TrumpUSA: The Lemieux Diorama

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This short-story I cooked up is for meditating on the social values of our commerce-focused and media-centric 'TrumpUSA' and speculate on how the new global market is changing culture and psychology (e.g., Facebook, Olympic Games, consumer electronics, NATO, Wall Street, etc.).

This story is also meant to draw attention to our new global culture of 'media celebrity' and how it potentially caters to 'spotlight politics' (e.g., The Mario Lemieux Foundation, The Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation).

How optimistic are you about 'TrumpUSA'?

====

Mario Lemieux (the great Pittsburgh Penguins scorer) retired from professional ice-hockey (NHL) and was cheering on the Penguins' new prodigy Sidney Crosby. Lemieux decided to invest in the celebrated annual American horse-race the Kentucky Derby, and this year at the Derby, he correctly predicted the win of the underdog horse Arklow in the American Turf Stakes preliminary race (and won big!). Lemieux decided to give a portion of his Arklow-winnings to Hodgkin's Disease research (his personal charity). He did not realize, however, that the CIA was watching him.

After the formation of the Dream Team men's Olympic basketball team, the world was enthralled by the media attention given to sports, and all countries realized the great stakes in international sports and how the USA was dominating. Japan started forming a special lobby for the successes of its men's Olympic volleyball team, and Jamaica lobbied for the successes of its men's Olympic bobsled team. Meanwhile, North Korea (a nuclear-nation and problem-nation for America) also began investing in sports (and that's what caught the attention of the CIA). The popularity of the new NHL video games on Microsoft's immensely-popular Xbox platform (owned by American computing genius Bill Gates) had people in the USA talking about the accessibility of sports in home-media for wide audiences.

When the cover of EA Sports' NHL video game NHL 14 presented a picture of the Penguins' prodigy Sidney Crosby (now winner of two Stanley Cup trophies), the CIA began 'spying' on the the activities of retired Penguins legend Mario Lemieux. With all the cyber-activity in Internet chat rooms and Facebook, the U.S. government wanted to be sure that foreign rivals (e.g., North Korea) was not 'spying' on the commerce-traffic and consumerism-activity of Americans in the modern world. The NSA established a special cyber-division to monitor homeland Internet activity and watch for suspicious foreign hacker activity by possible anti-American terrorist cells/factions such as ISIS.

Lemieux was invited to the White House to speak with President Donald Trump about the importance of modern consumer activity and the sales of NHL video games which presented pictures of Lemieux and Crosby on the covers, especially games for the Xbox (since Microsoft was being managed by an American businessman --- Bill Gates). Trump explained to the retired Penguin legend Lemieux that monitoring consumer behaviors in the modern world was vital for the close inspection of commerce traffic and that foreign competitors were doing the same. Lemieux was a little startled and wondered if such 'monitoring' (of Facebook, Xbox sales, etc.) did not violate civil liberties, and Trump assured him it was no different than the 'social security' mandates of FDR.

Two months later, President Trump gave the following address during his State of the Union speech:

"It is crucial to evaluate consumerism in terms of politics and culture in this new age, which is why I was excited to compete for political office. The social and cultural efforts of our celebrated Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL) legend Mario Lemieux and his charity-work with Hodgkin's Disease research affirms in me the belief that to compete with rival nations such as North Korea, Cuba, and China in this new global market, we have to link lifestyle with philosophy and commerce with politics. I feel like I face the same challenges that FDR did --- to wed the needs of the people with the dreams of America. I have assured my good friend Mario Lemieux that the U.S. government will do everything necessary to ensure 'democratic engineering' so people around the world can be proud of TrumpUSA!"

====

nhl.jpg

Forum List

Back