Two Former Prominent Trump Supporters Explain Why They're Backing RFK Jr.

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
A very interesting, informative 8-minute video by two former prominent Trump supporters, Brett Weinstein and Ryan Cole, talking about why they're backing Robert F. Kennedy Jr. this time around. They cogently express some of my reasons for supporting RFK Jr.

A very interesting, informative 8-minute video by two former prominent Trump supporters, Brett Weinstein and Ryan Cole, talking about why they're backing Robert F. Kennedy Jr. this time around. They cogently express some of my reasons for supporting RFK Jr.

They mention accountability for COVID. How do they think Kennedy is going to do that? Who is Kennedy going to bring in to his administration? How is Kennedy going to fight back against a hostile Congress and press?
What exactly has Kennedy accomplished? Has he run in the past for POTUS or any other office, if not why?

Well, they are more in line with a liberal democrat.
It's not rocket science.
One citizen=One vote

My only question would be is how prominent were they actually supporting Trump?
It's a pretty subjective term
Prominent is supposed to be someone most people have heard of.

Before this thread I didn't know that either of these prominent assholes existed. :iagree:

RFK Jr. is a far left nutter.
Actually, RFK Jr. holds a number of conservative views, including sealing the border, deporting illegal immigrants, requiring a photo ID to vote, gun rights, supporting Israel, not raising the capital gains tax, opposing efforts to defund the police, banning biological males from participating in female sports, and several others. Even many of his liberal views are somewhat centrist and not your standard liberal positions when you examine them more closely, such as his position on Ukraine. Beyond this, I believe he is the only candidate who is not a blind partisan and who can start to heal the bitter partisan strife that is threatening our country.

Check this out:

I might add that he is the most educated candidate in the race, holding degrees from Harvard University, the University of Virginia, and Pace University, and having studied economics at the London School of Economics.

Last edited:
Actually, RFK Jr. holds a number of conservative views, including sealing the border, deporting illegal immigrants, requiring a photo ID to vote, gun rights, supporting Israel, not raising the capital gains tax, opposing efforts to defund the police, banning biological males from participating in female sports, and several others. Even many of his liberal views are somewhat centrist and not your standard liberal positions when you examine them more closely, such as his position on Ukraine. Beyond this, I believe he is the only candidate who is not a blind partisan and who can start to heal the bitter partisan strife that is threatening our country.

Check this out:

I might add that he is the most educated candidate in the race, holding degrees from Harvard University, the University of Virginia, and Pace University, and having studied economics at the London School of Economics.

He's a leftoid. Hell, Schumer was for a strong border a decade ago.

He's all in on the climate BS, and believes "climate deniers" should be imprisoned.

He's a leftoid. Hell, Schumer was for a strong border a decade ago.

No, he's not. No leftoid would hold the conservative views he holds. Are you aware that leftists are accusing him of being "right-wing" over his stance on the border, on immigration, on guns, on Israel, etc.?

He's all in on the climate BS, and believes "climate deniers" should be imprisoned.
No, he does not think those who disagree with the climate-change claims should be jailed.

RFK Jr. just came out in favor of FULL TERM, on-demand abortion“ We should leave it to the woman”“Even if it’s full term?”“Even if it’s full term.”

Go watch the whole segment. Johnny Maga snipped most of the segment on abortion. He snipped the part where Kennedy says, "I think there's a very good argument that the state has an interest, a compelling argument, has an interest in protecting a fully formed fetus. I absolutely think that that argument is very convincing," but that he still thinks the woman should have the final say. He also says, "I don't think it's ever ok" to abort a late-term baby. Then, he says "we should do everything in our power to make sure that never happens"--everything short of a mandate from the state.

And, if you read his full statement on abortion, he says "every abortion is a tragedy," and then explains that he will take numerous actions to reduce the number of abortions by educating women about abortion, by educating women not to fear child birth, by raising the child tax credit, by providing funding to enable poor mothers to be able to have their babies, by making adoption easier and more affordable, etc., etc.

In short, he believes abortion is wrong and that we should seek to persuade and incentivize women not have abortions, that we should do all we can to reduce the number of abortions, but he also believes that the woman should have the final say.

As a pro-lifer, I can tolerate Kennedy's position on abortion. I find it much less offensive than the standard liberal view on abortion. I can tolerate Kennedy's position because he acknowledges that abortion is wrong and a tragedy and because he is committed to reducing the number of abortions. Plus, after Dobbs, it really does not make a huge difference what a President thinks about abortion because abortion is now a state issue. The Supreme Court has already ruled that states can impose bans on abortion after a certain period of time.

No, he's not. No leftoid would hold the conservative views he holds. Are you aware that leftists are accusing him of being "right-wing" over his stance on the border, on immigration, on guns, on Israel, etc.?

No, he does not think those who disagree with the climate-change claims should be jailed.

Go watch the whole segment. Johnny Maga snipped most of the segment on abortion. He snipped the part where Kennedy says, "I think there's a very good argument that the state has an interest, a compelling argument, has an interest in protecting a fully formed fetus. I absolutely think that that argument is very convincing," but that he still thinks the woman should have the final say. He also says, "I don't think it's ever ok" to abort a late-term baby. Then, he says "we should do everything in our power to make sure that never happens"--everything short of a mandate from the state.

And, if you read his full statement on abortion, he says "every abortion is a tragedy," and then explains that he will take numerous actions to reduce the number of abortions by educating women about abortion, by educating women not to fear child birth, by raising the child tax credit, by providing funding to enable poor mothers to be able to have their babies, by making adoption easier and more affordable, etc., etc.

In short, he believes abortion is wrong and that we should seek to persuade and incentivize women not have abortions, that we should do all we can to reduce the number of abortions, but he also believes that the woman should have the final say.

As a pro-lifer, I can tolerate Kennedy's position on abortion. I find it much less offensive than the standard liberal view on abortion. I can tolerate Kennedy's position because he acknowledges that abortion is wrong and a tragedy and because he is committed to reducing the number of abortions. Plus, after Dobbs, it really does not make a huge difference what a President thinks about abortion because abortion is now a state issue. The Supreme Court has already ruled that states can impose bans on abortion after a certain period of time.

He's left on 95%+ of issues.

He's left on 95%+ of issues.
Apparently, for some reason, you really want to believe this, but it is demonstrably false. He's conservative on guns, the border, immigration, the police, transgender males in female sports, protecting kids from transgender surgery and transition drugs, religious freedom, photo ID requirement for voting, mail-in ballots, the capital gains tax, and several other issues.

Forum List

Back