TSA sycophants blame public for "National Opt Out Day"

I post links to back up what I say and you can't defend what you write and I'm supposed to be the poseur with no education???? :cuckoo:

I may not commonly agree with Jillian Politically, all that often, but she is no Poser. I respect her POV, and so should you.

"Respect" is too strong a word for someone who is usually wrong, and probably knows it.
just because one has a different opinion on a subject does not make them wrong and you right

I think Opt Out Day will be a flop.

The vast majority of the folks who travel on the day before Thanksgiving are the infrequent travelers. I don't think they're going to put up with any shenanigans coming from whining frequent fliers who think they are entitled to special treatment, special exemptions and special seating. For the TSA employees, this is just another work day. They're going to pull their eight hour shifts and then go home. I don't think it really matters to them whether or not someone wants to undergo a body scan or pat-down. At the end of the shift, that TSA employee goes home while some passenger has to deal with a lobby full of angry passengers who were delayed in line, possibly missed their flights, because this idiot wanted to take a stand in protest.

I think the airport police are going to spend more time keeping the angry non-protesters from killing those who decide to "opt-out" in protest.

In the end, nothing is more effective than peer pressure. My bet is that those who say they're going to opt-out in protest will end up chickening out.

Though I support Non-Violent Civil Disobedience when all else fails, I don't see that as the case here yet. If people can protest without ruining other peoples travel plans, I support it. Mass Chaos on the busiest travel day's of the year, appears not to well thought out.

I may not commonly agree with Jillian Politically, all that often, but she is no Poser. I respect her POV, and so should you.

"Respect" is too strong a word for someone who is usually wrong, and probably knows it.
just because one has a different opinion on a subject does not make them wrong and you right

Yeah it does, or I would not waste my time with something I knew was wrong.

The vast majority of the folks who travel on the day before Thanksgiving are the infrequent travelers. I don't think they're going to put up with any shenanigans coming from whining frequent fliers who think they are entitled to special treatment, special exemptions and special seating. For the TSA employees, this is just another work day. They're going to pull their eight hour shifts and then go home. I don't think it really matters to them whether or not someone wants to undergo a body scan or pat-down. At the end of the shift, that TSA employee goes home while some passenger has to deal with a lobby full of angry passengers who were delayed in line, possibly missed their flights, because this idiot wanted to take a stand in protest.

I think the airport police are going to spend more time keeping the angry non-protesters from killing those who decide to "opt-out" in protest.

In the end, nothing is more effective than peer pressure. My bet is that those who say they're going to opt-out in protest will end up chickening out.

Though I support Non-Violent Civil Disobedience when all else fails, I don't see that as the case here yet. If people can protest without ruining other peoples travel plans, I support it. Mass Chaos on the busiest travel day's of the year, appears not to well thought out.

I think it would be just what the doctor ordered, but I predict it won't happen.

You seem like a nice guy (?), but I'm not going to pull any punches with this crone, because she would not reciprocate if I was standing on her neck.

its also funny coming from him... given he says "facts don't matter"... which is when I stopped even bothering taking him seriously.

"Opinion" implies an ability to put things into words commonly used in English in a way to make logical sense, often backed up with facts.
She has exhibited no ability to express an opinion beyond "you suck."
That's why she's no lawyer. Some liberal posters here do manage to make arguments and form coherent opinions. They might be wrong, but at least they can reason.

Anyway, back to the OP: I agree it will be something of a flop if the expectation is everyone will opt out. But it only takes a dozen or so people at one airport withing a 4 hour timeframe to make everyone miserable. This thing has Backlash written all over it. I would not be surprised to see Obama's approval ratings hit the lower 40s after this is all over. High 30s if they go ahead and make exemptions for Muslim women, as is being discussed.

its also funny coming from him... given he says "facts don't matter"... which is when I stopped even bothering taking him seriously.

No sooner said then done. And she puts quotes on somethat she said and pretends it's something I said.

Maybe she's more of a poseur than a poser.

No sooner said then done. And she puts quotes on somethat she said and pretends it's something I said.

Maybe she's more of a poseur than a poser.

Perhaps in reality a loseur.

You seem like a nice guy (?), but I'm not going to pull any punches with this crone, because she would not reciprocate if I was standing on her neck.
if you were "standing on her neck", why should she do anything other than "knock you on your ass"?

if you were "standing on her neck", why should she do anything other than "knock you on your ass"?

Like I said, you seem like a nice guy (?), but what's it to you?

Perhaps in reality a loseur.

projecting again, pretend rabbi?

Exhibiting those remarkable debating skills and command of facts you learned in...Law School.. <wink wink, nudge nudge>?

you can say that til your head explodes...

but what is there to "debate" with a moron like you.

you know nothing. don't want to learn anything and you're as ugly a person as they come.

so why would i waste "debate" on you.

you're just treated the way you deserve to be

but you know, the smart people here would never question my bona fides... it's only the brain dead retards like you who do that. and i don't waste my time teaching pigs like you to talk...

either way, no debate with you would be worth my time...and, in fact, you neg me when i am having perfectly interesting discussions with far smarter people than you.

talk about poseur...

loser... don't you have more toilets to sell?

Last edited:
If the Left ever had any credibility on civil liberties issues they sure lost it here.

Blow it out your ass you duplicitous moron!

The right hasn't done a god damned thing to resist civil liberties encroachment since the revolutionary war or civil war. All of a sudden the TSA starts looking up your kilt and you suddenly discover civil rights, and you have the verve to accuse the left of a lack of credibility on civil rights?

Are you clinically retarded or just crazy?

It would be more effective if it was done on a day that wouldn't adversely affect the travel plans for the non-frequent flier who just wants to get to his or her destination to spend Thanksgiving with family. The message would be more effective because then they would gain the attention of the non-frequent flier rather than pissing him or her off.

But it still overlooks one simple fact: if the person removes everything out of the pockets before going through the body scanner as instructed by the TSA officer, that person will be out of the security checkpoint quicker than the person who undergoes traditional metal detector screening. I remember an employee who clung to his shoebox file that contained important phone numbers, addresses, special instructions, etc. that he stored right next to his personal computer at his desk.

Some folks just aren't ready for the 21st century even ten years into it.

Everybody knows the pretend rabbi is a teenager with not much going for it...prolly a sock puppet to boot...maybe Revere is, too.

oh, and Jillian is a lawyer, she's done work for me - Good work, too...

Forum List

Back