two corporations control america

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
there are two organizations that control America and I am not talking about big car companies. I'm talking about two political parties known as democrat and republican. Think about this for a moment . How hard is it to run as a new political party. You won't draw enough votes from either side to form a majority because people tend to be loyal to their parties (unfortunately! Can you say cult). There is enough rigging of the system to guarantee that one party will dominate in certain areas. One such scheme is redrawing districts such that each district will have far more of one party than any other. This pretty well assures one party will stay in power as long as the demographics stay the same.

This brings me to an interesting observation which is that both of these parties are older than 150 years. The Democratic Party has been around since Jefferson and the Republican Party has been around since the civil party. I'm sure whatever issues that caused the formation of these parties have been resolved so why are they still around?

It just seems that these two parties have woven themselves into the political system in such a way that they can't be dissolved. They are just going to be around forever with party chairmen handing the reins of power to the next generation. They pick the candidates that will ultimately run this country which means the parties themselves get to decide how this country will be run. How much power do these people have over us?

They have so much control over the political system that if someone wanted to start a new political movement they are forced to infiltrate the parties where they will meet resistance. It reminds me of the internal conflict between the tea party and the Republican Party or the conflict between the new and old democrats in the sixties.

The title of the thread is two "corporations".... The parties aren't corporations, as far as I know. That is why they are called parties, is it not. My point is, can the title fit the thread so we aren't conned into reading something that is not what the subject matter was stated to be about. I'm assuming it was an innocent oversight, but I see this a lot and on other forums, too. Not sure if it is primarily trolls trying to solicit readership, but it is irritating to say the least.

It takes two to tango, it's a two-party system. You can always go to the dance, and stand against the walls watching. We won't mind...

But I thought the goal was a one party system.
Nope. We like a divided government here. That pretty much grinds the wheels of progress to a halt, by design.

I suppose it would suck being a one party system.

After all, who wants to assume responsibility for anything? With the two party system, they just point the finger, or give us the finger, depending on your perspective, and the sheeple just eat it up.

• Banned
The title of the thread is two "corporations".... The parties aren't corporations, as far as I know. That is why they are called parties, is it not. My point is, can the title fit the thread so we aren't conned into reading something that is not what the subject matter was stated to be about. I'm assuming it was an innocent oversight, but I see this a lot and on other forums, too. Not sure if it is primarily trolls trying to solicit readership, but it is irritating to say the least.

It seems that democrats whine and cry about supposed corporate power that I decided to use corporations just to get attention. I definitely do think that corporations have to much power such as the health insurance industry forcing us to buy their products. It kind of reminds me of the trade federation forcing the innocent planet of naboo to sign there treaty. The left then complains about how bad the free market is but the last time I checked I wasn't forced to buy a product in the free market. I would like to scream go fuck yourself to the federal government but I could be arrested by homeland security. I love living in this country! It is so much fun right now. I've stopped believing that this is land of the free. It hasn't been that way since the sixties because this country had to listen to those damn dirty hippies.

It takes two to tango, it's a two-party system. You can always go to the dance, and stand against the walls watching. We won't mind...

Nope. We like a divided government here. That pretty much grinds the wheels of progress to a halt, by design.

I suppose it would suck being a one party system.

After all, who wants to assume responsibility for anything? With the two party system, they just point the finger, or give us the finger, depending on your perspective, and the sheeple just eat it up.
Now you're catching to the plan...

• Banned

If you mean the communist agenda, yes. Thank God (or Obama as you believe). Democracy is a slow process anyways and gridlock ensures that the eventual will of the people will emerge because when something does happen it takes an overwhelming majority to make it happen.

... that I decided to use corporations just to get attention.

So you were trolling for readership. Whatever! Thanks for nothing.

there are two organizations that control America and I am not talking about big car companies. I'm talking about two political parties known as democrat and republican. Think about this for a moment . How hard is it to run as a new political party. You won't draw enough votes from either side to form a majority because people tend to be loyal to their parties (unfortunately! Can you say cult). There is enough rigging of the system to guarantee that one party will dominate in certain areas. One such scheme is redrawing districts such that each district will have far more of one party than any other. This pretty well assures one party will stay in power as long as the demographics stay the same.

This brings me to an interesting observation which is that both of these parties are older than 150 years. The Democratic Party has been around since Jefferson and the Republican Party has been around since the civil party. I'm sure whatever issues that caused the formation of these parties have been resolved so why are they still around?

It just seems that these two parties have woven themselves into the political system in such a way that they can't be dissolved. They are just going to be around forever with party chairmen handing the reins of power to the next generation. They pick the candidates that will ultimately run this country which means the parties themselves get to decide how this country will be run. How much power do these people have over us?

They have so much control over the political system that if someone wanted to start a new political movement they are forced to infiltrate the parties where they will meet resistance. It reminds me of the internal conflict between the tea party and the Republican Party or the conflict between the new and old democrats in the sixties.

The democrats actually founded under Andrew Jackson and hated Jefferson, terming him "that damned Republican."

The Party of Lincoln was formed as a revival of Jefferson's Republicans, after the collapse of the Whigs.

If you mean the communist agenda, yes. Thank God (or Obama as you believe). Democracy is a slow process anyways and gridlock ensures that the eventual will of the people will emerge because when something does happen it takes an overwhelming majority to make it happen.

There was actually more turnover in the former USSR government than there is the US Congress.

Forum List

Back