TV Show Critiques - SEAL Team and The Brave

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
A lot is being said about the new military Special OPs TV shows, The Brave Army) and SEAL Team (Navy), now in their second seasons. Although I am an Army veteran, I hold no favoritism to the NBC Army Special Forces show, The Brave. I really have as much admiration for the Navy and all the US military forces, as I do for any one of them.

That being said, I hve clear choice of The Brave as the better of these 2 shows. Besides the fact that The Brave is one of the best TV shows I've EVER seen, in 60+ years of TV watching, one of its good traits is that it doesn't make the mistake of overdosing us with the personal stuff.

Unfortunately, that is exacly the fault I find with CBS' SEAL Team. Invariably, SEAL Team shows tend to douse us with soap opera like scenes, just as we are getting interested in the team's special OP activities. I have to say this is choking the show, and I'd recommend a reduction and minimization of the personals, in future episodes.

If we want this much personal content in our shows, we've got daytime TV soap operas for that. Bottom line is, for now, The Brave holds my interest for every minute of its full hour. With SEAL Team, it's a struggle to do that.

The Unit was the best show ever IMO.
Almost ties with Banshee, Spartacus and Strike Back.

So The Brave is action packed huh?

I'll have to check it out.

Forum List

Back