Turn your neighbor in to Obama

If this was an isolated incidence perhaps. But how often will this type of call be made? And will these calls "chill" or scare someone from posting freely on a blog, newspaper or message board?

How often a “call” will be made by the Secret Service would be based upon how many emails the Whitehouse receives and to what degree the authorities think that each email warrants investigation. As I suggested, not every call to 9-11 gets emergency services to arrive. Each email or piece of web site information forwarded by email to the Whitehouse will probably be read. It will then be handled in a variety of ways. If the information received is in the form of a complaint, the writer of the complaint might get an acknowledgement of the complaint or even an explanation. If it is misinformation, then the originator of the misinformation might be contacted with correct information from the Whitehouse. I think that each instance will be handled appropriately based on the type of information forwarded.

I doubt that this call will “chill” or scare someone from posting freely on a blog, newspaper, or message board. Such a concern reminds me of responses that arrested people make when they complain that they have done nothing wrong. The policeman, after chasing him down the street will ask why he ran. The apprehended person will say that he was scared. The policeman will then explain that if he did noting wrong, then he would have had no reason to run.

As I see it, the only chill that it might have is that people might do more research before posting, and stick to facts. They might cut back on posting hype and hyperbole.

Have you heard of someone named Michael Savage. He said some vicious things about Muslims. CAIR compiled some of his statements into a 4-minute audio clip. It then criticized Savage and asked that businesses boycott Savage. Savage sued the organization for copyright infringement but lost because of the principal of “fair use”.

Lesson: Freedom of speech includes the freedom to be quoted and criticized. Be careful about what you say. If what you are about to say (or post) is intended to be a joke or is not to be taken seriously, then preface your comments with such a disclaimer. It is as simple as that.

Last edited:
The only thing Obama is asking is for us to report e-mails, gossip, forum posts, and whatever else we might find that misrepresents the Health Care Reform Bill. They are not asking for names, e-mail adresses or anything like that. They want to know what rumors are out there, so that they may be de-bunked. They are simply trying to clear the air, and keep this debate as factual as possible. Comparing Obama or health care reform to Nazziism is ridiculous

When did Hitler or the Nazi party ever do that? Hitler did, however, use lies, myths and rumors to further his political career, much the same way Republicans are now using lies, myths and rumors about the so called "turn your neighbor in"

I was responding to that Centerist, and showing that turning in your neighbor in Nazi Germany was nothing new and further these sorts of tactics have been used in the past and are still used.

If this was an isolated incidence perhaps. But how often will this type of call be made? And will these calls "chill" or scare someone from posting freely on a blog, newspaper or message board?

How often a “call” will be made by the Secret Service would be based upon how many emails the Whitehouse receives and to what degree the authorities think that each email warrants investigation. As I suggested, not every call to 9-11 gets emergency services to arrive. Each email or piece of web site information forwarded by email to the Whitehouse will probably be read. It will then be handled in a variety of ways. If the information received is in the form of a complaint, the writer of the complaint might get an acknowledgement of the complaint or even an explanation. If it is misinformation, then the originator of the misinformation might be contacted with correct information from the Whitehouse. I think that each instance will be handled appropriately based on the type of information forwarded.

I doubt that this call will “chill” or scare someone from posting freely on a blog, newspaper, or message board. Such a concern reminds me of responses that arrested people make when they complain that they have done nothing wrong. The policeman, after chasing him down the street will ask why he ran. The apprehended person will say that he was scared. The policeman will then explain that if he did noting wrong, then he would have had no reason to run.

As I see it, the only chill that it might have is that people might do more research before posting, and stick to facts. They might cut back on posting hype and hyperbole.

Have you heard of someone named Michael Savage. He said some vicious things about Muslims. CAIR compiled some of his statements into a 4-minute audio clip. It then criticized Savage and asked that businesses boycott Savage. Savage sued the organization for copyright infringement but lost because of the principal of “fair use”.

