Federal Governments job to protect against external attacks. They failed. 9/11 was declared a National Emergency by Bush. For almost twenty years America has accepted responsibility for healrh care costs and support incurred by first responders. Now, like deadbeats, a couple of deplorable's are suggesting we weasel out of our responsibilities.

Actually they are demanding it be paid for, not put on the national credit card. How is that unreasonable? I'm the one saying it's not feds job, we already have systems in place for workers who become ill or are killed on the job. If you don't give the same benefits to the rookie cop that is killed on the job, you have an equal treatment under the law issue. Of course you commies have never really been too concerned about the Constitution.

Forum List

Back