TV Advertising pushing social agendas with role reversal and transgenders

I record almost every show I watch. I fast forward through commercials and even scenes I don't want to waste my time with. The problem with commercials is that when they contain material that people reject, they don't see the product. I know that there are commercials leaning hard on interracial or same sex couples but I can't tell you for the world what they are selling.

I don't see any correlation between showing sex role reversals and/or transgender children and inter-racial couples.
Inter racial couples are an obvious normal thing. Whether you like it or not.
Woman acting like men, and men acting like women in everyday settings is not normal, and cross dressing 8 year olds is not normal either.
Welcome to the 21st century...

Uh...no.
In the 21st Century, it is not a normal sight to see an 8 year old cross dresser.
Sorry
I know, years ago they called it natural in fact a thousand years ago they pretty much wore the same type of garments..

:rolleyes:

I record almost every show I watch. I fast forward through commercials and even scenes I don't want to waste my time with. The problem with commercials is that when they contain material that people reject, they don't see the product. I know that there are commercials leaning hard on interracial or same sex couples but I can't tell you for the world what they are selling.

Again with the inter-racial couples.
This has nothing to do with gender role reversals and now even cross dressing kids used in advertising.
Inter racial marriage is totally normal and quite common. I was married for 27 years to a Mexican, I am as white as they come.

This has nothing to do with gender role reversals and now even cross dressing kids used in advertising.
Inter racial marriage is totally normal and quite common. I was married for 27 years to a Mexican, I am as white as they come.

Interracial marriage is common but not quite common. People tend to pay more attention to advertising when the actors in those commercials look like the people they are advertising to. It is not at all unusual for a european looking person to be married to a mexican appearing person, but in advertising the majority of couples aren't mexican/American mixed and so will not be the target audience of such advertising.

Interracial marriage is common but not quite common. People tend to pay more attention to advertising when the actors in those commercials look like the people they are advertising to. It is not at all unusual for a european looking person to be married to a mexican appearing person, but in advertising the majority of couples aren't mexican/American mixed and so will not be the target audience of such advertising.

I get that, but I don't believe that is distracting. To me anyway.
But seeing an advertisement for say Tide detergent, and a kid comes running in with dirt all over them and the kid takes off the helmet and it is a girl, meanwhile you also see her brother in the background practicing a baton....your right...I would compltely forget who the commercial was for and only think how dumb it is.

We have all seen the TV ads showing sex role reversals; the man asleep, exhausted after taking care of their baby - and the woman wearing overalls and putting together the crib...the tough looking construction guy sitting in his big tough truck...with a tiny woman in a little car - jump starting his vehicle while he sits inside keeping warm. And on and on.
And recently we are now seeing TV ads showing transgender parents, and even transgender KIDS.

Advertising agencies are actively trying to push a reality that isn't there.

Discuss

The reality is here already. What you are complaining about is that advertising agencies don't "push" the stereotypes that you folks want to force on American society. People aren't stereotypes, they are individual people. Why should advertisers be concerned with complying with your opinions? Stop whining.

We have all seen the TV ads showing sex role reversals; the man asleep, exhausted after taking care of their baby - and the woman wearing overalls and putting together the crib...the tough looking construction guy sitting in his big tough truck...with a tiny woman in a little car - jump starting his vehicle while he sits inside keeping warm. And on and on.
And recently we are now seeing TV ads showing transgender parents, and even transgender KIDS.

Discuss

The reality is here already. What you are complaining about is that advertising agencies don't "push" the stereotypes that you folks want to force on American society. People aren't stereotypes, they are individual people. Why should advertisers be concerned with complying with your opinions? Stop whining.

Only of you will stop trolling

Does anyone really care what kind of family is shown on a commercial selling breakfast cereal or whatnot? Are you afraid driving a certain kind of car will 'turn' you gay, or eating Cheerios will cause you to lose your deathgrip on some idiotic obsession with race and procreation? You don't have bigger shit to worry about?

I get that, but I don't believe that is distracting. To me anyway.
But seeing an advertisement for say Tide detergent, and a kid comes running in with dirt all over them and the kid takes off the helmet and it is a girl, meanwhile you also see her brother in the background practicing a baton....your right...I would compltely forget who the commercial was for and only think how dumb it is.

That's what you think you would do. In reality, in the subconscious part of your brain, you wouldn't even see the commercial. It would be movement of light and sound and that's about it. But I agree some commercials are so dumb you forget what the product is and only remember the stupidity of the commercial. I am reminded of the one with Sophia Vergara and her noisily smacking her lips. I remember the racket her silicone smackers made but have no idea what it was she was selling.

