Trump's Plan To Regulate Businesses And Choke Trade

I'm listening to the guy tell us that he's going to tax American businesses who manufacture products overseas and try to sell into US markets.

Are there any conservative USMB members who are cool with that idea?
Is he going to tax American businesses, or is he talking about tariffs? Because those are two different things.

He said he will tax American businesses that move factories overseas. Those are his words. I'm surprised that you haven't heard that yet.

Of course the writer misconstrued alot their. He's not pullng out of NATO...

He will tax a company that moves overseas....remind you he will.lower the corporate tax to start....which is fair.

And he will.impose tarriffs IF other countries don't work with us and open markets...again its fair
If you read the statement Trump made on MTP, he is talking about taxing one outsourcing corporation one higher rate, and taxing another oursourcing corporation a different higher rate. He is wandering deep into bill of attainder territory (which is unconstitutional), and opening the door to the kind of corruption to which that leads.

As for NATO, Trump not specifically saying he will "pull out" is a distinction without a difference. If Trump decides not to honor our NATO obligations, which is exactly what he is threatening, that has the same effect as a pullout.

I'm listening to the guy tell us that he's going to tax American businesses who manufacture products overseas and try to sell into US markets.

Is he going to tax American businesses, or is he talking about tariffs? Because those are two different things.

He said he will tax American businesses that move factories overseas. Those are his words. I'm surprised that you haven't heard that yet.

He will tax a company that moves overseas....remind you he will.lower the corporate tax to start....which is fair.

And he will.impose tarriffs IF other countries don't work with us and open markets...again its fair
If you read the statement Trump made on MTP, he is talking about taxing one outsourcing corporation one higher rate, and taxing another oursourcing corporation a different higher rate. He is wandering deep into bill of attainder territory (which is unconstitutional), and opening the door to the kind of corruption to which that leads.

As for NATO, Trump not specifically saying he will "pull out" is a distinction without a difference. If Trump decides not to honor our NATO obligations, which is exactly what he is threatening, that has the same effect as a pullout.

He only said that for NATO if the other country doesn't honor their part of the agreement ( financial)....I see nothing wrong with that...

As for taxing, I haven't seen where he would impose a shall.i say graduated tax on them. I hate them and would not support it...that's why our income tax is so corrupt...flat tax forever!!!!!

He maybe thinking of a VAT tax on them, which will create inflation on their products, then those nations will do the same, causing more inflation and then, recession....

It will tickle down to the consumer, that is what trickle down economics is. Most companies are now going to Mexico , its closer and also its better for the US, as Mexico uses more parts made in the USA than China does and China wages have gone up. Now the Mexican wages need to go up, and finally the workers of the globe can sock it to the Corps. :)

He only said that for NATO if the other country doesn't honor their part of the agreement ( financial)....I see nothing wrong with that...

As for taxing, I haven't seen where he would impose a shall.i say graduated tax on them. I hate them and would not support it...that's why our income tax is so corrupt...flat tax forever!!!!!

The stupid burns.

LongLaugher provided a link, and I quoted the relevant part from it.

At the very center of Trump's argument are some truths. His solutions suck so badly, though, they obscure the reality of some problems which "The Establishment" is ignoring at their peril.

The fact is we are bleeding jobs to overseas competition. These are flesh and blood human beings who are being thrown out of work, and then there are millions more who are fearful of the same happening to them. And these people are mighty scared and mighty pissed.

This is why Trump is getting traction, despite being totally clueless on coming up with viable solutions. He has tapped into that pain and anger and is giving voice to it.

By laughing off Trump, we are also laughing away the problems (baby with the bathwater), and that is just not going to cut it for much longer.

Last edited:
At the very center of Trump's argument are some truths. His solutions suck so badly, though, they obscure the reality of some problems which "The Establishment" is ignoring at their peril.

The fact is we are bleeding jobs to overseas competition. These are flesh and blood human beings who are being thrown out of work, and then there are millions more who are fearful of the same happening to them. And these people are mighty scared and mighty pissed.

This is why Trump is getting traction, despite being totally clueless on coming up with viable solutions. He has tapped into that pain and anger and is giving voice to it.

By laughing off Trump, we are also laughing away the problems (baby with the bathwater), and that is just not going to cut it for much longer.

Ten years ago....maybe even five, I'd have agreed with that 100%

But, the issue now is job loss due to automation and tech advances. The answer isn't found in trade deals.

Education and addressing things like health care and the safety net are where our attention needs to be. Can you say "guaranteed minimum income"?

Forum List

Back