Trump's twitter ability on STEROIDS!!!!!

The President has been passing me notes in study hall ... I always tick 'Yes'.

image3.jpg

Well, it seems that Trump has finally gotten the twitter platform he's always wanted. This Thursday apparently, there is going to be a test of something called the Presidential Alert System, and it will contact EVERYONE in America who has a cell phone. You can't opt out of it, you can't block it, you just have to let it happen.

Now, while this sounds like a good idea, what exactly is Trump going to consider a presidential emergency? And another thing..................this program was originally authorized by Obama, so why is it something he would consider using? Oh...............that's right...............he's all for anything that will allow him to inflate his ego even more.

Personally? I don't like it. The local and state warning systems should be enough. I know that here in Amarillo, on the last Friday of every month around noon, they tornado sirens go off, and whatever you are watching on tv is interrupted for the 3 min. it takes to run their drills.

And..............unlike other warning systems, you CANNOT opt out of this one.

FEMA: Trump administration will send ‘presidential alerts’ to cellphones across America

On Thursday, the Federal Emergency Management Agency will conduct a test of the national system that allows "presidential alerts" to hit the majority of cellphones. The goal is to warn residents of national emergencies, such as dangerous weather.

The warning system "provides the president with the communications capability to address the nation during a national emergency," FEMA said on its website.

The test is scheduled to occur at 2:18 p.m. EDT Thursday.

Some cellphone users will receive a message with a header that reads "Presidential Alert." The text then will say: "THIS IS A TEST of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System. No action is needed."

Info on the emergency alert test:
It’s a nationwide test of the same system that pushes public emergency messages like AMBER alerts
Presidential Alerts are only for national emergencies
FEMA & @FCC are testing to ensure it will work when needed
FAQ: The IPAWS National Test | FEMA.govpic.twitter.com/FBC1AF7oHY

— FEMA (@fema) September 15, 2018
But not everyone is on board with the notion of presidential notifications.

"I don't want this," actress Alyssa Milano tweeted Saturday. "How do we opt out, @fema?"

I don’t want this. How do we opt out, @fema? I know trump isn’t big on consent but I don’t consent to this. NBC News on Twitter

— Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano) September 15, 2018
Seems like Milano is out of luck.

Under federal law, users can opt out of the alerts for "imminent threats" and Amber Alerts about abducted children but "not for presidential messages," FEMA
warns.
Good for him to use when the deep state tries their coup once the witch hunt fails to take him out and he can let American Patriots everywhere to get armed and ready to defend our country from leftist assholes.

You didn't read the article dude. Trump is going to be able to contact EVERY phone in this country, regardless of whether you have opted out of special alerts or not,s.

No he wont. Having the leftist twitter app on your phone is a (n unwise) choice. But I wouldnt mind hearing from him.

You too didn't read the OP. As there isn't an option for cell phone users to opt out from Presidential Messages, according to FEMA.

No twitter app required.

No I didnt. Well not much. The headline says "twitter on steroids". I guess I expected it to be "twitter on steroids".

You didn't read the article dude. Trump is going to be able to contact EVERY phone in this country, regardless of whether you have opted out of special alerts or not,s.

No he wont. Having the leftist twitter app on your phone is a (n unwise) choice. But I wouldnt mind hearing from him.
I would hate getting a message with Drumpfs name on it. I would feel like I needed to take several hot showers afterwards.

Hope your shower is vacant next Thursday :)

Well, it seems that Trump has finally gotten the twitter platform he's always wanted. This Thursday apparently, there is going to be a test of something called the Presidential Alert System, and it will contact EVERYONE in America who has a cell phone. You can't opt out of it, you can't block it, you just have to let it happen.

Now, while this sounds like a good idea, what exactly is Trump going to consider a presidential emergency? And another thing..................this program was originally authorized by Obama, so why is it something he would consider using? Oh...............that's right...............he's all for anything that will allow him to inflate his ego even more.

Personally? I don't like it. The local and state warning systems should be enough. I know that here in Amarillo, on the last Friday of every month around noon, they tornado sirens go off, and whatever you are watching on tv is interrupted for the 3 min. it takes to run their drills.

