Tuition Dollars & Sense

Yeah right! Is that a joke?

EDIT - I just looked up the salaries of the professors that sat on my thesis committee. Two make ~90k, one makes ~70k. One, my advisor, makes 180k - after a 30 year career and serving as the director of one of LSU's largest research institutions.

You also neglect all the forgone salary and wages necessary to obtain a PhD and professorship. The road can be as long as 10 years long in a field like Physics. 5 years of graduate study and 5 years as a post-doctoral researcher. Then when you get hired, its 7 years until tenure can be attained.

When does that happen? In the LSU physics department TAs only teach labs and grade homework.

I think you're full of shit.
add in all the benefits including retirement they receive I'm sure it comes out as a nice package for all of them.

And they should get paid crap instead?

If you think its such a great life why not go get a PhD?

Who said that?????:cuckoo:
I'm saying they are paid very well. They do have a great life, no doubt about that.

What's the old saying? "Those that can, do, those that can't, teach."

Sure. Everything goes up. I don't know, but I would guess tht the average tenured Prof makes around $150,000 per.

Yeah right! Is that a joke?

EDIT - I just looked up the salaries of the professors that sat on my thesis committee. Two make ~90k, one makes ~70k. One, my advisor, makes 180k - after a 30 year career and serving as the director of one of LSU's largest research institutions.

You also neglect all the forgone salary and wages necessary to obtain a PhD and professorship. The road can be as long as 10 years long in a field like Physics. 5 years of graduate study and 5 years as a post-doctoral researcher. Then when you get hired, its 7 years until tenure can be attained.

To sit back and watch his TA actually do the "teaching"

When does that happen? In the LSU physics department TAs only teach labs and grade homework.

I think you're full of shit.

My Wife currently holds a MSN - working on a PhD and I know EXACTLY how much they cost jerk off.

I stand by my statement. YOUR Prof make $90,000!?! Why the HELL would you spend that much cash for THAT??

Yeah - jerk off.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back