Lesson: Freedom of speech includes the freedom to be quoted and criticized. Be careful about what you say. If what you are about to say (or post) is intended to be a joke or is not to be taken seriously, then preface your comments with such a disclaimer. It is as simple as that.

I am more talking about the freedom to criticize. I am trying to look at this from the SS's point of view and in that alone I have no large issue with this one instance. My issue is this desire to have bored partisan desk "rats",shut ins and cubie dwellers perusing the internet looking to be some hero to the government or to garner some short lived attention, when in truth most are going to be wasting the governments time and resources.

The only thing Obama is asking is for us to report e-mails, gossip, forum posts, and whatever else we might find that misrepresents the Health Care Reform Bill. They are not asking for names, e-mail adresses or anything like that. They want to know what rumors are out there, so that they may be de-bunked. They are simply trying to clear the air, and keep this debate as factual as possible. Comparing Obama or health care reform to Nazziism is ridiculous

When did Hitler or the Nazi party ever do that? Hitler did, however, use lies, myths and rumors to further his political career, much the same way Republicans are now using lies, myths and rumors about the so called "turn your neighbor in"

I was responding to that Centerist, and showing that turning in your neighbor in Nazi Germany was nothing new and further these sorts of tactics have been used in the past and are still used.

It is indeed and old tactic but now it has the new electronic twist which makes reporting so very easy and possibly impulsive.

They are simply trying to clear the air, and keep this debate as factual as possible.

Oh bullshit. They simply want to get a head start on their counterspin. Nothing wrong with that, it's simply smart politics. But call a spade a spade and get your head out of the clouds.

They want to know what rumors are out there, so that they may be de-bunked. They are simply trying to clear the air, and keep this debate as factual as possible.

So Obama is now the ultimate source of truth? His words are infallible?

Obama cannot lie?

Just wanted to clear that up...

They want to know what rumors are out there, so that they may be de-bunked. They are simply trying to clear the air, and keep this debate as factual as possible.

Obama cannot lie?

The only way that anyone will ever turn their neighbor in to Obama is by moving across the street from the White House.

Obama cannot lie?

I post a lot of things on here, and I cannot ever remember posting what you have attributed to me. In fact I have advocated the postion on here of defending the Administration for this policy of collecting data so that they may-de-bunk it. Anyone who has debated me on here, can assure you of one thing, this is an issue I have made my position pretty clear on as well as my position on the Obama Administration. Not many here would call me the biggest cheerleader of the Administration by any stretch of the imagination.

That is quite likely either the most naive or defensively partisan comment posted today...

And yet you have no rebuttal.

Your troll-fu is weak little one.
Is it?

Stop and consider something.

When hackers get caught, and they often do, how do you suppose that their identity is ascertained?

Do you honestly believe that one can report was is being said on a Federal government server and the powers that be don't know who is doing the reporting?

As you say, your troll-fu is lacking mightily.

Wha? Strawman much? A forwarded email is the equivalent of a hacker breaking laws? And since the ones doing the reporting to the government are Obama supporters, doya think that the government gives a damn about investigating them?

And no one still has an answer as to why the government would care to waste manhours and time tracking down who [email protected] is. Nor what they would do with the info when and if they are able to obtain. Not to mention the thousands upon thousands of other email addy's that they would have to marry-up with a person. Time spent doing that is time that would be better spent getting their message out. Ya know, an action that actually might work in getting their agenda passed, which data collection does not do.

No, this is Occam's razor at work here. I find it extremely comical to watch everyone get their tits in a wringer over this one.

Keep trying, you haven't come close yet.

I am more talking about the freedom to criticize. I am trying to look at this from the SS's point of view and in that alone I have no large issue with this one instance. My issue is this desire to have bored partisan desk "rats",shut ins and cubie dwellers perusing the internet looking to be some hero to the government or to garner some short lived attention, when in truth most are going to be wasting the governments time and resources.

