Tupperware Warns Of Collapse Unless It Finds Funds

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
A lot of commercial loans are coming due and will require refinancing. During the Fed's era of free money (2009 - 2020), American households, state and federal governments, and corporations run up astronomical sums of debt.

Now the piper is coming for his due.

At the front of the queue is Tupperware. High interest rates and low customer demand are pushing that grand old company toward the cliff of oblivion.

Tupperware, the US maker of food storage containers, has warned that it could go bust unless it can quickly raise new financing.

The 77-year-old firm said there was "substantial doubt about its ability to continue as a going concern".

Tupperware has been attempting to reposition itself to a younger audience but has failed to stop a slide in its sales.

Its shares plunged nearly 50% on Monday before recovering slightly on Tuesday.

The firm became well-known in the 1950s and 1960s when people held "Tupperware parties" in their homes to sell plastic containers for food storage.

A bit of American history, that last sentence.

In a statement, Tupperware said that its shares were in danger of being delisted from the New York Stock Exchange because it had not yet filed its annual report.

It also warned that it had to renegotiate its loans after already amending its loan agreements three times since August 2022.

Tupperware said it was struggling with higher interest costs on its borrowings while it attempts to turn the business around.

A damned shame.

Your timelime is a bit....how shall I say....erroneous

Apparently you don't know the fiscal definition of "free money" or where it came from. (Hint: there really is no such thing)
Money has value. When it's printed without regard to that value, it becomes worthless.

That has occurred well outside of the imaginary time line you offered.

Your timelime is a bit....how shall I say....erroneous

Apparently you don't know the fiscal definition of "free money" or where it came from. (Hint: there really is no such thing)
Money has value. When it's printed without regard to that value, it becomes worthless.

That has occurred well outside of the imaginary time line you offered.
Unless you got a money print shop.

Tupperware, like Avon, was, in its day, a clever marketing idea. Connecting friends with products in a social setting, was effective in days when shopping was less convenient.

However, putting on a nice dress and getting your hair done to buy cheap, plastic, bowls from China is probably not a millennial marketing strategy.

Sixties-Tupperware-party-1963-750x670.jpg

Since you can´t store food online, the good old plastic boxes work as well as ever.

I used to see a lot of those cheap containers you buy at the grocery store before I retired.
They come in packs of 4 or 5 and are disposable,people will use them until they start to fail and toss em in the trash.
And they're pretty cheap.
If I remember correctly the Wife said you can get 4 or 5 of them for two bucks.

We actually have a few pieces of tupperware for things like sugar.
We've replaced most of those for the clear hard plastic with the lever that expands the seal.
It's nice to be able to see what you're about to run out of with a quick glance into the pantry.

Tupperware, like Avon, was, in its day, a clever marketing idea. Connecting friends with products in a social setting, was effective in days when shopping was less convenient.

However, putting on a nice dress and getting your hair done to buy cheap, plastic, bowls from China is probably not a millennial marketing strategy.

View attachment 775591
Agree
Tupperwares business model is obsolete

Those old enough might remember the tall Tubberware cups. We sold them in the commissary to the convicts.

R.685d5a2a70f3d05879c98602b607a14b

They would come into the mess hall and fill them with coffee and all you could smell was the plastic as they were not meant for hot drinks. After a time they would get "seasoned" and the plastic smell would stop.

I used to see a lot of those cheap containers you buy at the grocery store before I retired.
They come in packs of 4 or 5 and are disposable,people will use them until they start to fail and toss em in the trash.
And they're pretty cheap.
If I remember correctly the Wife said you can get 4 or 5 of them for two bucks.
The cheap ones are around as long as Tupperware, maybe longer.
Some people will always buy expensive brands. I inform myself in each case. Sometimes, the expensive stuff is indeed better, sometimes not.

View attachment 775591
They can store Xylazine in there.

People finally figured out the scam was all.

Somebody would throw a Tupperware party and invite ten of their friends. Then one of those ten friends threw their own Tupperware party, and you felt obligated to attend since they went to yours. Then another guest threw a party, then another........

In the end you had 11 women all buying Tupperware they had no use for, and Tupperware made out like a bandit.

Forum List

Back