Turkish PM clears way for Iraq assault

UN Annan plan included a confederation system like Switzerland.
Annan plan failed, the island will never be reunited. That was the last chance.
The plan included 2 seperate regions with own parliaments, legislation etc. And one central parliament where both communities are in and represent country to foreign world.

In case one day Turkey leaves the Island with Military, it will not "hand out" the island to Greeks. It will be handed out to Turkish Cypriots community which live in a confederation together with Greek Cypriots, and everything on the island is shared democartically by population statistics of both Communities.
Turkish Military is by request of Turkish Cypriot community on the island.
Not Gainst the will of the people of North-Cyprus.

North-Cyprus has their on judiciary, legislation, elections, State president and Prime Minister. Also different partys then those of Turkey.
This entity will exist forever and Turkey is its guarantee.
When one day the island reunites, it will be on thie basis of a confederation where existing structures and self-government exist. Like the Annan Plan.

As long as Turkish Cypriot community via Prime Minister or State President, representing the will of the Turkish Cypriot citizens, don't request Turkish Army to leave the island, Turkish Army will stay.
What EU or someone thinks about this is secundary. So easy. We do not occupy the island.
We have by request of local community a military presence there.
A local community, which was massacred by South-Cypriots in an reunification (ENOSIS) plan with Greece.

That's it. Neither EU does demand from Turkey to "vacate" the island nor would Turkey follow such demand. The only binding thing here is the will of the Turkish Cypriots.
And as long a fair reunification doesn't happen, Turkish Cypriots will not send Turkish Army away. We do not occupy them. They have free will.
We just supply them with money, water and Human Capital.
Over the rest be it political system, where budget spendings go etc etc. is the will of Turkish Cypriot government, which is elected by Turkish Cypriots.

If Turkey wish to join the EU they have to recognise the Republic of Cyprus as an entity and a member of the EU and open their shipping ports and airports to the Cypriot nation.Under the Annan plan which was accepted by the Turkish Cypriots and not by the Greek Cypriots, the Turks would have withdrawn troops from Cyprus as a measure of goodwill and given back territory.What do you not understand?

If Turkey wish to join the EU they have to recognise the Republic of Cyprus as an entity and a member of the EU and open their shipping ports and airports to the Cypriot nation.Under the Annan plan which was accepted by the Turkish Cypriots and not by the Greek Cypriots, the Turks would have withdrawn troops from Cyprus as a measure of goodwill and given back territory.What do you not understand?

Wrong. Under Annan Plan Turkish Army would have reduced troops. Not withdrawn completely. Big difference.
Also South-Cypriot would have reduced its troop sizes.

What do you not understand?
I understand very well.
And everyone engageing with this issue does also know, that without a lasting and peacefull settlement on the island, Turkey will not recognize South-Cyprus.

A reunified island in which the Greek Community is part of, Turkey would have recognized. Like Annan-Plan.
No solution = No recognition of Greek entity on the island.

South-Cyprus may be part of EU, but not EU is location for settlement of problems on the island, as then the judge would also be a side-taker.
The supervision of the Cyprus issue is by the UN and this is also acknowledged by EU itself, to the mispleasure of South-Cyprus.

What will be in future we all will see, but Turkey not recognizing South-Cyprus did not hinder EU, inclusive South-Cyprus, to open accession talks with Turkey.
There are also other forces at work within EU, like Business-lobby, which tiny South-Cyprus is a shit against within EU.

Wrong. Under Annan Plan Turkish Army would have reduced troops. Not withdrawn completely. Big difference.

I understand very well.
And everyone engageing with this issue does also know, that without a lasting and peacefull settlement on the island, Turkey will not recognize South-Cyprus.

A reunified island in which the Greek Community is part of, Turkey would have recognized. Like Annan-Plan.

South-Cyprus may be part of EU, but not EU is location for settlement of problems on the island, as then the judge would also be a side-taker.
The supervision of the Cyprus issue is by the UN and this is also acknowledged by EU itself, to the mispleasure of South-Cyprus.

What will be in future we all will see, but Turkey not recognizing South-Cyprus did not hinder EU, inclusive South-Cyprus, to open accession talks with Turkey.
There are also other forces at work within EU, like Business-lobby, which tiny South-Cyprus is a shit against within EU.

You still here? I thought maybe the PPK had finally caught up with you, Goebbels.:badgrin:

Turkish parliament approves Iraq incursion request

Turkey's parliament approved by a large majority on Wednesday a government request to allow troops to cross into northern Iraq to crush Kurdish rebels based there.

Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan has played down expectations of an imminent offensive, but the parliamentary approval provides the legal basis for NATO's second biggest army to cross the mountainous border as and when it sees fit.
http://ca.today.reuters.com/news/Ne...0_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-TURKEY-IRAQ-APPROVAL-COL.XML

Parliament accepted with 507 votes for and 19 votes against.

c1453wv0xq2.jpg

I understand very well.

I didn't say they would have withdrawn all troops, I said they would have to withdraw troops as a measure of goodwill.There is no recognised state called South Cyprus, there is an island of Cyprus, North Cyprus is not recognised by anyone as an entity bar Turkey, until you can wrap your head around that fact we have an illegal occupation and a stalemate in negotiations to reunify the Island.