We still have the freedom to criticize. I would like for the critic to criticize in a clear and civil way. It would also be nice for the critic to have the courage to identify himself. By doing so, the Whitehouse can the address the critic, acknowledge his criticism if it is based on fact, or correct him if it is based on a misunderstanding or error. True productive communication can be the result.

Yes, there will probably be bored partisan desk rats, searching the Internet, trying to find stuff to throw at the Whitehouse, and come across as a hero. I’m confident that the Whitehouse will be bombarded with emails. I doubt that this bombardment of emails will waste too much of the government’s time and resources. I imagine that no more than 20 percent of the emails will even be read. The government might take a random sample to examine, look for a pattern of issues, group the emails by issue, and address each issue as warranted.

For example:
(Disclaimer: I have not updated myself on Whitehouse healthcare policy ideas.)

Suppose that the Whitehouse receives 10,000 emails each day. From that number, 2,000 get read.

Suppose that 500 of these forwarded emails make the claim that all of American citizens will be insured by the government whether they want government run insurance or not. Emails claim may be grouped together.

Suppose that 200 several other emails concern the same “anti-Obamacare” website. These emails might be grouped together. Then the Whitehouse can examine the web site carefully for any errors.

Suppose that 300 emails concern a similar site. These would also be set into a group and the web site in question would be examined.

Suppose that 600 forwarded emails concern the cost of such a healthcare policy. These emails could erroneously claim, perhaps based on bad statistical work, that it would cost the government $X.XX. Some of the emails might also want to know how the government can afford to run such a program. These emails would all be grouped together.

Suppose 500 emails can be interpreted as direct or indirect threats against Obama’s safety. Those would naturally be complied and the original authors might be questioned.

The remaining 3500 emails that were pulled from the sample might be easily seen by Whitehouse authorities as silly satire unworthy of a reply.

Even though, at first glance, this project might seem daunting, I think that it can be handled without too much trouble if a sample is taken, the emails from the sample are grouped by issue, and the issues get addressed.

By the way, aren’t there partisan hacks already? Aren’t people tossing out criticisms about the Whitehouse and support to the Whitehouse? Don’t you imagine that the Whitehouse has already been getting letters of complaint and letters of support? This program is not that new a creature but perhaps an innovative approach.

Last edited:
Yeah, lets turn in the real usa citizens!!! For barry dunham aka barry soetoro aka b hussein obama aka malcolm x aka the phony prez!!! Damn dat's a lot of names!!!! Lol

yeah, the illegitimate kid of a commie teenager and malcolm x is tellin us what to do!!! phuck that chit!!

The only thing Obama is asking is for us to report e-mails, gossip, forum posts, and whatever else we might find that misrepresents the Health Care Reform Bill. They are not asking for names, e-mail adresses or anything like that. They want to know what rumors are out there, so that they may be de-bunked. They are simply trying to clear the air, and keep this debate as factual as possible. Comparing Obama or health care reform to Nazziism is ridiculous. He's not trying to spread lies and rumors, he is trying to stop them. When did Hitler or the Nazi party ever do that? Hitler did, however, use lies, myths and rumors to further his political career, much the same way Republicans are now using lies, myths and rumors about the so called "turn your neighbor in" website to discredit Obama and the Democratic party. America, please do not fall for this Republican propoganda. Republicans have been using fear to control the masses for too long. Yes, I have read 1984, and I understand it. 1984 is a work of fiction that represents one man's vision of what the world would be like under complete government control. It is not factual, nor is it based on fact. It is a slippery slope to refer to Democrats or Obama as "big brother". It's time to wake up to reality!!! Health Care Reform has been a long time coming, and to put it off any longer could be devastating! WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!
Then sit his ass in front of a PC and let him web surf sites.

These excersize in big brother should, will and must be opposed.