Does anyone really care what kind of family is shown on a commercial selling breakfast cereal or whatnot? Are you afraid driving a certain kind of car will 'turn' you gay, or eating Cheerios will cause you to lose your deathgrip on some idiotic obsession with race and procreation? You don't have bigger shit to worry about?

That is an overreaction.
At least for me.
I just don't see why an ad agency would advise a client to make political statements while selling soda, or whatever.
Having said that, you bet I am offended seeing advertising using a small little boy dressed up as a girl and making that appear normal.
That is fucked up. Actual true transgender is extraordinarily rare. And now according to a report by BBC "surgery regret" is reaching 20% of male to female procedures. And now we are pushing this recent madness onto our own damn children!!
I am not a transgender denier. I totally believe it is real, and have zero issues with someone with the disorder to surgically change their sex or choose to live like the other. Perfectly fine with it.
I live in a college town. Even just 5 years ago, I might see a cross dresser once a month. Today...it would be unlikely to go to a public place where there are a lot of people and NOT see at least one. It is becoming a fad.
This is crazy.

Discuss

Since when is disagreeing with you "trolling"?

But seeing an advertisement for say Tide detergent, and a kid comes running in with dirt all over them and the kid takes off the helmet and it is a girl, meanwhile you also see her brother in the background practicing a baton....your right...I would compltely forget who the commercial was for and only think how dumb it is
Yes, females play sports that require helmets. Take a look at our U.S. Women's Hockey Team, who won us a gold medal:

Gold Medal-Winning 2018 U.S. Olympic Women’s Ice Hockey Team Returns Home to Celebrate in Multiple U.S. Markets

And males perform with batons. Sometimes they use rifles or drumsticks instead of batons. Ever see a drum-line, a close-order drill, a marching band?

They are pushing multi-racial couples

A couple can be bi-racial. To be multi-racial, one or more members of the couple must be mixed-race.

97a3290459b07f69820f831388296610.jpg
Or mixed gender, looking at those two.

Discuss

Since when is disagreeing with you "trolling"?

But seeing an advertisement for say Tide detergent, and a kid comes running in with dirt all over them and the kid takes off the helmet and it is a girl, meanwhile you also see her brother in the background practicing a baton....your right...I would compltely forget who the commercial was for and only think how dumb it is
Yes, females play sports that require helmets. Take a look at our U.S. Women's Hockey Team, who won us a gold medal:

Gold Medal-Winning 2018 U.S. Olympic Women’s Ice Hockey Team Returns Home to Celebrate in Multiple U.S. Markets

And males perform with batons. Sometimes they use rifles or drumsticks instead of batons. Ever see a drum-line, a close-order drill, a marching band?

Yes that is by definition trolling.
Trolling is providing a ridiculous, or exaggerated argument for the sake of arguing.

Discuss

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Don't watch TV, don't read the newspapers, don't go online, don't go into cities where there's advertising, and you too can be a neanderthal.
Only in the world of a loon is not being open to cutting off your dick or being open to getting shit on your dick while ramming a guy, make you a neanderthal.

I guess you haven't noticed the MASSIVE decline in TV ratings over the years? Wholesome shows with good ratings are canceled while the garbage with low ratings is left on. And the leftist nuts can't figure out why people cut the cord or pirate entertainment....

They are pushing multi-racial couples big time in advertising. I haven't seen the gender-confused commercials yet though. And sure, one can just change the channel and not watch. That isn't the issue, though. The issue is that those who think they are 'evolved and diverse' by accepting what is being shown are actually swallowing the insanity that a mental illness is perfectly normal. smh
I have no problem with multi-racial couples at all, that has been happening since the early 1970's. But then the liberals of today are insulting the blacks of yesteryear by insinuating that fucking another mans ass, is the same as being treated equal in employment and voting....
They've been showing that in commercials?????
These so called straight guys always target the "ass fucking" for some reason...??
It always appears to be the first thing that comes to their minds. Why?

Get a DVR and never be subjected to the garbage again.

I don't remember the last commercial I saw on regular TV.

I don't watch regular TV. I do watch some shows on Hulu, I pay I think $6.99 a month for "limited commercials" and this is where I am seeing them.
Other than that I don't see commercials at all. We also watch Netflix and stream rent from VUDU and Fandango.

Forum List

Back