"Muslim world" will be silent. We are not Tunisia, but Turkey. Biggest economy, most-powerfull army, biggest industrial base in "Muslim world".
If someone wants to say anything, he can anyhow we will take care of them (none-military meaning) after our adventure in Iraq.

To USA:
We will see. Turkey will move into Iraq in accordance with security reasons and strategic planing. We will make no cosmetic actions.
Completely destroying PKK and its sister organization PJAK which fights in Iran. PJAK and PKK is the same.
Maybe also killing Barzani and destruction of Peshmergas as indicated by General staff in April 2007.
If USA does object, it can join sides with Terrorists and accordingly handled by Turkish Army.

LOL at this post. Right, the might Turkish Army will "handle" the American Army. You know I agree that Turkey has the right to protect itself from those who attack it but if Turkey invaded Iraq and America said stop they would stop. If Turkey and America fought I doubt for one second that the American Army would be "handled". I do know that the Turkish Army would be beat down so badly that the PKK would be able to take over your entire country in about two weeks however! You sound like you are young and a bit unrealistic in your evalution so I will give you a break.

So? You're just arguing more dumb shit. You think Turkey can stand up to the US militarily, and now you think Turkey is not dependent on the US for its defense systems.

You're willfully blind to the truth because you can't handle the fact that your country just ain't the greatest thing since sliced cheese. Tough.

You do know you will have to use nooks to beat the Turkeyonians, don’t you, Forrest.

Don't forget that you haven’t beaten anyone since you used them on them snaggle-toothed starving Jap civilians way back in WW2. Admittedly this was a military necessity. After all, it was rumoured they might be armed with bamboo spears of mass destruction! :shock:

Sorry, my bad. I wasn’t counting the Golden Grenadian Horde of two Senior Constables, a paraplegic traffic cop, and a half-dozen geriatric Cuban construction workers, that your elite Republican Guard’s Guard – in the guise of Clint Eastwood - JUST got away with, after weeks of fighting murderous friendly fire. :rofl:

You do know you will have to use nooks to beat the Turkeyonians, don’t you, Forrest.

Don't forget that you haven’t beaten anyone since you used them on them snaggle-toothed starving Jap civilians way back in WW2. Admittedly this was a military necessity. After all, it was rumoured they might be armed with bamboo spears of mass destruction! :shock:

Sorry, my bad. I wasn’t counting the Golden Grenadian Horde of two Senior Constables, a paraplegic traffic cop, and a half-dozen geriatric Cuban construction workers, that your elite Republican Guard’s Guard – in the guise of Clint Eastwood - JUST got away with, after weeks of fighting murderous friendly fire. :rofl:

So, you just make this shit up as you go along, or do you "hear" voices?

You may think your being witty, where really your just being silly, and showing the rest of us how unperceptive you actually are.

Run along now, like a good lad, I think I hear your mommie calling you..................:badgrin:

Guess you penal colony types are just lucky you don't have anything worth taking huh?

Good thing we beat them Japs too, or you'd be bowing to the bastards exclaiming "gomen asai" every-other-word.

When you get past Turkey's propaganda minister, you know as well as I do Turkey's military isn't going to confront the US military. There's no politics nor politicians in that ... just dead Turks.

TIME, always tells the tail.:eusa_whistle:

Nothing on the radar screen, don't see the Turkish Army moving off their collective ass's.

Another "international" conflict avoided.

yea, right...............:eusa_hand: :eusa_hand:

I must say mister ' AMERICANS' you do choose your wars well, why not obliterate Turkey when they invaded Cyprus? instead of trying to create criteria for war now?:eusa_clap:

I must say mister ' AMERICANS' you do choose your wars well, why not obliterate Turkey when they invaded Cyprus? instead of trying to create criteria for war now?:eusa_clap:

The only one creating criteria here is the Turk. I couldn't care less what they do.

Had Turkey joined in from the beginning, they would own a nice chunk of Northern Iraq already, and most likely with our blessing.

What happens when you're too stupid to use what God put between ears.

The only one creating criteria here is the Turk. I couldn't care less what they do.

Had Turkey joined in from the beginning, they would own a nice chunk of Northern Iraq already, and most likely with our blessing.

What happens when you're too stupid to use what God put between ears.
That is true. In 2003, had the Turks permitted (and/or joined) the 4th ID's intended move through Turkey into northern Iraq there would be no near-border sanctuary for the PKK. Turk troops would probably be stationed there now. But the Turk Parliament blocked the plan. Since there was no invading force from the north, much of the Iraqi "army" escaped the Americans coming from the south by throwing off their uniforms and hiding in the civilian population.

That is true. In 2003, had the Turks permitted (and/or joined) the 4th ID's intended move through Turkey into northern Iraq there would be no near-border sanctuary for the PKK. Turk troops would probably be stationed there now. But the Turk Parliament blocked the plan. Since there was no invading force from the north, much of the Iraqi "army" escaped the Americans coming from the south by throwing off their uniforms and hiding in the civilian population.

I'm sure Tarzan the houseboy will be along to explain why those facts are incorrect.:badgrin:

Forum List

Back