The only thing Obama is asking is for us to report e-mails, gossip, forum posts, and whatever else we might find that misrepresents the Health Care Reform Bill. They are not asking for names, e-mail adresses or anything like that. They want to know what rumors are out there, so that they may be de-bunked. They are simply trying to clear the air, and keep this debate as factual as possible. Comparing Obama or health care reform to Nazziism is ridiculous. He's not trying to spread lies and rumors, he is trying to stop them. When did Hitler or the Nazi party ever do that? Hitler did, however, use lies, myths and rumors to further his political career, much the same way Republicans are now using lies, myths and rumors about the so called "turn your neighbor in" website to discredit Obama and the Democratic party. America, please do not fall for this Republican propoganda. Republicans have been using fear to control the masses for too long. Yes, I have read 1984, and I understand it. 1984 is a work of fiction that represents one man's vision of what the world would be like under complete government control. It is not factual, nor is it based on fact. It is a slippery slope to refer to Democrats or Obama as "big brother". It's time to wake up to reality!!! Health Care Reform has been a long time coming, and to put it off any longer could be devastating! WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!

Do you understand how the internet works? If I forward your email then your email address goes along for the ride. Want to dispute this? Bring it! It's a fact.

If you forward an email to ANYONE they can see who originated it. This is clearly a threat to the 1st amendment. Anyone that doesn't oppose what the WH is asking we do is in opposition to what America stands for. We should be 100% free to communicate with each other without the gov't monitoring us. Do you agree or disagree?

Secret Service Spaz-zes over radio comment
By Laura Crimaldi
Saturday, August 8, 2009

Secret Service agents yesterday interviewed a “Hill-Man Morning Show” co-host at the WAAF [website]-FM studios in Brighton after he made a threatening comment about President Obama while talking about the national health care proposal.

Anthony Parziale, who is known to listeners as “Spaz” on the Greg Hill-hosted morning-drive program, plans to write a letter to Obama to apologize for his remarks and invite the commander-in-chief for a beer, said George Regan, a spokesman for Entercom Communications Corp., which owns WAAF.

“He plays a tough-guy role on the show. He regretted what he said,” Regan said. “It wasn’t meant to be said in that context.”

Robert Buster, assistant special agent in charge of the Secret Service’s Boston field office, confirmed the probe but declined to elaborate. “It’s an ongoing investigation,” Buster said.

Regan said agents concluded Parziale did not mean any harm.

“I think they realized that there was no malice in what he did,” Regan said. “I think he probably had a rough Friday.”

The incident has no bearing on Parziale’s employment status, Regan said.

Parziale, who did not return a call seeking comment, is a sidekick on the five-member morning program. The WAAF Web site describes Parziale as “not normal.” “He likes heavy hotties, mac and cheese, and rap music. We can’t figure it out either,” the Web site states.

Secret Service Spaz-zes over radio comment - BostonHerald.com
Lousy reporting. I am not sure what he did say exactly but he apologized so may have warranted SS attention.

I am wondering how often the SS received calls before. Is there an increase or just an increase in reporting?

Last edited:
When an on-air personality threatens someone during a broadcast, it's likely to incite the audience.

Might not have to fire the dirtbag, but at least take away his mic.

Do you understand how the internet works? If I forward your email then your email address goes along for the ride. Want to dispute this? Bring it! It's a fact.

If you forward an email to ANYONE they can see who originated it. This is clearly a threat to the 1st amendment. Anyone that doesn't oppose what the WH is asking we do is in opposition to what America stands for. We should be 100% free to communicate with each other without the gov't monitoring us. Do you agree or disagree?

You do understand how a computer works?

The content of an e mail can be forwarded without including any address but your own.

No one has asked for people's e mail addresses, have they?

YOU are in control of what goes out in an e mail, forwarded or otherwise.

The White House wants to know public opinion on this matter. I guess it is strange, after the Bush years, for the White House to actually give a damn what people think about what they are doing.

Forum List

Back