FEMA: Trump administration will send ‘presidential alerts’ to cellphones across America

On Thursday, the Federal Emergency Management Agency will conduct a test of the national system that allows "presidential alerts" to hit the majority of cellphones. The goal is to warn residents of national emergencies, such as dangerous weather.

The warning system "provides the president with the communications capability to address the nation during a national emergency," FEMA said on its website.

Some cellphone users will receive a message with a header that reads "Presidential Alert." The text then will say: "THIS IS A TEST of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System. No action is needed."

It’s a nationwide test of the same system that pushes public emergency messages like AMBER alerts

"I don't want this," actress Alyssa Milano tweeted Saturday. "How do we opt out, @fema?"

I don’t want this. How do we opt out, @fema? I know trump isn’t big on consent but I don’t consent to this. NBC News on Twitter

Under federal law, users can opt out of the alerts for "imminent threats" and Amber Alerts about abducted children but "not for presidential messages," FEMA
warns.
Maybe we'll start hearing the truth for a change instead of you liars. Thanks for the heads up.

If you think Trump's twitter feed is the truth, then the Chinese invented Global warming?
I know the Chinese invented Chess where white always moves first and they built a great wall. They ain't got no Mexicans. Go Trump. Drive these traitors to hell!

Yeah, but Chinese invented global warming?

You really believe that?
al-gore.jpg

You too didn't read the OP. As there isn't an option for cell phone users to opt out from Presidential Messages, according to FEMA.

No twitter app required.

No I didnt. Well not much. The headline says "twitter on steroids". I guess I expected it to be "twitter on steroids".

I think the OP is wrong, not based on the capability of the system. Its certainly capable of doing what the OP describes.

But more I don't see Trump being willing to deal with the bureaucracy necessary to make it his 'new twitter'.

warns.
Maybe we'll start hearing the truth for a change instead of you liars. Thanks for the heads up.

If you think Trump's twitter feed is the truth, then the Chinese invented Global warming?
I know the Chinese invented Chess where white always moves first and they built a great wall. They ain't got no Mexicans. Go Trump. Drive these traitors to hell!

You really believe that?
al-gore.jpg

So is that a yes?

You really believe that?
al-gore.jpg

So is that a yes?
Actually al gore invented Global cooling/global warming/climate change… It Is a way for him to get paid something for nothing.
He found millions of gullible fuckers to throw in... lol

You really believe that?
al-gore.jpg

So is that a yes?
Actually al gore invented Global cooling/global warming/climate change… It Is a way for him to get paid something for nothing.

So Trump's tweeter feed is not a source for 'truth'.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Good for him to use when the deep state tries their coup once the witch hunt fails to take him out and he can let American Patriots everywhere to get armed and ready to defend our country from leftist assholes.

Could we fast forward to that last part?

You really believe that?
al-gore.jpg

So is that a yes?

It’s going to be very entertaining, anything that pisses off progressives is a good thing

You really believe that?
al-gore.jpg

So is that a yes?

It’s going to be very entertaining, anything that pisses off progressives is a good thing

Its unlikely to piss off anyone if used for its intended purpose.

He triggers progressives on a daily basis... It’s very entertaining. Lol

warns.

We dont need to be warned on imminent bad weather by the government..we have strollingbones. Right Sonny Clark ?
You are absolutely CORRECT. She will keep us informed. I don't even turn on the weather channel any longer. I depend on Bones for my weather updates and reports.

When have you ever known Trump to use his office as intended?

Chances are, he's gonna convince people that he's gotta have a test every month so that they can verify it still works, and he'd probably attach some kind of political message to it.

I mean, he's politicized everything else.

warns.

Say what?

I don't want those damn alerts on my cell phones...

warns.

Say what?

I don't want those damn alerts on my cell phones...

Sorry about your bad luck, there is no opting out of this one. Everyone with a cell phone in America is going to receive a message on Thursday.

Does this sound kinda Big Brotherish to anyone else?

Forum List

Back