TV (Netflix, HBO, etc) series worth binging?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I have run out of series - mainly on Netflix - that I found worth watching.

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

When I was a kid, I always liked Hogan's Heroes and learning about WW2.

Although I think what I really like about the program was the fact it stirred up people back then that lived through the war and were in Mr. Hitler's camps. They didn't think that the holocaust was as funny as it was portrayed on TV.

Any suggestions?

Although I think what I really like about the program was the fact it stirred up people back then that lived through the war and were in Mr. Hitler's camps. They didn't think that the holocaust was as funny as it was portrayed on TV.
Sad to think someone believes they learned about WWII watching Hogan’s Heroes

I was watching "Reign" for a while. It was good, but then I just gravitated towards other activities.

Also, there was a British series for a while called "The Bodyguard" which was really good...

Any suggestions?

"i know nothing"
"SHULTZ!!"

"The Boys" on amazon prime looks interesting. A more adult 'superhero' theme show? Not sure. I'm going to give it a look in a few days provided I get time away from My Covid spreading activities.

Any suggestions?

"i know nothing"
"SHULTZ!!"

Tremendous program, WW2 was still fresh back in the 1960's, a lot of people who lived through the war were still around.

I remember how the Germans and Japanese tried to take over the WWWF by sending nazis like Waldo Von Erich and Hans Mortier to America to try and reestablish a 4th Reich. The people were really upset about Germans goosestepping through our streets back then.

Netflix, Amazon Primes and others are not worth watching anymore because of filthy diversity and SJW bullshit.

For instance, I decided to give "Upload" a try. Fifteen minutes in you had Negroes, biracial marriages and queers.

Fuck it.

Have no idea what your tastes or preferences are so hard to really make any good suggestions. But if you like try Longmier. Set in Wyoming present day. Sheriff against bad guys.
Try The Last Kingdom. Viking versus England. With a bit of church versus state thrown in. Try The Ranch. Set in Colorado. Comedy with family dynamics.

BOSCH--Amazon Prime Video.

Two Reviews of this Amazing 6 series show;

What a great series! Excellent writing, a fabulous cast whose acting is superb, compelling episodes that leave you in "can't wait" mode for the next one! My husband and I "binge-watched" the entire series over the past 5 days and I don't regret a single minute! We especially enjoyed the evolution of the character of Bosch's daughter; Maddie, portrayed by the wonderful actress; Madison Lintz.⭐ Watching Maddie go from a young high school student, very unaware of the cruelty life can throw your w ...MORE
10 people found this helpful.
Helpful

The best movies and tv shows come from books, and a series based on a series is as good as it gets! Michael Connelly has already published fifteen books about Detective Harry Bosch, meaning there is a ton of material and angles to be used, deep background and personalities on all the characters, and some amazing stories to tell!

Harry Bosch is an L.A. homicide detective, a special forces veteran of the Iraq war, and a man who takes each case personally. Bosch is the best detective on the force

Titus Welliver delivers perfectly.

Titus Welliver February 2015.jpg

Netflix, Amazon Primes and others are not worth watching anymore because of filthy diversity and SJW bullshit.

For instance, I decided to give "Upload" a try. Fifteen minutes in you had Negroes, biracial marriages and queers.

Fuck it.
I left NTFX over two years ago when they started all that PC unwanted content for people like me who don't like it. Went to Amazon Prime and it is going that way but still much content I enjoy.

BOSCH--Amazon Prime Video.

Two Reviews of this Amazing 6 series show;

What a great series! Excellent writing, a fabulous cast whose acting is superb, compelling episodes that leave you in "can't wait" mode for the next one! My husband and I "binge-watched" the entire series over the past 5 days and I don't regret a single minute! We especially enjoyed the evolution of the character of Bosch's daughter; Maddie, portrayed by the wonderful actress; Madison Lintz.⭐ Watching Maddie go from a young high school student, very unaware of the cruelty life can throw your w ...MORE
10 people found this helpful.
Helpful

The best movies and tv shows come from books, and a series based on a series is as good as it gets! Michael Connelly has already published fifteen books about Detective Harry Bosch, meaning there is a ton of material and angles to be used, deep background and personalities on all the characters, and some amazing stories to tell!

Harry Bosch is an L.A. homicide detective, a special forces veteran of the Iraq war, and a man who takes each case personally. Bosch is the best detective on the force

Titus Welliver delivers perfectly.

Titus Welliver February 2015.jpg

I had enough of watching anything that takes place in LA. Not exactly real America.

Downton Abbey is an excellent british historical series comprised of about 60 episodes. ... :thup:
Yes, that was excellent. Since you enjoyed it, SM, I offer another one similar to it that I loved and is now on Prime: Masterpiece Theatre, Upstairs/Downstairs. Many seasons. :)

Forum List

Back